Transportation Ideas Please - Shades of Green and no Poly Monorail

Naterfan

Mouseketeer
We always stay at Shades of Green and hop the monorail at the Poly to get around. We always stop by the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary for a little shopping and site seeing. With monorail service suspended at the Poly, how would y'all get to the other two resorts? A walk is about 20 minutes and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to park at either the GF or the Contemporary and hope onboard the monorail, even if it is just to go to the other resort.

Last edited:
We always stay at Shades of Green and hop the monorail at the Poly to get around. We always stop by the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary for a little shopping and site seeing. With monorail service suspended at the Poly, how would y'all get to the other two resorts? A walk is about 20 minutes and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to park at either the GF or the Contemporary and hope onboard the monorail, even if it is just to go to the other resort.

If you're up for a longer walk, I would walk from SoG to the TTC and catch the resort monorail there. It's a longer walk than your usual SoG to Poly monorail station plan, but not that much further. GF would also be relatively accessible on foot - again, if you don't mind the walking. Certainly adds steps coming/going, but it would be manageable for some.

If you are okay with the longer walks, You could also walk to GF directly via Poly. I have not heard anything about the Poly-Grand Floridian path being closed.

I missed that the pp had the GF path in their response.

Do they let you park to go inside?

Then drive to Polynesian, shop, then drive to Grand Floridian, shop, drive to Transportation & Ticket Center (Magic Kingdom parking) to go to MK, etc.

If you have a car, I would drive from Shades of Green to the Ticket/Transportation center to board the monorail.

You can take the Shades bus to the TTC and then board the monorail there.
As others mentioned, you can also walk to the TTC. We did that last year when we walked to Poly only to find the monorail down. It wasn’t bad at all.

If you usually walk to Poly it’s an easy walk to GF from Shades of Green
On Google Maps, SOG to Poly Monorail is 1/2 mi.; GF Monorail is 1 mi.; and TTC Monorail is slightly under a mile.

If the Shady Shuttle is running, take about 0.4 mi. off those distances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter