Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

Our Uber XL with car seat was $30 from Carribean Beach to Cabana Bay. It was $40 from Royal Pacific to the airport.

Our Uber XL with car seat was $30 from Carribean Beach to Cabana Bay. It was $40 from Royal Pacific to the airport.
This is probably a silly question.. But I’ve never used Uber before. Does an Uber XL guarantee room for a family of four plus luggage?

Is it too early to book Tony Hinds? We need a ride August 5 and August 8.

Is it too early to book Tony Hinds? We need a ride August 5 and August 8.

Macraven is right. I've booked with Tony as far out as 10 months and as soon as one month (not quite last minute), and he's always been able to accommodate us. For peace of mind, I always try to book as soon as my dates are set, though. Speaking of which, I'm making our HHN30 plans now (for October) and will be contacting Tony soon.

So in the past I have recommended the superstar shuttle, but after my recent experience unless you are arriving at the normal hours I would not do it again.

I arrived at about 11:15 PM (well before my 11:40 scheduled time with the shuttle) into Orlando and called them when I got to the luggage carousel. The said to call them once I got my luggage - but they took my info.
Luggage was a bit messed up and I called them again at Midnight from the area they told me to go to.
Then then told me to go to another area and I would be called by a taxi with pickup info.
After 30 minutes I called them again as I had heard nothing.
They told me to go to the taxi stand the dispatcher would sort it out - no such luck - he had no idea what I was talking about and and we really could not communicate. After several more calls I finally got the taxi to Aventura and arrived at 1:45AM to the hotel - about the same length of time of my flight to get from MCO to Universal.

I'v read a lot of complaints in the past about the shuttle and I can see why - when it works its fine - but when it does not it is a total mess.
And of course since the Hotel is Loews and not Universal it is not really a hotel issue so they really cant do much for you.
Still Aventura was great and did take great care of me. Still it took days to get caught back up after that - especially with late night HHN.

In the future Ill do Uber or Tony Hinds I think
In December we arrived at MCO around 8:45pm. Carryons only, so once I got in a quiet enough area I called as directed. She asked if I was on level with baggage claim. I said no, I don't have bags to claim. (I was literally standing by the escalator to go down though and stated this.) She told me to call back when I got down to that level/ground transport area. I went down escalator....called right back. Shuttle was on other side but would be about 10 mins, 20 mins tops. They'd call me if anything changed. 20 mins later I called back. It should be there in about 10 more mins. Then another mom/son pair (who were actually on our flight) walk up. They tell her same- 10 more mins. 15 mins later we call back......long story short we waited just over an hour.
On my return it said they'd be at hotel at 7:00pm to pick us up for our 10:00pm flight. I was nervous but went out about 6:45 to wait. 7:00 no shuttle....7:10 no shuttle so I called. They're on their way, almost there. 7:25 no shuttle. Another family waiting too so she calls this time. They're "across the street at Aventura. Be there in 8 mins." 7:45 I call and am told they are on Universal Blvd, pickup at Endless Summer. I said, "funny, you told this other lady here that they were across the street 15 mins ago and would be here in 8 mins." She said "well it's a busy time of year and there is traffic. You need to account for that. " I said "Well since it's a busy time of year maybe you guys should dispatch out your shuttles earlier and give pickup times of more than 3 hours prior to flight departure to account for it. Are you going to pay for my flight when I miss it?" She didn't answer. 8:02pm a shuttle pulled up finally. Thank goodness I'd been watching MCO security waits online and they had been 10-20 mins all evening. We made it and had a few mins to grab McDonald's before our flight.

Has anyone used the shuttle universal offers? I am curious to know your experience and looking for reviews on it.

Has anyone used the shuttle universal offers? I am curious to know your experience and looking for reviews on it.
We did and loved it. They were waiting when we got downstairs, the driver was super friendly and there was only one other family on the way to the resort. The return trip was the same except it was full.

We did and loved it. They were waiting when we got downstairs, the driver was super friendly and there was only one other family on the way to the resort. The return trip was the same except it was full.
I'm curious about it. I was told by one if their agents that when you land they get your luggage and then give you alll your information in some type of package. Also when you do your return flight do they take your luggage and bring it to airport ahead for you or must you bring it to the airline yourself? Tia.

I'm curious about it. I was told by one if their agents that when you land they get your luggage and then give you alll your information in some type of package. Also when you do your return flight do they take your luggage and bring it to airport ahead for you or must you bring it to the airline yourself? Tia.

We did it in 2017, so it may have changed since then. We had to grab our own luggage, then we went down to their counter and got the packet with our info (I can't remember what was in it, maybe our tickets definitely some park info). When we got to the resort the driver unloaded our luggage and we took it in, then checked in. For our return trip, it was the same but in reverse. It was just transportation to and from the airport, no frills.

We did it in 2017, so it may have changed since then. We had to grab our own luggage, then we went down to their counter and got the packet with our info (I can't remember what was in it, maybe our tickets definitely some park info). When we got to the resort the driver unloaded our luggage and we took it in, then checked in. For our return trip, it was the same but in reverse. It was just transportation to and from the airport, no frills.
Thanks so much. I am looking for some tips and advice about possibly doing a trip to Universal for about a week. I have never stayed there, always done Disney but to me Disney is getting very high priced especially with there value resorts. Where to me Universal seems a bit cheaper, so thank you very much for this.

Thanks so much. I am looking for some tips and advice about possibly doing a trip to Universal for about a week. I have never stayed there, always done Disney but to me Disney is getting very high priced especially with there value resorts. Where to me Universal seems a bit cheaper, so thank you very much for this.
You're very welcome! You will love it 😁 we actually alternate years with Disney because we love them both. Have a great trip!!!

Thanks so much. I am looking for some tips and advice about possibly doing a trip to Universal for about a week.
Unless you’re really big fans of their parks, I don’t think there’s enough to keep you busy for a week. We’ve started splitting our weeks between Disney and Universal with 4 days at WDW and 3 at Universal which is plenty of time to do all 3 parks.

I was thinking of going
Unless you’re really big fans of their parks, I don’t think there’s enough to keep you busy for a week. We’ve started splitting our weeks between Disney and Universal with 4 days at WDW and 3 at Universal which is plenty of time to do all 3 parks.
I was thinking of doing hhn when I go. Also include volcano bay and maybe do a day at wdw or maybe gatorland. The reason I would stat here is because the price is so much cheaper then wdw.

I was thinking of going

I was thinking of doing hhn when I go. Also include volcano bay and maybe do a day at wdw or maybe gatorland. The reason I would stat here is because the price is so much cheaper then wdw.
HHN is SO much fun so definitely recommend visiting during the Fall. We usually stay at one of the Deluxe Resorts to have the Express Pass included so we can do everything in just a couple of days.

You mentioned the All Stars for comparison - I saw prices for ~$125 per night checking for upcoming dates. That seems on par with the cheapest at Universal.

HHN is SO much fun so definitely recommend visiting during the Fall. We usually stay at one of the Deluxe Resorts to have the Express Pass included so we can do everything in just a couple of days.

You mentioned the All Stars for comparison - I saw prices for ~$125 per night checking for upcoming dates. That seems on par with the cheapest at Universal.
Endless summer is offering $79 to 85 a night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts