Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

I used it for one trip about 4 (?) years ago and the shuttle was a mess. The trip from MCO to the hotel was okay, but the trip back to the airport was a disaster. After waiting around for a van that never showed up and a few panicked phone calls to the shuttle service (which is NOT run by Universal BTW, it is a sub-contractor), I wound up leaving the hotel less than an hour before my plane starting boarding. If I hadn't have had TSA pre-check and the efforts of the driver that finally did show up, I would have missed my flight. The worst part was that neither the shuttle company nor Universal cared about my experience when I complained about it afterwards.

I think that they may have changed the sub-contractor since then (I think I heard that SuperStar went out of business), but I still wouldn't use the Universal shuttle. It isn't too much more expensive to use a private car service (I always recommend Tony Hinds, he is the best in the business!) and it is just so much more convenient. They meet you at the baggage claim, grab your bags for you, load them in their vehicles (which is parked close-by) and go. Plus most will accommodate a grocery/liquor store stop for free. Since my crazy stressful experience with the shuttle, using Tony's service is the one vacation luxury that I ALWAYS treat myself to.

Does anyone know if Tony Hinds is working right now? Sent an email and just waiting to hear back...

Yes, Tony is still working. I will be meeting him for the first time next Friday, and have communicated with him by email several times now. It seems to take him about 24 hours to respond to an email, but he asks for your cell phone number for communication purposes on day of. I'm wondering if he's local, though. I asked him if he was local and, if so, if he did resort to resort transportation. He responded very positively that I could set this up a day in advance, but did not say whether he was local or how much it would be. I'm a bit nervous, as if he's not local, I really don't think I'm going to want to pay an amount that would be worth it to him, and I feel bad emailing him yet again just to basically say, how much?

But he seems really nice thus far. And, for a party of 6, it really wasn't expensive roundtrip. Plus, booking with him makes me feel so much safer than booking a random Uber or uncaring taxi.

Yes, Tony is still working. I will be meeting him for the first time next Friday, and have communicated with him by email several times now. It seems to take him about 24 hours to respond to an email, but he asks for your cell phone number for communication purposes on day of. I'm wondering if he's local, though. I asked him if he was local and, if so, if he did resort to resort transportation. He responded very positively that I could set this up a day in advance, but did not say whether he was local or how much it would be. I'm a bit nervous, as if he's not local, I really don't think I'm going to want to pay an amount that would be worth it to him, and I feel bad emailing him yet again just to basically say, how much?

But he seems really nice thus far. And, for a party of 6, it really wasn't expensive roundtrip. Plus, booking with him makes me feel so much safer than booking a random Uber or uncaring taxi.
Tony was super nice when we used him in February. If we decide to fly in the next couple of weeks we will use him again. Please update if you use him for resort to resort transportation. We would be staying 1 night at ES and then moving to SF....we are a party of 6 as well so trying to figure if 2 reg ubers/lyfts, 1 XL uber, or Tony would be the cheapest/easiest solution.

I used Tony Hinds for a round trip from a disney resort to Hard rock, then from hard rock to MCO. I had a little one with me who needed a car seat so I preferred him over Uber since he includes car seats. He was great! No complaints at all, showed up on time, drove very carefully, nice big van with plenty of room. Highly recommend

When I was there, a friend of Tony's picked us up. He was very nice. He said Tony had allowed his license to expire during the shutdown, and was working on getting it back...

Anyway, this gentleman not only met us at baggage claim and transferred the 6 of us from (and, later, to) MCO, with a complimentary grocery/drink stop, but he also came back the next morning to transfer us from Surfside to RPR - no additional charge. Of course, I tipped him so well, it may have been cheaper to use an Uber - LOL! But I felt like he deserved it. Total official cost for all transfers - $120.

So, I tried to book with Tony, but got a response that he wasn’t doing transfers right now. Any other suggestions. We are hoping to come back in December.

So, I tried to book with Tony, but got a response that he wasn’t doing transfers right now. Any other suggestions. We are hoping to come back in December.
Wow! It's really quiet in here! I would also like an update on Tony. Hope his business is going to make it through these crazy times.

I have a booking with him for next month

I’ll call Tony later today to let him be aware his customers have questions

Can anyone tell me how much Tony normally charges for a one-way transfer from MCO to a Universal resort, please?

I booked with Tony for our trip at the beginning of the month. Tony refered Noel to us who drove us both from and back to the airport.
Noel was saying to the lack of business is making it hard to justify the cost of insurance they have to carry and Tony may be deciding to retire But still unsure.
apparently the bulk of the business is transport to the cruise lines.

That being said, Noel was great and quite a character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!