Transportation with Carseats from Tampa to Orlando

This train travels all the way from NY, so delays are common.

Between 8/12-9/11, it has arrived in Tampa 4 hours late once, 2-3 hours late once, and 1-2 hours late 8 times. This should be taken into consideration if meeting a flight. The median arrival delay over the period was 44 minutes.

Also, the impact of Hurricane Florence is unknown at this time. If there is flooding damage to the tracks and roadbed, Amtrak may modify the schedule to substitute motor coach service over part of the route from NY, or they may suspend service entirely for a time. From 9/12 until now, the train is operating normal schedule, but only on a truncated route between Jacksonville, FL & Miami.

Delays can happen on any method of transportation especially on planes, trains, buses, etc.., this doesn't superceed the fact that Amtrak is more reliable and more enjoyable than bus services such as Greyhound, etc. (the only other option outside of driving) and significantly more cost effective than renting a car or using a car service (Uber, Lyft, etc.) for such a long trip.

Worst case scenario, in the event that there is an unforeseen delay then the OP would just resort to Plan B and just order an Uber/Lyft, it's not like he/she would be stranded, and he/she would be reimbursed by Amtrak if they decide to seek an alternative method of transportation due to a major delay.

Nonetheless, it looks like the OP is no longer considering this option.

Yes, we can do any of these options. I think 2

one way rentals are cheaper than Uber/Lyft.

Actually, the one way rental is $167 for a minivan, so not cheaper than Uber. That is why I was trying to find ohter options. We can do Uber for $100 per car, so it will be $400 for our group to do 2 one way rentals to Orland and 2 back, so that is an option we are considering. I was just trying to find other options. We are going Thanksgiving week (11/15-23) so that is probably why it is more expensive. Ice cube is trying to help me find a better deal, though, so hopefully that will work out. Thanks for all of the suggestions!
You're using TPA because it's cheaper than MCO, right? With nine people, if you're saving more than $45 per person, you still have a deal.

Regarding the highlighted - plus tip. That's a very long trip with low chance of return riders.

I am confused why, if Tony Hinds can drive you to Tampa, you don't deserve that trip and just rent two vehicles one way, TPA>WDW?

Thank you everyone. Like I said, we had narrowed it down to 2 one way rentals or a Full size van for the week because it would be nice to have. However, somehow the flights for Thanksgiving week finally went down enough that we are going to fly into Orlando now! We will be getting a quote from Tony for the return trip and deciding between that and a rental to come back. I cannot believe they finally had some wanna getaway fares to Orlando, since we started looking an hour after they were released and they have been super high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter