travel agent a good idea?

jebns

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
In the past we have used a travel agent to book travel in Florida and been able to get rooms at a conference rate discount. Does anyone know if something like this exists for Universal and/or it is worth going through a travel agent to book a trip to Universal? We are a family of 6 hoping to go 8/23 for 2 nights and it's looking like thousands of dollars!!
Thanks for any help!!!

I haven’t heard of convention rates for anyone not going to a convention.

I don’t use a TA for Universal. I book a room onsite through loewshotels.com and buy my tickets from Universal or an authorized seller like undercovertourist.

Short trips do tend to be more expensive wherever you go.

We’ve never used a travel agent either, no need. And never heard of anyone getting a convention rate, usually conventions are block bookings.

I’ve never heard of TA discounts at Universal, but I’m sure several of us would be happy to answer any questions you had about finding ways to save.

We’re you looking at packages? Specific hotels?

Yes a short trip is expensive-but Universal can be a very good value for a longer trip(or if you plan to return within the year) especially if you purchase at lease one Annual pass. You can save a lot of $$ on onsite room rates. You also get discounts on food and merchandise. And Universal is a relaxing vacation.

We just saved a tidy sum by booking at the AP rate. Even though we have no plans to return within a year, it's still cheaper to buy one annual pass then the rest of the family tickets from UT. Check out the AP thread in the hotels section for the link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!