Travel Agent Discount Tickets & Room

bbenoit0128

Earning My Ears
I just had a question about the TA discount for tickets...I was confused on what they are offering for ticket discounts. What was the discount for the multi-day park hopper? Or was it just for the ONE day park hopper? Also, when you book a TA resort rate, do you just purchase the discounted ticket separately?

I was also confused on this as well.

I never did see the free one day pass, even though it was advertised as some point in my process of becoming a TA.

But what I ended up with was a 50% off retail priced Park Hopper ticket. I was able to use this for 5 days and I believe you can do it for several more if needed.

The room rate, you must directly through the portal. So yes, they are not packaged and you must purchase them separately. You will also receive 50% off of your entire stay.

These are some awesome deals and saved me several thousand dollars.

The ticket is either a complimentary one day hopper OR a multi-day hopper at a discounted rate (I'm also an AP, so I've never used the benefit to know how much of a discount).

The room is booked separately, but is a ticketless package, so it's a $200 deposit instead of one night and you get the package bonuses, like the mini-golf tickets. The 50% off seems to be pretty accurate. You can only use this for up to a 7 night stay.

Both benefits can only be used once a year.

The ticket is either a complimentary one day hopper OR a multi-day hopper at a discounted rate (I'm also an AP, so I've never used the benefit to know how much of a discount).

The room is booked separately, but is a ticketless package, so it's a $200 deposit instead of one night and you get the package bonuses, like the mini-golf tickets. The 50% off seems to be pretty accurate. You can only use this for up to a 7 night stay.

Both benefits can only be used once a year.
Can you upgrade a DTA rate? I booked at All Stars but thinking about changing to FQ that they had available.

I was also confused on this as well.

I never did see the free one day pass, even though it was advertised as some point in my process of becoming a TA.

But what I ended up with was a 50% off retail priced Park Hopper ticket. I was able to use this for 5 days and I believe you can do it for several more if needed.

The room rate, you must directly through the portal. So yes, they are not packaged and you must purchase them separately. You will also receive 50% off of your entire stay.

These are some awesome deals and saved me several thousand dollars.
How many more tickets can you do it for? Immediately family? What host agency did you join? I am thinking about doing it. We went 4 times last year. I fell in LOVE with Disney

How many more tickets can you do it for? Immediately family? What host agency did you join? I am thinking about doing it. We went 4 times last year. I fell in LOVE with Disney
You can only do it for yourself once a year. And then you can book a 7 day stay once a year.

As far as the agency goes, I'm not sure if it breaks the boards rules.

You can easily find several options that provide access to CLIA memberships. My training was 100 and the card was another 100. The training can take anywhere from 8+ hours to complete. I've heard for some, it has taken them much longer. I work on computers all day and was able to fly through it.

You can only do it for yourself once a year. And then you can book a 7 day stay once a year.

As far as the agency goes, I'm not sure if it breaks the boards rules.

You can easily find several options that provide access to CLIA memberships. My training was 100 and the card was another 100. The training can take anywhere from 8+ hours to complete. I've heard for some, it has taken them much longer. I work on computers all day and was able to fly through it.
Thank you! And the cruise discount applies to all immediate family members? That seems like a super good gig. Wish I knew about this 5 trips ago, haha. I help friends and family book all the time. I definitely need to do it! The minimum sales requirement could be stressful?

Thank you! And the cruise discount applies to all immediate family members? That seems like a super good gig. Wish I knew about this 5 trips ago, haha. I help friends and family book all the time. I definitely need to do it! The minimum sales requirement could be stressful?
I believe it includes the TA and up to 4 immediate family members. The rates are quite good. But the availability can be so dynamic and you would have to be incredibly open to dates and location. But if you can swing that, they are much more affordable.

Well....stressful can be subjective. I haven't been stressed because I knew going in that I would struggle. My expectations were very very low and my success has been lower if not non-existant. My intentions were to get the discounts and then hopefully find some customers. So if I'm not renewed, I won't be too upset.

Anybody heard anything as to why 2024 DTA benefits aren't yet available?

We booked our 2023 trip in June of 2022, and I believe we did the same with our 2022 trip in mid-summer 2021 and have been eagerly checking for 2024 packages.

Anybody heard anything as to why 2024 DTA benefits aren't yet available?

We booked our 2023 trip in June of 2022, and I believe we did the same with our 2022 trip in mid-summer 2021 and have been eagerly checking for 2024 packages.
I was also wondering about this.

I think this thread is dead but wanted to see if anyone knows - if a domestic partner/boyfriend/girlfriend immediate family? We have a stay booked, have lived together for 3+ years, and share a credit account but other than that... no shared anything. Don't want to get converted back to rack rate, but don't know how serious Disney takes it?

I think this thread is dead but wanted to see if anyone knows - if a domestic partner/boyfriend/girlfriend immediate family? We have a stay booked, have lived together for 3+ years, and share a credit account but other than that... no shared anything. Don't want to get converted back to rack rate, but don't know how serious Disney takes it?

I don't understand your question - "if a domestic partner/boyfriend/girlfriend immediate family" does what?

Sorry -if a domestic partner/boyfriend/girlfriend = immediate family
No, not immediate family. Immediate family is spouse, kids, siblings, parents - legally. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc are extended family. Girlfriend/boyfriend/partner are just that, since same sex marriage is legal in all 50 states.

No, not immediate family. Immediate family is spouse, kids, siblings, parents - legally. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc are extended family. Girlfriend/boyfriend/partner are just that, since same sex marriage is legal in all 50 states.
Just for clarification if anyone ends up here with the same question - I ended up reaching out to the TA Benefits Desk and they said it was ok for domestic partners to be room guests and it would not revert to rack rate. Thanks for all responses.

edit - FYI domestic partnership doesn't just cover same-sex marriage. It includes any union that shares life for a prolonged period.

Just for clarification if anyone ends up here with the same question - I ended up reaching out to the TA Benefits Desk and they said it was ok for domestic partners to be room guests and it would not revert to rack rate. Thanks for all responses.

edit - FYI domestic partnership doesn't just cover same-sex marriage. It includes any union that shares life for a prolonged period.
Correct, but not legally recognized in all states.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter