Travel Changes?

In early May I submitted a claim with the DOT for the reason that West Jet refused to refund my money for my cancelled flight on May 22nd (from Fort Lauderdale to Toronto); they were offering a voucher. I might have considered a voucher for a few hundred dollars, but the cost was in excessive of $1,200.00 so I wanted my money back. A call to West Jet yielded no results and when I asked to speak to a manager I was told the CSRs were not allowed to forward calls asking for a refund to a manager.

I did receive a standard e-mail response from West Jet a few weeks ago, but this morning I received this:

Upon investigating your concerns and reviewing your reservation, we confirm that you filed charge-back processing through your financial institution. By virtue of the chargeback process, we have effectively refunded your fare per the requirements outlined in our tariffs for this type of schedule irregularity. This appears to have been completed on June 23, 2020, therefore, no credit remains on your tickets. As this process was initiated by you, there is nothing further that WestJet can assist with regarding your request for a refund. You may contact your financial institution to confirm the amounts have been restored to your account. WestJet considers your complaint to be resolved and no further action is required by us at this time.

It sounds like they are not going to fight my Chase dispute. While I haven't heard from Chase yet it seems that West Jet isn't fighting it and I will get my money back. I am thankful, but feel that West Jet should have refunded my money initially. I will still fly with them as they have a good product and are an alternative to Air Canada.

Hey all, looking for some suggestions. I've been having a lot of trouble with Lufthansa and I'm not sure how to proceed.

I contacted them requesting a refund months ago. After a lot of back and forth, they told me they'd forward my request to the refund department on 5/25. I haven't heard anything since, despite 3 follow up emails. All of my communication has been through email because I've been entirely unsuccessful at getting through on the phone.

Today, just out of curiosity, I checked our flight status. The third leg of our flight to has had the departure time changed so that we now have an 11 hr 20 min layover rather than a 3 hr 25 min layover. It pushes our arrival to a totally different day. For our return flight, the departure time of the first leg was changed to a time that would make us miss the second leg.

This seems to obviously qualify us for a refund, but I have no idea how to contact them since I've had such terrible luck trying to get in touch. I think I might be able to do it through my credit card company, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hey all, looking for some suggestions. I've been having a lot of trouble with Lufthansa and I'm not sure how to proceed.

I contacted them requesting a refund months ago. After a lot of back and forth, they told me they'd forward my request to the refund department on 5/25. I haven't heard anything since, despite 3 follow up emails. All of my communication has been through email because I've been entirely unsuccessful at getting through on the phone.

Today, just out of curiosity, I checked our flight status. The third leg of our flight to has had the departure time changed so that we now have an 11 hr 20 min layover rather than a 3 hr 25 min layover. It pushes our arrival to a totally different day. For our return flight, the departure time of the first leg was changed to a time that would make us miss the second leg.

This seems to obviously qualify us for a refund, but I have no idea how to contact them since I've had such terrible luck trying to get in touch. I think I might be able to do it through my credit card company, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I don't have any experience with Lufthansa specifically, but I'd suggest sending Lufthansa a direct message on Twitter. I have had success getting responses from other airlines (Qantas, British Airways, Delta) this way.

I would try the credit card route first but if that doesn't count call your congressman or Senator. They are currently working on legislation for mandatory cash refunds (no future credits) for airlines. This will apply to domestic carriers but they may have other options too. Good luck!!!

Monday 25th May was only 5 weeks ago give them a chance to catch up on refunds

There are many thousands of Europeans to be dealt with as well so I am sure you will hear from them soon .

You do know that there is Now a BAN on U.S.A. persons entering Europe .

A Review on this will be made at the end of July 2020

Monday 25th May was only 5 weeks ago give them a chance to catch up on refunds

There are many thousands of Europeans to be dealt with as well so I am sure you will hear from them soon .

You do know that there is Now a BAN on U.S.A. persons entering Europe .

A Review on this will be made at the end of July 2020
Monday, May 25th was when I finally got a response from them, and that response told me that they’d be in touch with me “as soon as possible” (their exact words) and now it’s been radio silence. I’d been trying to deal with this for at least another four weeks before that. They also initially told me I could only handle it by phone and I literally couldn’t get through at all. No menu, no “waiting room,” nothing.

I disputed it with Chase and because the changes affected our arrival date, Lufthansa was no longer provided the service we purchased, and Chase issued a temporary credit. They give the merchant an opportunity to respond, but I expect it’s basically resolved. It took less than 24 hours for the credit to come through.

I don't have any experience with Lufthansa specifically, but I'd suggest sending Lufthansa a direct message on Twitter. I have had success getting responses from other airlines (Qantas, British Airways, Delta) this way.
This was a good suggestion but they gave me their same “you have to resolve this by phone” garbage. They didn’t even give me a phone number to use to try to resolve it.

I did a chargeback on our credit card for our KLM airfare. KLM was very resistant to giving our money back even though THEY cancelled our flight. They kept saying they would give us a refund but until we did the chargeback they never refunded the airfare.

I did a chargeback on our credit card for our KLM airfare. KLM was very resistant to giving our money back even though THEY cancelled our flight. They kept saying they would give us a refund but until we did the chargeback they never refunded the airfare.
In an interesting development, it now looks like they have cancelled our flights (again without notifying us, I checked).

If they have cancelled your flight, you can go online and ask for a refund. Keep your screen prints and/or emails and if they give you a long wait time to get your refund, do a charge back. The airlines have been trying to hang on to the passengers money as long as possible....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!