Travel opening back up October 15 w/ negative covid test

Bulldogmommy

Mouseketeer
Governor announced today, Hawaii will allow travelers to bypass 14 day quarantine with a negative covid test taken within 72 hours of arrival... starting October 15, 2020. Could we possibly get reopening date with this new development? #fingerscrossed

is this a real date though? Because they were saying that for Aug 1 and Sept 1 and Oct 1 also and then pushed it back. Also not to mention the logistics of getting the testing done and the risk of a positive test (whether real or a false positive or a long hauler testing positive past the infectious stage)

It may be that Aulani opens up the DVC but not the cash side resort units, with modified offerings for things based on cost to run versus DVC contribution.

Goes to show how ignorant I am about how Hawaii is doing things. After last week's announcement that with a negative COVID test, you wouldn't have any state restrictions, I see this today:

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020...llow-gatherings-of-up-to-5-starting-thursday/

I know Aulani doesn't have a Honolulu address, but do they fall under this mayor's orders?

Honolulu is both a city and a county -- the county includes the whole island of Oahu, so yes, Aulani is included in this order.

United airlines is out this morning saying they are partnering with a medical clinic and will offer Covid tests in the airport for passengers going to Hawaii. The test will have a 15 minute turn around time and cost $250. October 15th reopening might actually happen.

Does this mean families with more than 3 kids are out of luck? They take pains to say 5 people limits from the same household. That would imply that if you have 5 kids and are a party of 7, just hanging out at the beach would be "illegal"

United airlines is out this morning saying they are partnering with a medical clinic and will offer Covid tests in the airport for passengers going to Hawaii. The test will have a 15 minute turn around time and cost $250. October 15th reopening might actually happen.

Boom! $250!!!??? That's some sticker shock, but its a nice service for those going. No worrying about whether the test will come back in time..

I wonder what about United flights that depart from the Toronto airport.

I looked and it said they were doing it at the San Francisco airport only 527840 for now

We have reservations over Christmas/New Years at Aulani and Marriott Ko Olina. I have a 13, 8 and 6 year old. My husband, myself and 13 year old can go to CVS. How do I get my 6 and 8 year old tested if CVS wont test under 12 and I dont think other approved provider has a location in Indiana?

We have reservations over Christmas/New Years at Aulani and Marriott Ko Olina. I have a 13, 8 and 6 year old. My husband, myself and 13 year old can go to CVS. How do I get my 6 and 8 year old tested if CVS wont test under 12 and I dont think other approved provider has a location in Indiana?

That's a detail that will probably come out when CVS rolls out the testing for Hawaii program. I'm thinking they'll be glad to take your money and since it's for Hawaii they'll get your kids tested.

This new Abbot test that show results in 15 minutes will help the situation and should become more widely available soon. They are expecting to make 50mm of the test strips in October alone.

Does the new Abbot test meet Hawaii's requirement?
Reading the United Airlines article more closely, it seems like the Abbot one is the one that they are going to be using. I guess you are paying a lot for them to have it available at the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter