Travel opening back up October 15 w/ negative covid test

This new Abbot test that show results in 15 minutes will help the situation and should become more widely available soon. They are expecting to make 50mm of the test strips in October alone.
50 million tests per month starting in October sounds like a lot until I learned that the U.S. Government placed an order for 150 million tests, and will be in charge of distributing them to states. By the way, they purchased them at $5 each, which is also what Abbott Labs said they would charge for them. $250 each is NUTS!

Will we need to be retested if one goes to Oahu and then to another island such as Maui or Kauai or will one test done 72 hours prior to flight time in mainland suffice?

Will we need to be retested if one goes to Oahu and then to another island such as Maui or Kauai or will one test done 72 hours prior to flight time in mainland suffice?

There is currently a 14 day quarantine when traveling from Oahu to another island. At the moment, there are no exemptions for people who have a negative covid test.

There is no quarantine requirement for people traveling from neighbor islands to Oahu. If you're planning on island hopping, schedule Oahu as your last stop just to be safe. Then again, who knows what the situation will be in two weeks much less two months.

I wonder what about United flights that depart from the Toronto airport.
...and in addition to the response from @CodyBoy , no rapid tests are currently approved for use in Canada. Now, if the test were to be administered within the US departure gate area, it is technically a "US area" so who knows what could happen with time.

The GoHawaii website is clear that the information "currently applies only to domestic travelers"

I do not believe any 15 minute test suffices the NAAT requirement that Hawaii states is required.

As with everything Hawaii (I mean this endearingly), its wait and see regarding implementation and execution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!