Traveling to Disneyland with powerchair questions.

Tiggerish

DIS Veteran
I posted this on this on the Disneyland board but it was suggested to post it here also.

I use a power wheelchair for mobility issues associated with multiple sclerosis. Pre-covid I had made several trips to Disneyland and my chair flew with me. Now I have a much bigger, more complex chair so it is slightly better to fly using assistance in the airports and renting a chair. Disney World is no problem, lots of choices for transportation from and to airport and getting a chair delivered to my resort. However, I am have not found any transportation options for LAX and only one place that might have a rental chair, Scootaround. There is very limited information about them.

Can anyone recommend either a transport service for my chair or a reputable company that will deliver to Pixar Place?

Most people seem to Uber to Disneyland. AFAIK, all the transport companies from LAX that carried wheelchairs needing for-downs have gone out of business. I visited Knott’s in January and it was super easy to take public transit with my wheelchair. The same public bus that goes to Knott’s also goes to Disneyland. Only cost $3.50 round-trip. Met a guy at Disneyland several years ago who always used that route with his behemoth of a chair so I gave it a try and went flawless.

I talked to someone at a Disneyland hotel about wheelchair transportation to the park and they said call them later to see if they know of any options. That was back when companies were about to go out of business (our driver told us but wasn’t official yet). I’d try asking directly if they still offer a busing service for hotel guests from the airport. That was all pre-covid so could be much different now.

I ended up renting a power chair from Scootaround and will use wheelchair assistance in the airports.

When I first called Scooteraround, the person I talked to on the phone did not seem very knowledgeable, kept putting me on hold to check with someone and even had to called me back after she got answers to my questions. It seemed like she was very new to the job. However, I later used the chat feature on their website and that went much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter