Travelling Pilot Plan - only 2 day Quarantine

I think that as long as everyone follows the 'rules' as set by various authorities then we are all doing our best. Do these rules change frequently, of course they do! But the situation also evolves constantly as well. It is confusing for anyone to keep track of, but I trust in the authorities to follow the best advice of the most knowledgeable scientific resources available (well at least here in Canada), when making these rules or guidelines.

Personally, I didn't cancel our trip next week (taking about a $600 loss) to the Laurentians because I was afraid or shamed by someone. I cancelled because the government of Quebec said don't travel from Red Zones to Orange Zones, and I'm in a Red Zone. There are currently no restrictions on travel within Ontario that I am aware of, so I would certainly go to a farm outing as long as the host is following the rules around gathering sizes and infection prevention - and it sure sounds like they are.

If everyone follows the rules as they evolve we will get through this with minimal loss of life. There is no shame in following the rules and guidelines. It is often when people ignore and flaunt the rules that infections start to multiply. Ignoring the rules also often leads to stricter rules as the infections spread. In not playing by the rules as set in various jurisdictions, I think there is (or should be) great shame.

Thank you guys . We went and had a blast. Our mental health needed a day away. Outside distanced and doing something different.

QUOTE="damo, post: 62431777, member: 19693"]
Sounds awesome!!!! Have fun! That sounds like a terrific experience that is very low risk. Honestly, it sounds safer than going to any store or to school. I am jealous!
[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• C94E20DE-1CFD-4C48-B3AB-B593DF326997.jpeg
    C94E20DE-1CFD-4C48-B3AB-B593DF326997.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 20
Thank you guys . We went and had a blast. Our mental health needed a day away. Outside distanced and doing something different.

QUOTE="damo, post: 62431777, member: 19693"]
Sounds awesome!!!! Have fun! That sounds like a terrific experience that is very low risk. Honestly, it sounds safer than going to any store or to school. I am jealous!
[/QUOTE]

Oh that looks amazing! Care to share where it was?

I saw more details of how the pilot works, looks pretty good to still prevent spread. Restrictions attached, for example, if you have kids, they can’t go to school until after a second negative result. Have to wear a mask when outside your home in public and private spaces and outdoors if physical distance of 2 m is not possible.

I think if your employer is willing to let you come back to work following the negative test, mask wearing, self monitoring of symptoms and another negative test...why not!

I am not saying just go hog wild and be " that person " who doesn't follow the guidelines. Pick and choose where YOU feel safe going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!