Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
~For those wondering about lack of size and breed restrictions:
3. I understand and agree that the hotel retains the right to exclude my pet if, in the hotel's sole discretion, my pet is considered dangerous by reason of size, disposition or is likely to frighten or harm other guests of the hotel. I agree that at all times while on hotel property I will ensure my pet complies with all relevant laws and regulations. I agree that if I do not adhere to these policies, I will be required to board my pet at my own expense. (I do implore people to not just go up to the front desk and say "I saw a _____{insert whatever breed}" and demand it be removed without the dog having done nothing wrong.)

Wow, seems like a big gray area in this particular clause. For example. I would hate for owners to drive 500 miles to WDW with their beloved St Bernards in tow, only to be turned away by a management decision based on the size of the dogs.

Since we all agree Disney needs to tighten up the rules....#3... if you retain the right to restrict why not state it up front ? And I am sure an owners lawyer would have a field day with not stating this up front. iMO not any better a definition than what originally came out
You mean restrict on the sole basis of breed or size?

You mean restrict on the sole basis of breed or size?

Yes, as wubar stated previously Disney should let large dog size owners know they are not welcome early than to wait until checkin. I don't necessarily agree all large breed dogs are vicious as I don't agree all pit bulls are vicious. I try really hard not to stereotype in dogs or humans for,that matter :)

Yes, as wubar stated previously Disney should let large dog size owners know they are not welcome early than to wait until checkin. I don't necessarily agree all large breed dogs are vicious as I don't agree all pit bulls are vicious. I try really hard not to stereotype in dogs or humans for,that matter :)
I wondered why they didn't have a stated specific weight limit when they started the test.

Wow, seems like a big gray area in this particular clause. For example. I would hate for owners to drive 500 miles to WDW with their beloved St Bernards in tow, only to be turned away by a management decision based on the size of the dogs.

I've got no idea here so I'll just share my musings on this. I don't *think* you're going to see someone turned away just by them showing up with St Bernards for example. I *think* this is how they are choosing to address people's concerns on certain breeds (aka pit bulls, etc) while at the same time keeping (for now that is) with their no size and breed restriction. Again just my musings but I *think* Disney is trying to be as open and welcoming as they can whilst also understanding the gut reaction a lot of people may have. Or in other words how my mind read it giving guests who have concerns the knowledge that Disney will at least keep those concerns in mind.

I've got no idea here so I'll just share my musings on this. I don't *think* you're going to see someone turned away just by them showing up with St Bernards for example. I *think* this is how they are choosing to address people's concerns on certain breeds (aka pit bulls, etc) while at the same time keeping (for now that is) with their no size and breed restriction. Again just my musings but I *think* Disney is trying to be as open and welcoming as they can whilst also understanding the gut reaction a lot of people may have. Or in other words how my mind read it giving guests who have concerns the knowledge that Disney will at least keep those concerns in mind.
I agree. I think if you show up with Cujo this gives them right to turn you away.

So pet owners must have a pet carrier with them for their dogs? Yeah...I can see those St. Bernards mentioned upthread coming with crates LOL.

"7.I agree that I must have a pet carrier available for each pet in case of an emergency and/or if I need to use transportation services."

No, at Riverside at least, rooms for dogs are primarily going to be in building 24. There may be a very few guests that might need to be assigned to a different specific group of rooms (in 15, 80 or 95 only) if their booking category requires it, but certainly not "any hotel room". It does seem, however, that dogs - under proper control and on leashes - will be allowed on the walkway paths and in the non-food public areas, yes. I assume the same sort of rules will apply to the other dog-friendly resorts, but I can only vouch for what is currently the ruling at Riverside.

Andre

I understand what you are saying. But the fact remains. If people with dogs are not required to prebook, dogs can and will be placed in which ever room categories people have booked.

So pet owners must have a pet carrier with them for their dogs? Yeah...I can see those St. Bernards mentioned upthread coming with crates LOL.

"7.I agree that I must have a pet carrier available for each pet in case of an emergency and/or if I need to use transportation services."
Well look at it this way- owners would have two choices at that point if they had no carrier: find a place to purchase a large enough carrier or be told you cannot have your dog in your resort room and must board the dog elsewhere. If you want to look at it in even more positive light those who have no way to get a carrier may in fact choose to board their dog elsewhere in order to comply with the rules and thus that could be one less dog on resort property.

*Please note that the same that has been said over and over some people will always choose to disobey rules but I'm attempting to look at this in a less negative and more positive light.

They do make crates that fit dogs that large. I own one. It folds down flat and even has a handle to lift it easily. I bought it at Walmart so it's not like it was hard to find.

They do make crates that fit dogs that large. I own one. It folds down flat and even has a handle to lift it easily. I bought it at Walmart so it's not like it was hard to find.
I agree. I don’t know many ppl personally who would leave a large dog in a strange place without a crate.

I also have a crate that big for my long dead Japanese Akita.

I've seen the large crates you speak of. However, the ease of lifting it is greatly improved if the St Bernard is NOT sitting inside it. ;)

Yes. I know. My point was, what a huge pain in the butt that would be for large dog owners to have to drag a crate(s) on vacation with them LOL. And I have one for my greyhound...Wouldn't fit in my car with all our luggage. Maybe in my pickup truck.

if Disney is gonna do this, they really, REALLY need to just do a weight limit.

Yes. I know. My point was, what a huge pain in the butt that would be for large dog owners to have to drag a crate(s) on vacation with them LOL. And I have one for my greyhound...Wouldn't fit in my car with all our luggage. Maybe in my pickup truck.

I agree with this. I have a golden & dachshund. It would be a huge pain to bring the big dog & he does better boarding. I would think that most of the time, it’s the little dogs that don’t tolerate boarding as well. But, I realize that could just be my experience.

Well there you go--right there you've already given more reasons why less guests may choose to do this if they have large dogs unless they've thought about x,y,z. What Disney appears to be doing right now is leaving the guest that choice if they want to deal with the downsides or not.

*Again please note that the same that has been said over and over some people will always choose to disobey rules but I'm attempting to look at this in a less negative and more positive light.

Exactly. And do the "pet carriers" required in rule #7 even exist for a St Bernard?
And, when does the guest first see this waiver? It says you will sign it at check in. Will you have it to read before you pack up your dogs and drive to The Disney resort?

Exactly. And do the "pet carriers" required in rule #7 even exist for a St Bernard?
And, when does the guest first see this waiver? It says you will sign it at check in. Will you have it to read before you pack up your dogs and drive to The Disney resort?
Sure do,

c53010460efb684d72337edb78eb8f32--extra-large-dog-crate-large-dogs.jpg

Thanks for posting the “contract” that is supposed to be read and signed. How many people actually read the agreements when you book a resort At WDW or cruise? I’ll let my neighbor down the street know that if the take their 2 Great Danes to a resort on the list to build a couple of crates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter