trip advisor DLH roaches?????????

jemilah

<font color=navy>Dreaming of Disneyland every nigh
I just read the lastest on trip advisor about being overun by roaches at DLH. Just made our reservations a couple days ago and am now grossed out! I don't understand why this person did not go down to the front desk if he could not get through on the phone to be changed ..................but that just should not happen at such a nice hotel. I almost find this story hard to believe. Any problems of this kind out there?

We have stayed there many times. Never saw any bugs of any sort. I would think that if it happened, it was an isolated incident with a reason behind it. JMHO ;) I wouldn't worry, enjoy your trip!

I have stayed at the DLH five times. Nothing but wonderful stays, I cannot imagine this hotel being overrun by roaches. My brother and his wife stayed there quite recently and loved the DLH and they are pretty picky and used to 5 star hotels. I think tripadivisor is great, but that is just one review. Many people on tripadvisor are bargain hounds and for $200 plus a night have extremely high expectations. Now I admit a roach problem would be a big problem but who knows. This person might have just felt ripped off or something and posted this review. I will tell you that the DLH staff has always been on top of things for my stays. We smelled smoke once in our non smoking room and they got up there in nothing flat and took care of the problem. Ditto with some loud neighbors we had one night. I also think that if roaches were some kind of ongoing problem at the DLH you would hear about it on disboards and I have never seen that mentioned that I can remember. Just check your room carefully at check in and if you see anything creepy report it immediately and asked to be moved! I think you'll be fine and love the DLH.

I thought the claims were too much......any normal person would have comlpained at first sight of them .........we have of ants in the bath tub at cheap hotels. I am sure that it is probably someone looking to cause problems. The weird part was if the room was full of roaches why did they have their son sleeping on the floor. Worth reading though.

All Trip Advisor postings need to be taken with a grain of salt. If you see one or two bad reviews in a sea of good ones, you can bet that the bad ones were either isolated incidents at best, or at worst a traveler with an axe to grind who are making things up or blowing small issues out of all proportion to reality.

Another thing to watch for is common complaints through out many reviews. If everyone, good review or bad, says "front desk staff rude", for example, it's most likely a real problem for most guests.

Now, if you see 2 good reviews in a sea of bad ones, run! :eek:

Maybe the roaches traveled with them!

Sounds like someone didn't get what they wanted to decided to post a bad review.

I was just there last week, in the Bonita Tower and do not have one single complaint ! When reading those reviews, average them out. If you have one out of twenty that is saying something... I always assume that person may see things differently than most. As for Roaches, I agree with the previous post about someone maybe didnt get their way or something, and decided to take the back door to make it better in their own eyes. I can honestly tell you, our stay was great... and not one single roach. The worst thing that happened was we got back to our room one day before the housekeeper was finished. BUT she made bunny rabbits out of washcloths for our kids! Cant complain about that! I think you'll enjoy the stay.

We just got back from 3 nights in the Marina tower and never saw one bug.

I like the idea they brought them with them ...........happened to us at a condo.....got new neighbors and they brought their roaches! I am sure we will have a great time! Thanks for all the replies!

So after reading the report, I agree it sounds bogus.

His stated actions just make no sense. He saw roaches when he checked in, but decided he just had to go to the park instead of rejecting the room right then and there?

He played roach-arcade with a shoe all night with one hand, and kept dialing the front desk with another, instead of taking 5 minutes to walk down to the lobby and complain in person?

He had his son sleep on a buggy floor instead of on the bed with him? Those beds are definitely big enough for two, what parent in their right mind would do that? And if the bed was too small, you give the bed to your child and you sleep on the buggy floor (and he wasn't sleeping anyway he says.)

The whole story just doesn't add up.

-S

I read the review and it was so stupid I couldn't stop laughing! I think somebody was miffed they didn't get an upgrade or something. Ignore this person and have a great trip!

I won't name the name of the motel openly on the board, but when we stayed at this motel, I woke up at three AM, went to the bathroom to pee, and when I turned on a light dozens of cockroaches scurried away. I screamed very loudly. As soon as I "handled the situation" I called to the front desk and I told them about the roaches. They asked me if I was the one screaming. They were thankful I was. They were ready to call 911. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They offered to move me, but my son never woke up despite the screams. (waking up a sleeping 3 year old is against my religion)So I went back to bed with all the lights on. All the lights. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I still get the eebie geebies. :teeth:

On another speculative point, this person may not have stayed there at all but rather was trying to free up an available date for an upcoming visit with all 3 hotels being booked solid during spring break. For some reason, these bad reports tend to coincide with upcoming holidays. The last one I saw was right before President's day weekend.

BTW, we stayed at the DLH in February, January, June and the previous February and never did I see a cockroach, alive or dead except in California Adventure. lol.

However, I did see a trail of ants on one of the sidewalks.

Have stayed @ DLH and have had NOTHING but PERFECT stays. Never, ever saw any bugs of any kind.

I think that guy is :smokin: something.

What an Idiot to say something bad about a Disney Hotel... that is really funny that the front desk was going to call 911 YeartoLate!

I have a veryyyy, loud scream. :rotfl2:

Apparently loud enough to wake a number of folks up (save one sleeping three year old in the same room)and scare the living daylights out of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter