Trip insurance when paying with gift cards

The cruise credit part does not require them to return money to you. You have paid for a cruise, they help you have a cruise at a later date. They aren’t losing money. And you would still have a good feeling toward them.
I missed that part. Thank you.
I would have a better feeling if I could insure my trip, but thank you

Similar is true for car rentals. If you pay for part of it with a gift card or voucher, then your credit card CDW may not be applicable and you would need to be covered under your auto insurance policy or need to buy expensive CDW through the car rental agency.

Can I ask.... how would the insurance company know what you used to pay for the cruise?
They could ask for a receipt showing your method of payment. I vaguely recall looking for a credit card bill showing the charges after I cancelled a cruise for medical reasons many years ago, but I am not sure if that was required when I filed with insurance.

Can I ask.... how would the insurance company know what you used to pay for the cruise?
Because, in our experience, the one time we had a claim, we had to submit proof of booking, proof of cancellation, and credit card statements showing where the cruise was paid for.
Which is why this does sort of make sense that gift cards might not be reimbursable-- if you can't show the path of the $$ used, they may not feel your claim is valid. (and yeah, I'm glad I read this, as I was thinking about using gift cards for a decent part of an upcoming cruise, but maybe it's just as well to save them for our onboard expenses and WDW visits.

And to another poster, pretty sure most travel insurance has disclaimers about reimbursing (or not) airline points and the like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter