Trip Insurance

DJT

DIS Veteran
Who do you use for trip insurance? I’m not sure if it is too late for me to get it. I am taking my three grandkids ages 11, 15 and 18. The two younger ones have had flu shots although I know it doesn’t always help this year. Thanks.

There are online trip insurance comparison sites -- I believe you can purchase insurance up until fairly close to your departure. Just know that anything that happens before you purchase insurance will not be covered (named storms, illness/injury, etc.). Are you concerned about having to cancel if 1 child gets the flu? Or could that child stay home with the parents and you take the other 2 on the trip? Anybody can get sick regardless of receiving the flu shot, and if someone comes down with something while on vacation I recommend that you have copies of the kids' insurance cards with you.

Enjoy your vacation!

Travelguard.com is my go to because it waives the pre-existing condition exclusion when purchased close to your booking date. No matter who you choose I recommend reading the actual policy before buying. Most sites will have a link to the policy somewhere on their site but you have to dig for it. Read to make sure it will cover what's important to you. If you don't understand something call and ask. If I recall, travelguard has the link to the policy language when you quote the price.

We've never gotten it before but we've never gone to WDW in August before. C&F Travel Insured Worldwide is who we just went with for our August trip. The hurricane coverage is supposed to be very good. We paid extra for cancel anytime. I believe within 21 days of booking gives you the most flexibility with plans but you should be able to get it anytime.

We used USAA for ours when we went on a big trip to the British Isles last year. It was a reasonable price and covered almost everything. It is only available to member I believe.

Travelguard is good and we have used it. You should also contact your insurance broker and see if they have something for you. (My BIL is in insurance so I literally run every insurance question by him)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter