Trip is taking shape

MikeJ

Retrait is finally here...
We've been toying with another trip to Orlando this August, as DS hits high school this year and we are a little reluctant to pull him out of school as a result. We're owners at OKW and have booked 5 days in August - I just called Universal and booked 3 days at the Hard Rock Hotel (in a Queen Deluxe) for US$160/night using the Entertainment card discount. The rack rate on those rooms is US$285/night. I was checking out the Mousesavers web site where I saw that the Entertainment books are now available on-line for US$10 so I went ahead and ordered one knowing I'd save a lot on the room rate.

We're looking at flying out of Flint, MI non-stop to MCO on Air Tran (US$850 for the 4 of us with great flight times) and will get our passes from CAA before we depart. All we need now is for WDW to announce their room-only discounts for August so we can book the 2 days at the Animal Kingdom Lodge at the end of our stay.

Off to check out the rental cars....

- Mike

I think the "par rates" should be out soon. Last year we were going to go at the end of Aug. (& ended up switching to Nov.)
We booked at the end of May with the Par for Aug.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Just wondering- is the DVC rates usually better than the Par rate?

Sounds awesome. You will love HRH, we stayed there last year and front of the line access is great. Let me know what you think of August when you get back because we are thinking of skipping our April trip for August next year because of kids in high school also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter