Trip report 2/16-2/21 DLR & KBF

NHLFAN

Disney Dreamer
This trip included myself and my DW,
DD (13) and DD friend (13).

On Sunday 2/16 we arrived at the SEATAC airport 8 hrs early for our 2:15pm and told the ticket counter at Alaska Air we couldn't wait to go to Disneyland...they put us all together on a flight that left 20 minutes later...a extra day in the park!!!

On arrival we used National's "Emerald Isle" and pick out my car and drove back to the terminal for my awaiting DW, DD and DD friend.

At 11:00 am we checked into our $27 a night (via Priceline) room at the Hyatt Regency-Orange County but paid $35 a night to upgrade to a 2 room suite...Parking is $11 per night!!!.

We took the hotel shuttle (BUS) which departs every 1/2 hour (top and bottom) and makes a quick stop across the street and then onto the park....the ride back is at 10 & 40 of each hr.

The parks were very clean and we enjoyed DCA for the first time and we enjoyed Soaring over California, Grizzly River Rapids and our favorite California Screamin'!!!

We had the Disney Travel Co. Passport Plus tickets which allowed multi-fasspasses at the same time...what a great time saver!

After a couple hrs we headed over to the Magic Kingdom and WOW it was crowded...fastpass time again!!!....I made a fast round to INDY, POTC, Haunted Mansion, Splash and Big Thunder RailRoad to collect out fastpasses and then made the rounds.

And yes the Castle was smaller than I remembered compared to seeing the Castle at WDW the last couple of years.

We headed back to the room about 6:00 pm to eat and go to the Disney Character Warehouse in Fullerton...Not as good of selections as the Character Warehouses in Orlando...but we did buy a few things.

The next morning, Monday 2/17 it was back to DCA for some fun in the sun and after that a visit to downtown Disney...we left the area around 5:00 to catch a bite to eat before we head to "The Pond" to watch the NHL Mighty Ducks vs. the NY Islanders...great game that ended in a 2-2 tie.

The next morning, Tuesday 2/18 headed to the Magic Kingdom for a quick breakfast and got word they were releasing a new DISNEY CLUB pin at the Priemere shop in tommorow land...being new pin trader...we had to get the cool new " Fantasmic Mickey" pin.
The question of the day from other pintraders was "How do you join the Disney Club?" sorry...

We rode the Matterhorn and it seemed alot smoother of a ride than I remembered, then rode Space Mt. and headed over to Toon Town for pics with the FAB5...we decided to let the girls go on their own and we had lunch at the "Blue Bayou".

Eating at The Blue Bayou has alway been a dream of mine since I was a little kid...The Dream came true and Monte Cristo was very good!!! We made sure to wave to the boats sailing past...

The girls met us back over at DCA...for another round of Screamin' and GRR!

On WED. 2/19 we met up with my sister, S.Ca resident that hadn't been to DCA , so we headed over to DCA for Soarin' then GRR and we dicided to try our luck at "Who Wants to be a Millionaire."

We didn't get in the hot seat because:

"DAN from Jersey City went all the way and WON THE CRUISE!!!" He still had 2 lifelines going into the final question...WAY TO GO DAN!!! You also made our day watching you win the trip for your family!"

It was back to Screamin',Tough to be a Bug and then back to the Magic Kingdom for a fast round of fastpasses to INDY, Splash, POTC, Haunted Mansion.

On Thursday 2/20, We checked out of the Hyatt and went over to the Radisson-KBF for a night using a special room package that included Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Tickets , breakfast and dinner voucher for the dining room in the hotel "Amber Waves".

Knotts Berry Farm had a very light crowd but we saw another couple from DUVALL, WA ...WOW.... it's a small world after all....!

We rode the GhostRider which is a great wooden coaster that is smoother and longer than any other I'd been on...The Xcelerator was our next ride...if you think Screamin' (DCA) has a fast start...the Xcelerator seemed twices as fast off the start!
We then rode Supreme Scream that is a Drop Zone type of ride and then we rode the Jaguar which is a coaster that take you though and around the other rides in the area.
We then rode Montezooma'a Revenge and a couple other Extreme coaster then the log ride of our life "Perilous Punge".

The drop for Perilous Punge is so extreme that they put everyone into a "bungie cord like" harness once inside the boat...WOW what a ride and one big SPLASH!

I was then picked out of the crowd at the Calico Saloon to be Calico Kate's man for a while until her man returned much to our surprise! ;)

We'll after a chicken dinner (lunch) at KBF we headed back to our room for a nap then we all decide not to go back to KBF but to DCA and DL the rest of the day!!!

That evening we had a great dinner at the "Amber Waves" (Great Steaks !!!) and also had breakfast there this morning and you have a choice of breakfast menu or Buffet.

Any questions....let know know and thanks again for everyones help.

We also have the multi-pass option from WDTC. How long did it take you to gather them up? Was there a method to your madness> Sounds like you had a nice trip.

Thanks for the response.

Great report! You just managed to get me more excited about my trip! Thanks :D

Originally posted by momoftwins
We also have the multi-pass option from WDTC. How long did it take you to gather them up? Was there a method to your madness> Sounds like you had a nice trip.

Thanks for the response.

We arrived Sunday (2/16/02) around 12 noon and the park was packed. Indy was a 45 min wait so I had the Family hang out & visit the shops while "I took all the passes" and got Indy,POTC, HM, Splash & BTMRR fastpasses.

I'd say the walk to get all those Fastpasses was 20 minutes including getting the passes...We waited another 10 minutes for the first pass to start.

Don't worry about arriving late to a fastpass time (hint,hint) as they were allowing entry if late...but not early.

This was a great feature...but be aware that if the park opens early like DCA did on Monday (2/17/02) the fastpass machines don't work until the sceduled park opening time...so the fastpass line could be longer than the standby line is...like Soarin' was at 9:45 am.

One morning, while the family was ordering breakfast, I went around the magic kingdom collecting our passes.

Have Fun...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter