Trip Report!! ABD Enchanted China 6/4-15/2017 Update 8/11/18! Day 10 - Shanghai à la Carte

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

After the show, it was time to head back to our hotel. It was really too late to check out the lit-up view of Pudong across from the Bund. (Many of the lights were already being turned off). I did manage to get this view from my room.

IMG_1774.jpg

One of the cool things they had in the rooms at the Peninsula was unlimited free internet calling from the room phone to anywhere in the world! So I took advantage of this to call a good friend in Las Vegas (the time difference worked out) and chat with her, across so far away, about the wonderful trip I was on. It was really cool!

After that, I headed to bed to rest up for our next day in old Shanghai – and Shanghai Disneyland!

Oh! I almost forgot to post these photos the Adventure Guides took of us with the Maglev train! They moved the little rope stands so that we could get closer to the train for a better shot.

DSCN0896.jpg

Apparently the local authorities didn't think that was a good idea!

DSCN0897.jpg

The rest of the shots were taken with the rope in place, and from a nice, safe distance!!!

Coming up next – Day 11 – Shanghai Noon and Night

It's funny you mention Din Tai Fung because I've been meaning to check out one of their California locations!

Yay!!! Love the next installment but I shouldnt have read it hungry! Now I’m craving soup dumplings! Thank you for not mentioning how my family pigged out, lol. I think the waiters were shocked at how much we were putting away. I can’t remember the flights but was that the one with the last minute changed gate?

Yay!!! Love the next installment but I shouldnt have read it hungry! Now I’m craving soup dumplings! Thank you for not mentioning how my family pigged out, lol. I think the waiters were shocked at how much we were putting away. I can’t remember the flights but was that the one with the last minute changed gate?
:rotfl:Believe me, you were NOT the only ones putting away tons of soup dumplings! You could have rolled me out of that restaurant! :D

That might have been the flight with the last minute change. The internal flights were, in general, pretty crazy!

Sayhello

Flo was one of my favorite of the step on guides in China. We had her on both trips. She even helped us with a restaurant reservation on the Bund. I loved Shanghai. Too bad ABD can't spend more time there. I'll be interested to hear your experience in SDL.

Flo was one of my favorite of the step on guides in China. We had her on both trips. She even helped us with a restaurant reservation on the Bund. I loved Shanghai. Too bad ABD can't spend more time there. I'll be interested to hear your experience in SDL.
Flo was excellent. She took me and some others shopping in the government silk and jewelry shops in Chinatown, and was very helpful in navigating them. I did enjoy her commentary about Shanghai and how it has progressed post-Chairman Mao, and also the very interesting history of the area near Din Tai Fung, which looks distinctly European, as does the Bund area. I'm hoping to have our SDL day up soon, as I'm determined to finish this report *before* going to Iceland!!

Sayhello

Loving the updates to the report! I'm a little less than 2 weeks out from leaving, this is making me even more excited.

Just read this report and it’s amazing. I am looking at this trip for December 2022-January 2023 for myself my DW and 2 DD (would be 14 & 12). Have done two ABDs previously. DW and I went to China on 2006 for our honeymoon but only saw Beijing, a little bit in Shanghai and the Terra Cotta museum. We did it through Viking River which was nice but looking forward to the ABD difference.

Just read this report and it’s amazing. I am looking at this trip for December 2022-January 2023 for myself my DW and 2 DD (would be 14 & 12). Have done two ABDs previously. DW and I went to China on 2006 for our honeymoon but only saw Beijing, a little bit in Shanghai and the Terra Cotta museum. We did it through Viking River which was nice but looking forward to the ABD difference.
Wow! Thank you. I'm really glad you enjoyed my Trip Report! It's so wonderful that people are back to planning travel again.

It's a spectacular trip! China is fascinating, and this trip covers a wide spectrum of locations and activities. I always warn people to be well-rested when they start this trip, because the internal flights can mean early and/or long days, but it's TOTALLY worth it! Let me know if you have *any* questions!

Oh, man! I didn't realize I'd never finished the last day of this Trip Report (or my post-day at SHDL). I'm going to have to fix that!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter