trip report-nbc-26/5/03

Syl

Earning My Ears
This is my 3rd attempt to give a trip report but keep getting it wrong re filing, so now will just give conclusions.
travel- car and Seacat.
Journey fine, but too long. Wish we'd taken the Eurostar!
NBC- on place which would accomodate 5 of us. Lovely hotel, but too big for the facilities on offer - couldn't cope with all the people staying there. Tahnk God for breakfast via room service.
Too far away for us - it's the Disneyland hotel next time !
Meals at hotel fine, but v expensive and needed to be booked well in advance.
Parks - great but exhausting. Certianly paid to be there at 9am, but only Fantasyland open then - the rest of the park opened at 10 ! Don't bother with the Critter Corall - waste of time.
Not all restaurants open.
Didn't queue too much - worst was 40 mins for Dumbo.
Studios - get there at opening time. Armageddon ride disappointing.
Val D'Europe shopping. Lovely, but alas I had the family with me which restricted serious spending. Use Porte Danube section of covered carpark to be nearest to Auchan.
All in all, use SV's fab book to plan in advance to get the most out of the trip - after all, it costs a fortune, so you want the most out of it ! ENJOY !!!!

Whoops - we were there from 26 to 29 May - we certainly didn't do all of it in a day!
Weather beautiful - in fact had to give up at lunchtime on 28 due to heat , overdoing it the day before and the fact that we'd done everything we wanted to. Spent pm in NBC pool which was great - only got busy after 4pm.
Thanks again to all of you who responded to my queries and who have supplied info on this site - it's great - and Simon's book was marvellous.
Characters? Luckily our children weren't bothered, but it was nice to see them when we did. Being touched up by Baloo made our 8 yr old's day.
Couldn't believe how many people were there with little children in pushchairs - what were these little children getting out of it? Also, there were a load of grandparents being dragged around too - how could anyone enjoy themselves?
Disney Village just too tacky for words and not worthy of further comment - wish we could have bypassed it !

Glad you had a 'kind of' nice time. :)

Agree about Armageddon - we were also disappointed with this attraction - The studios seriously needs some more rides.

Disney Village Tacky?? What things gave you that impression?

Thanks for the report.

Richard. :)

The Disney Village just didn't make us want to linger. It has a dusty air about it, and could do with some of the lovely landscaping that's in the rest of the park. For example, as you approach the Park and walk round the gardens at the entrance to the Disney hotel, it's a completely different atmosphere. All I'm asking for is a few pot plants !!!! Also, I hate those small rides that ensure that my child has a tantrum at every one. At 2 euros a go they were far too expensive too.
We did have a good time, honest, and the children would certainly love to go again. It's just that we would save hard to stay at the DH and travel direct with the Eurostar. It's only because we're v lazy !!!

Thanks for your reply.

I would definitely agree with you regarding Eurostar - It is so much quicker and easier than flying or taking a ferry. It's a great stress-free way to start the holiday.

Glad you had a good time :)

Richard. :)

Thank you for your trip report Syl :)

I agree that Eurostar is a great way to get there!

The pool at the NBC is lovely isn't it?! In fact, I really enjoyed staying at this hotel.

Hopefully it won't be too long before you visit again :) !

Originally posted by WDWfan,uk
Thank you for your trip report Syl :)

I agree that Eurostar is a great way to get there!

The pool at the NBC is lovely isn't it?! In fact, I really enjoyed staying at this hotel.

Hopefully it won't be too long before you visit again :) !

Myself I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of going by ferry. Coz I tend to go on a coach trip it means I get the chance to stretch my legs etc and get a bite to eat on the journey.

By the way, how does everyone get these fantastic countdown clocks on their postings? I would love to get one of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter