Troubling cancelling holiday

godders

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I'm coming up to my 60 day payday for Disney - early December booking - and would like to cancel. I've tried sending an email to the Disneyholiday address on the invoice but I keep getting a failure to send.

Are we required to call to cancel?

TIA!

I rang first but was told they can't take phone cancellations. You need to send an e-mail to:
disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com
with the booking ref. no. and "Please cancel" in the Subject line. Give the reasons for cancellation in the body of the e-mail.
I and a friend did this in the last few weeks and the response was (by Covid standards) very fast and efficient.

'Failure to send' sounds like a problem at your end or possibly an invalid address - as opposed to 'Failure to deliver'.

That's the usual email I've sent cancellations to in the past.

This is the message I've got:

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 37 minute(s):

* disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com

Reason: This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-5-imp.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Cancelling Holiday", has not yet been delivered to disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com.

The messages has yet to be delivered due to the following error:??

Socket error: Connection error

Trying for a third time so hopefully it's the charm!

Sounds like something blocking it.
I'd leave it a day or two and/or try sending it a different way - if this was from a home PC try sending from a phone using the data network (3G/4G).

E-mail can be weird - there's one company I can only communicate with using gmail; anything sent to my normal accounts through my hosting company just disappears, and not even into the spam folders. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!