TS credits at CS places?

CleveRocks

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper
IF I do the Dining Plan, will I be able to use TS credits at CS outlets? I know all the reasons not to, but I'm curious about this.

We're not much of a TS family at WDW. We'll be staying 5 nights, so will have 20 TS credits (me, wife, 6 year old and 4 year old). We're doing a CRT breakfast (8 TS credits) and a Chef Mickey's dinner (4 TS) and MAYBE a 50s Prime Time dinner (4 TS). That'll leave us with 4 EXTRA TS credits that I am absolutely sure we won't use (and in all likelihood we won't end up at 50s Prime Time, either). SO, do any of you know FOR SURE if I can use TS credits at CS places?

THANKS SO MUCH! :thanks:

Yes, you can trade 1TS for 2CS. I am positive of this... we were there a few weeks ago and I made sure. You can always go to the front desk of your resort if you have any problems and they'll fix it as well. They only charged us 5TS instead of 6 for CRT...but he left it and didn't care :) so that was cool! good luck and enjoy your trip!

lindakmonty said:
Yes, you can trade 1TS for 2CS. I am positive of this... we were there a few weeks ago and I made sure. You can always go to the front desk of your resort if you have any problems and they'll fix it as well. They only charged us 5TS instead of 6 for CRT...but he left it and didn't care :) so that was cool! good luck and enjoy your trip!

Wow! They must have recently changed this because when we were there last October, we could use TS for CS but it was 1TS for 1CS.

My TA checked on this while she was on the phone to Disney and they said that it was NOT allowed. Somehow, I think that we will be able to trade down while we are there. We may not want to take the time away from the rides to eat TS every day.

Okay, we NEED a tie-breaker here. It's tied, one to one to one. Three posts, three different sets of "facts."

So why don't I just call Disney to ask them? Because I've found that you generally get more accurate info here than you do from Disney CMs. Just today, on the transportation forum (where I usually hang), I saw a post from someone who was given just completely incorrect info about Disney's Magical Express, but a few of us told the OP the real facts, not what the uninformed CM told her.

Someone wanna break this deadlock please??? :goodvibes :confused3 :badpc:

You can also trade 2 CS credits for 1 TS credit.

JUST KIDDING.

Bumping in case anyone "new" reads this thread and KNOWS the answer to my original question. THANKS!

CleveRocks said:
Bumping in case anyone "new" reads this thread and KNOWS the answer to my original question. THANKS!

MANY posters have been able to use (waste?) TS credits to purchase CS meals. You have to have used up all your CS credits first. Most of the posters seem to have done this the last day. Any sooner and the CM might be afraid you'd want to reverse it later.

The 2 for 1 is new to me. You can do a search, most (all?) of the posters did this at their resort food court. I'm not sure it will work at the parks.
You might consider a place like Beaches and Cream or EPSN to use some of your TS credits.

Unless you're going during free dining you might want to re-think purchasing the dining plan.

We stayed at BWV and had 1 TS left on the last day.....

I asked the desk supervisor (lady with the blue suit on) if we could trade down.

She first said NO but then said that maybe some place like spoodles pizza window might be able to. But it was a 1 to 1 trade and that other places couldn't do it because of the accounting system.

We went to the spoodles window (since there wasn't time to try anything else) and at first it wouldn't go through, then we had to wait almost 15 minutes for a manager to come out and override.

Not worth the time to even try to do this.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter