TSA precheck at MCO

disney144

Mouseketeer
We both have TSA precheck. How long does security typically take at MCO? We’re planning on Uber-Ing for our 7am flight. We carry on and are trying to figure out what time to leave.

We both have TSA precheck. How long does security typically take at MCO? We’re planning on Uber-Ing for our 7am flight. We carry on and are trying to figure out what time to leave.

Pre-check at MCO has never taken me longer than 15 minutes, if that. The line can fluctuate a bit, but I’ve never found it bad at all. Note my last flight there was October, before the recent extra TSA scrutiny. Hoping the recent changes haven’t screwed what is otherwise a pretty trusty Pre-Check experience! :-)

Took us approximately 5 minutes earlier this month (after the new rules went into effect). Our flight was around 12pm.

I've never waited more than 5 minutes using Pre-Check at MCO.

Thanks for the info. We’re thinking of leaving at 5am for a 7am flight. TSA precheck and carry on. Is that overkill? Is it challenging to get an Uber at 5?

Thanks for the info. We’re thinking of leaving at 5am for a 7am flight. TSA precheck and carry on. Is that overkill? Is it challenging to get an Uber at 5?
That might be tight. Depending on what day you are flying you could have no wait at all for TSA or you could have ~20 minutes. As far as getting Uber at 5 am, it could take 5 minutes or 15 minutes. The drive to the airport once you are underway is about 30 minutes.

I have PreCheck and always arrive at the airport 2 hours prior to the flight. Gives me plenty of time to have breakfast, lunch, dinner or a beer (depending on time of day) after security. Gotta remember, flights start the boarding the process 30 minutes before departure time. I'm a carry on only type of guy.

For me, this would be fine.

You shouldn’t have too much trouble getting an Uber but I would suggest you initiate the call about 10 minutes earlier than you want to leave just to be safe.

For me, this would be fine.

You shouldn’t have too much trouble getting an Uber but I would suggest you initiate the call about 10 minutes earlier than you want to leave just to be safe.
Thanks for the recommendation. We were in Oahu recently and it was impossible to get an Uber on the north shore at 6am. We tried for about an hour and eventually gave up.

Pre-check in my estimation has taken anywhere from 5-15 minutes (just to get through security). Longer than that would be unusual. I'd plan for longer lines during holidays.

On Sat Nov. 11 we had a 1 pm flight with pre check and we sailed through, not even 10 minutes.

Bill From PA

That is my standard time frame with TSA Precheck and no bag to check at MCO.
No help about Uber at 5 AM. I always book evening flights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter