Tutto Gusto - no longer a relaxing adult wine bar

I hate this kind of post. I take my kids to restaurants. I pray they will behave. <snip responsible parenting tips> But I am sick of hearing how awful it is to share dining space with children.

It's not awful to share dining space with children - it's awful to share space (anywhere) with poorly behaved people. Doesn't matter what age they are.

And sadly, this behavior isn't new. MANY years ago, DH & I spent a less than magical time at Narcoosee's, attempting to eat an anniversary dinner.
It was a bit difficult, with the younger members from a table down the way crawling around under our table, while the table across from us carried on an arguement that had clearly been in progress for some time.

Last year we went to Disney Springs for a late dinner at Morimoto Asia. We were seated a little before 9pm. It was Dh and I and my parents. They sat us at a table beside a family from, I believe, Japan. It was mom, dad, grandfather, little girl of about 9ish and a toddler boy around 2 years old. Shortly after we were seated, the boy stood on his chair and began SCREAMING bloody murder (directly in my mother's ear) for about 15 minutes. During his crying, shrieking, red faced tantrum, his entire family ignored him. The mother stared mutely, unmoving, at her plate. The father fiddled with his cell phone. The grandfather ate slowly while staring icily at his soup. Nobody at the table so much as made eye contact with anyone else or spoke to anyone. My family was pretty much at their wits end and ready to bail on the restaurant. My mother shot looks over at the table. Nothing. It wasn't until my father turned in his chair and was about to open his mouth when the grandfather saw my dad, hissed something in Japanese at his adult son who in turn snapped at his wife who in turn leaped out of her seat, scooped up the baby and high tailed it out of the restaurant. They were gone for about 15-20 blissfully silent minutes, and when they returned the child was happy, quiet and had an ipad. And not another word was spoken at their table for the duration of their meal.

While I wish there were more adult only venues, I realize this is not practical for WDW. I appreciate those who are understanding about children with ASD. I had (have?) one of those, now an adult. My twice yearly restaurant trips were mostly an excercize in dread and fear for me as I chased DS out from under another table and removed him to the car for a while.

I definitely believe that some sort of code of conduct could be expected and enforced at WDW venues, particularly bar/lounge areas. I don't think this would be any kind of infringement. Fortunately, my horror stories of uncontrolled children do not involve WDW. Unfortunately, they do involve an overnight flight from Rome to Chicago and OMG, I wanted to cry.

I think more adult-only venues is the answer versus trying to police kids, which will just end up with a lot of angry people.

Have more adult-only restaurants, bars for sure. Heck build an adult-only resort while they are at it! I think it would be a huge hit.

We have kids at home right now, but my husband and I would love that for the future.

My husband and I were at Tutto Gusto last night. Seated on a comfy sofa sipping very expensive wine and enjoying a platter of Italian snacks.

Unfortunately we were right smack in between two families with screeching children. Not crying, not yelling, screeching. Parents completely ignoring them at best, encouraging the behavior at worst.

Two of the children were using the bar as a playground running back and forth in the path of servers. Again parents happily eating desert.

I did stop and speak to the manager about how unacceptable that behavior is in a bar. The atmosphere in tutto gusto is clearly adult. How anyone could bring children in and let them disrupt everyone else is selfish and entitled.

I have absolutely no issue with kids in any Disney venue. I am ok with crying (as long as the parents make an attempt to address), but this went above and beyond a fussy child.

The wine bar has a kids menu. So, I would expect kids on the premises. But I'd also expect parents to control their kids, and failing that, I'd expect Disney to step in. We've been to almost all of bars on the premises (many with my young child) - I've seen a fair amount of bad behavior (most from adults), and Disney tends to not react to it unless they absolutely have to.

Our one and only Jiko experience was not enjoyable due because of the children sitting next to us. The family was done with dinner when we sat down. They stayed for an additional 1 1/2 hours...I assume to visit....while their kids played youtube vidoes (volume HIGH) and played games on the ipads (again volume HIGH). Parents are responsible for the behavior of their children, even on vacation!

I am not one who likes children in bars...don't flame me:sad2:, I have kids. But a bar is an area for adults to enjoy themselves (yes, I know drunk adults are louder than kids) without watching what they say around children, or having to tolerate noise children. With that said, I have frequented bars in Disney and have never encountered behavior as described by OP. Completely unacceptable.

I agree with what you are saying. When you decide to have kids you also make the decision to give up certain adult only things. That just comes with the territory and responsibilities of raising children. A bar is not a place you take a child, a bar is an adult activity. Parents want the best of both worlds and responsible people understand the "restrictions" when you have kids those who arn't responsible don't understand this simple concept.

I agree with what you are saying. When you decide to have kids you also make the decision to give up certain adult only things. That just comes with the territory and responsibilities of raising children. A bar is not a place you take a child, a bar is an adult activity. Parents want the best of both worlds and responsible people understand the "restrictions" when you have kids those who arn't responsible don't understand this simple concept.

This particular bar has a children's menu. Kids are welcome there. But yeah, if you chose to bring your kid into a place that merely welcomes children, but is not geared for them, you should be extra vigilitant in ensuring that your kids don't act like little terrors.

The wine bar has a kids menu. So, I would expect kids on the premises. But I'd also expect parents to control their kids, and failing that, I'd expect Disney to step in. We've been to almost all of bars on the premises (many with my young child) - I've seen a fair amount of bad behavior (most from adults), and Disney tends to not react to it unless they absolutely have to.
The wine bar does not have a children's menu. Sometimes the menu from Tutto Italia is available in the wine bar. That menu, like all table restaurants, has a children's menu.

The behavior of parents of these children that evening was deplorable. They grossly took advantage of how passive aggressive Disney is and showed total disregard for every single diner and cast member. There is no justification for how they acted.

Karma is great. I'm sure someday and somehow they will be repaid.

The wine bar does not have a children's menu. Sometimes the menu from Tutto Italia is available in the wine bar. That menu, like all table restaurants, has a children's menu.

The behavior of parents of these children that evening was deplorable. They grossly took advantage of how passive aggressive Disney is and showed total disregard for every single diner and cast member. There is no justification for how they acted.

Karma doesn’t work that way.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine to see people still think that karma means “what goes around comes around.” It doesn’t.

It's not awful to share dining space with children - it's awful to share space (anywhere) with poorly behaved people. Doesn't matter what age they are. And sadly, this behavior isn't new. MANY years ago, DH & I spent a less than magical time at Narcoosee's, attempting to eat an anniversary dinner.
It was a bit difficult, with the younger members from a table down the way crawling around under our table, while the table across from us carried on an arguement that had clearly been in progress for some time.

If other people's children invade our space at dinner, I don't hesitate to firmly tell them to go back to their table. There is simply no excuse for parents allowing their kids to bother other people like this. This happened to us at Coral Seas when we were given a table by the glass. Two kids kept running down to see the fish. If they were quiet, we wouldn't have said anything but they kept pushing and yelling at each other to see who could get closer. They kept holding on to my chair and inadvertently pulled my long hair a couple of times. When we said something to them, they left our table but we noticed them bothering other people when we went to leave.

I really wish Disney would empower its staff to address bad behavior by guests or their kids and to remove them from the premises if they refuse to change their ways. I also think that there should be more facilities that are adult only spaces. Where virtually everything in the parks is centered around kids, some of us whose kids are now grown would really appreciate some places to enjoy a nice meal or a drink in a lounge without kids.

They gave us a kid's menu when we went two years ago. I suppose it could have been from the restaurant, but I recall it had the wine bar's name on it.

Last edited:
If other people's children invade our space at dinner, I don't hesitate to firmly tell them to go back to their table. There is simply no excuse for parents allowing their kids to bother other people like this. This happened to us at Coral Seas when we were given a table by the glass. Two kids kept running down to see the fish. If they were quiet, we wouldn't have said anything but they kept pushing and yelling at each other to see who could get closer. They kept holding on to my chair and inadvertently pulled my long hair a couple of times. When we said something to them, they left our table but we noticed them bothering other people when we went to leave.
yes, if my kids managed to make it all the way to someone else's table and bother them before I noticed / reached them, I would fully expect them to be firmly told to go away. I would also then feel really embarrassed and guilty and would come and apologise myself.

Well, I guess we all could accidentally trip the little demons while they run by, or drop a F bomb or two, or start hacking like we have TB to make the parents remove them from our personal space, or when it’s disturbing the whole bar, group together to form an intervention mob for the parents.
Kidding.....maybe.....

By the same token, you could say Karma doesn't like uncompassionate grouches and will keep placing them in areas with young children. lol. Seriously, I'm with the other poster, Karma doesn't work that way.

By the same token, you could say Karma doesn't like uncompassionate grouches and will keep placing them in areas with young children. lol. Seriously, I'm with the other poster, Karma doesn't work that way.
You are seriously calling ME uncompasdionate. That is crossing a line. You have no idea the kind of person I am or what I have going on.

On the other hand it was clear my the fact they were ignoring and encouraging the behavior of their children they these adults were entitled and selfish.

The crowd that believes if an adult dare question the disruptive behavior of children must be mean grouches is getting old.

I am out. I do not need this

Last edited:
I would be highly annoyed too, no matter if it was a bar or Chef Mickey's.
But to suggest Disney in any official manner, is going to step in and say something or in any way interfere with a parent and a child, short of a child being harmed physically, is just never going to happen.
Unfortunately, nothing is going to ever be done about bad or inconsiderate parents. Thankfully there aren't as many of those as there are considerate parents.
There has been one time I’ve seen a cast member tell parents that their children were disturbing other diners! Kind of an extreme situation though - it was at Narcoossee’s and their daughter (who looked around 4 or 5) was literally crawling around under our table. The parents told the waiter there was nothing they (the parents) could definitely. My mind was blown.

I completely agree that the behavior is totally inappropriate. I’m the mom of 2 young kids who are very well behaved in restaurants but have their moments as all kids do. We would never allow them to misbehave in a restaurant or ignore their behavior. So wrong. I can’t believe they were just letting them run around and play and scream.

I do find this thread’s title very misleading though. Just because you had a run-in with entitled parents and unruly children in one instance doesn’t mean Tutto Gusto is not a relaxing adult wine bar anymore. It wasn’t at the day/time you were there. It hasn’t turned into a daycare or something. My sister and BIL had a lovely time there in Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter