Two offers on two different contracts at the same time?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Can you place different offers at the same time on different contracts? What if you were to land both? Can you just pick which one you like the best?

That's what I thought, but how in the world do they know who a person even is when they just put in a name and a email address? Or does it have to be an official offer?
Could you get away with cancelling one? Sure, but that’s not the point. If it’s a Florida contract, you have 10 days to cancel without penalty.

But, it would be very crummy behavior to do so.

There is an expectation in contract law that you’ll operate in good faith. Agreeing to two contracts knowing that you might have to cancel one is bad faith.

I’m all for skirting rules where possibly. Leading someone on about their finances isn’t one of those places. It’d be cruel and cold to no real purpose.

Oh I wouldn't do it if it's a formal at all, no way. I just didn't know if me putting a name and email address down on a online inquiry is a formal and legal offer? If so, that's is absolutely fine.

Some people will make an offer with a deadline. For example, "Offer good until mo/dd/yyyy". That way you are free to move on in good conscience if the seller isn't responding in a timely manner.

I am just going to leave well enough alone with the one offer I made today. I sent an email to the Time Share Store showing interest in one of their contracts, but I was honest and told them that I made an offer on one today with Fidelity and wanted to see how that went before I would proceed further. This is something I hadn't thought of before. What if you see two contracts you like, how can you or actually can you legally inquire about both at the same time?

I am just going to leave well enough alone with the one offer I made today. I sent an email to the Time Share Store showing interest in one of their contracts, but I was honest and told them that I made an offer on one today with Fidelity and wanted to see how that went before I would proceed further. This is something I hadn't thought of before. What if you see two contracts you like, how can you or actually can you legally inquire about both at the same time?

It's actually more ethical than illegal because there is the right to cancel within 10 days and that's from signing the contract. However when you make an offer an owner will be considering it as a legitimate offer. It just isn't fair to them. If there were a couple of contracts I liked I selected one. If we didn't come to terms I moved to another. If I made two offers I'd be expecting to perform on both of them if accepted.

Add a time component to your offers - say it'll be good for 2 days so you can move on if you'd like. Fidelity tends to move quickly though.

You can back out of a verbally accepted offer, you didn't sign anything. I actually made 2 or 3 offers and only one accepted, so no harm done. One of the sellers did change their mind a few days later, but I had already accepted (and signed) the other offer. Once you sign at that point I would say its binding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter