• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two rooms-need two ent. cards?

JenLovesPooh

Earning My Ears
I was able to switch my AP rate to entertainment rate for two rooms at RPR later this month. The reservationist said to show our two entertainment cards at check in. Is this new? I booked two room last year with the entertainment rate and had one card, but they never even asked to see it. Right now I have one entertainment card, do I really need the second one? I'm not sure if I have time to order a second book, I leave on Aug. 18th.
Any advice or experience with this?

I was told by Universal that I definitely would need 2 cards if I had two rooms. One card per room. I asked if that was true even if there were just children from the same family in the second room. The reservationist said very firmly, that YES, I absolutely would need a card for every room I booked. Now whether they actually ask for the cards upon checkin seems to be hit or miss according to the posters on this board.

The Entertainment books ship very quickly via overnight mail. I had mine within a couple of days after ordering. You probably have time to get it if you order very quickly, but I would call to make sure.

-Michele

Dear Jenlovespooh, I live in LeRoy, have 2 entertainment cards and would be happy to lend you one for your trip. Let me know and I'll mail it to you ASAP or you can pick it up. Glad to help.

Travelwoman - I very much appreciate your offer to let me borrow an ent. card, but I went ahead and ordered the 2004 edition of the Orlando book for $20 yesterday. I got free shipping so it wasn't so bad a deal. Thank you for your thoughfulness, if I wasn't so pressed for time I would have gladly taken you up on your offer.

On our trip in 2001, we booked 3 rooms ent rate and never had to show a card at all.

It is possible that you won't be asked, but you certainly don't want to take a chance. I have stayed at PBH, HRH and RPR and was not asked at PBH or HRH, but I was asked recently at RPR to show the card. If they ask you for the card and you don't have it, you could be charged rack rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter