Type Two Diabetic, insulin dependant

JeannieMarie

Earning My Ears
Okay, just as the title says, I have type 2 diabetes and am on two different insulins. I am wondering what would be good for me in the restaurants. We have two fast serves (counter I believe) and two snack credits. Any suggestions? Please and thanks for any help.

Lots of choices with the QS dining plan and you will definitely be able to find something healthy if that is what you are looking for. Ther are menus for all the quick service restaurants on wdw official website so that will give you an idea of what to expect.

I know this is not what you asked but I wanted to mention that I am a type 1 Insulin dependant diabetic and I have noticed that due to the heat and excessive walking in DW, that I have to either 1) reduce my insulin or 2) eat more carbs than I normally do. I'll let you guess which one I choose. :-)

What kind of food plan do you follow at home? Do you try to eat low carb or do you eat the carbs and then compensate with insulin? Restaurant recommendations would be very different depending on your preferred approach.

As the PP mentioned, the food and activity level at WDW will likely be very different than you are used to so be prepared to test more often.

You probably need to research the menus yourself. I'm sure you monitor what you eat at home.

A lot of CS places offer some kind of veggie as an option instead of fries or such. If not directly, ask if you can sub in a kids' side. Plenty of savory snacks out there too - see the sticky at the top of this forum - so you can keep the excess sugar low. As noted above, if you need to up your carbs a little, you won't be lacking, otherwise you may leave parts of meals (starches, mostly) behind.

Try this for a complete list of menus

http://allears.net/dining/menu

I'm also diabetic and I find the listing of ingredients with each menu item to be very helpful. Lots of choices! Just about everywhere will have a sugar free dessert option... if you don't see it, be sure to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!