Typical Disney nouns - help!

valval

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! I've been part of this amazing forum for some time now and for once, I don't need help with the planning of my next WDW Trip (April, fingers crossed!) but for something a little different. I'm Italian and I'm trying to collect typical WDW nouns that don't exist in the "real" world, in the attempt to explain them to other Italians that might not know a lot of English. I was wondering if this amazing community would help out with my list!

Words I already collected:

My Disney Experience

Magic Band

Extra Magic Hours

Magical Express

Could you think of some more? Help appreciated!

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo.

Example in a sentence: You look like Cinderella... before bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!

Not just nouns but acronyms as well. There is a thread here somewhere that gives common refrences and acronyms for WDW. The search should work.

"Disney Bubble"(all things on property)
"Mousekeeping" instead of housekeeping or custodial service.
"Rope Drop" Park opening

The Star Wars section of Disney's Hollywood Studios is called Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. That often becomes SWGE or SW:GE. The rides there are Millenum Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which often are abbreviated. Oga's Cantina is referred to as just Oga's. You can't just wait in line to go on Rise of the Resistance, you need to use the app to try to get a Boarding Group.

The newest ride (not Star Wars) at Hollywood Studios is Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway which is referred to as MMRR.

The overhead transportation between some hotels and some parks is the Skyliner but people sometimes refer to it as the gondolas.

Then there's the monorail (overhead train) which goes between some hotels and some parks.

If you want to get to the Magic Kingdom and you are not taking a bus from a Disney hotel, you have to park your car at the Transportation & Ticket Center. To get from there to the Magic Kingdom, you take the monorail, or the ferryboat, which is sometimes referred to as the ferry.

The "Friendship Boats" normally go between Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and the nearby hotels (Swan/Dolphin, Yacht Club/Beach Club, and Boardwalk). But those boats have not been running since the COVID pandemic started. It's confusing because there also are "Friendship Boats" that go from one part of Epcot to another part of Epcot, and I believe those boats have been running since the COVID pandemic started. So if people hear that the Friendship Boats are running, they assume it's all of the boats, which is not correct.

Restaurants with waiters/waitresses are "table service." Restaurants without waiters/waitresses are "counter service" or "quick service" and most of them require you to "mobile order" your food ahead of time on the Disney World app.

I would also recommend searching for a map and having them familiarize themselves with it and asking any questions before they go. For example, they might ask what is a "Frontierland?"
I hope my points below aren't too redundant, but perhaps here are some general categories to brief them on which should influence some ideas for your word list:
--Character names
--American social etiquette (we like space, less PDA)
--Typical American cuisine
--Money/Currency. Tax is not included in listed price.

I hope I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence. I just know this is what I'd like to know before going. Thank you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!