U.K. Annual Passholders

Welsh_Dragon

Y Ddraig Goch
Hi, have you received any correspondence from WDW about your AP options? Ours have been automatically extended to 30 December and later 30 January, but we have received no correspondence whatsoever from WDW. I have a (final attempt 😂) trip booked for October 2020, but if that is cancelled, I very much doubt that we will visit before the APs expire.
I have read on the board about NYers and other out of state US AP holders being offered deferred AP options, but wondered whether any U.K. AP holders have been offered this.

The only option I saw was for a refund of the unused part of the pass from 11 July to pass expiry, which I arranged today. I have found correspondence about annual passes to be exceptionally poor.

So UK passholders rarely get any communication from the US annoyingly.

The current options are:
  • Cancel and get a refund for the time period from 11th July to your current expiry date
  • Accept the current extension and get another month extension in October
These only came in in July. Prior to that you could get a refund only for the 117 days the park was closed. I phoned at 12pm UK time two weeks ago and asked for the refund. Got through fairly quickly phoning at that time as this is when the US office opens and it has to be done with them. We do have all the same options as the US its just we don't get told about them or get the email that allows you to do it without calling.

So UK passholders rarely get any communication from the US annoyingly.

The current options are:
  • Cancel and get a refund for the time period from 11th July to your current expiry date
  • Accept the current extension and get another month extension in October
These only came in in July. Prior to that you could get a refund only for the 117 days the park was closed. I phoned at 12pm UK time two weeks ago and asked for the refund. Got through fairly quickly phoning at that time as this is when the US office opens and it has to be done with them. We do have all the same options as the US its just we don't get told about them or get the email that allows you to do it without calling.
This is helpful. Which telephone number did you use?

So I used two as didn't want to pay US rates - 03301173872 and then 0014079397277 - this charges at local rate in case it takes awhile. Sorry didn't spot your reply til just now and its gone 12 but you could try and see what wait times like and if not ring back tomorrow.

Oh and should say you need to make the decision and action by 11th August or the offer ends - no idea if a new one will come out or not but that's what the email said (I found it online). You also can't change your mind but your pass will still be valid til end August.

So I used two as didn't want to pay US rates - 03301173872 and then 0014079397277 - this charges at local rate in case it takes awhile. Sorry didn't spot your reply til just now and its gone 12 but you could try and see what wait times like and if not ring back tomorrow.

Oh and should say you need to make the decision and action by 11th August or the offer ends - no idea if a new one will come out or not but that's what the email said (I found it online). You also can't change your mind but your pass will still be valid til end August.
Thank you.

Our refunds are in a mess, originally when they closed they said you could have a refund for the closed period, so I called and asked for that on both passes. One pass got the refund the other didn't.
Then the new thing came out about cancelling completely So I called to get that done, I have received 2 emails to say it will be done sometime in September, but am still missing one partial refund.

I tried emailing but they refused to help me, I think they are working from home and do not have access to finance systems so I will have to call again, last time that took ages Grr

Our refunds are in a mess, originally when they closed they said you could have a refund for the closed period, so I called and asked for that on both passes. One pass got the refund the other didn't.
Then the new thing came out about cancelling completely So I called to get that done, I have received 2 emails to say it will be done sometime in September, but am still missing one partial refund.

I tried emailing but they refused to help me, I think they are working from home and do not have access to finance systems so I will have to call again, last time that took ages Grr

I wonder if the second refund will fix the first problem anyway as in if the refund hadn't been processed on the second pass then this will process type thing but its such a shambals that its definitely worth checking! Try ringing at 12pm UK time as I got through quickly last time which made things less painful (well 20 min wait but I heard of people waiting 4 hours!)

The logical part of my brain says cancel the APs and request a refund, as there is probably less than a 50% chance of my October trip going ahead, but.... well you know how it is. I have offered to buy new APs, the thought process being that I could then cancel the existing APs, hold the APRs and just not activate the new APs if October’s trip does not go ahead, but apparently they are not selling APs at the moment. Tickets for my trip would cost more than an AP and ofcourse I would lose the ability to use TiW and the AP discounts.
I am mightily peeved that we are not receiving any correspondence about APs.

Not sure if it helps but there are multiple reports that booking reservations with APs is a lot harder than booking other ticket types and there is a lot less availability so just because you have an AP you may want to see if you could actually book for the dates you are looking at anyway. Also you can only book 3 days at a time i.e. you can't book a 4th day until you've used your first booked day which might influence you decision. Its a tough one I feel and the deadline of the 11th doesn't help really.

Not sure if it helps but there are multiple reports that booking reservations with APs is a lot harder than booking other ticket types and there is a lot less availability so just because you have an AP you may want to see if you could actually book for the dates you are looking at anyway. Also you can only book 3 days at a time i.e. you can't book a 4th day until you've used your first booked day which might influence you decision. Its a tough one I feel and the deadline of the 11th doesn't help really.
I have a WDW resort booking which allowed me to book APRs for the entire length of the resort stay ( plus 3 days, if I want to).

ah yes! Forgot that!
It’s a real pickle! I don’t understand why 11 August has been chosen. What’s the relevance of that date? I wonder if on 12 August they will start reselling APs with an ‘enforced’ no refund or extension policy.

It’s a real pickle! I don’t understand why 11 August has been chosen. What’s the relevance of that date? I wonder if on 12 August they will start reselling APs with an ‘enforced’ no refund or extension policy.

My thought process was it was a month after the parks reopened and they couldn't work out how to cancel from the date they reopened as some people might have already been to the parks due to the option coming out after the parks had opened type thing. Who knows though. I think their IT system is very bad from the sounds of it.

I have exactly the same issue have my dvc booked now for oct (imy flights have been cancelled 3 times already) and to use my AP but obviously we do not know if the october flight will go ahead?? So i cannot cancel my ap tomorrow as if i do i will not be able to purchase another ticket or i could purchase a usa 7 day ticket which is max you can purchase but would end up costing around £400 each?? which is less than i would get back on the refund of the ap?
I have emailed them and requested a manager call me regarding this as they do not seem to understand what i am saying also tweeted numerous disney accounts and nothing!!

The way they are treating uk ap holders and dvc members is diabollical!!

I have exactly the same issue have my dvc booked now for oct (imy flights have been cancelled 3 times already) and to use my AP but obviously we do not know if the october flight will go ahead?? So i cannot cancel my ap tomorrow as if i do i will not be able to purchase another ticket or i could purchase a usa 7 day ticket which is max you can purchase but would end up costing around £400 each?? which is less than i would get back on the refund of the ap?
I have emailed them and requested a manager call me regarding this as they do not seem to understand what i am saying also tweeted numerous disney accounts and nothing!!

The way they are treating uk ap holders and dvc members is diabollical!!
It is appalling. I have been waiting for someone to telephone me since 10 July. I am going to cancel my AP if I hear nothing today, attach a 7 day ticket to my October RO reservation to make it a package, reduce the reservation from 14 to 7 nights and spend extra nights at UOR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts