Uh-oa, I've Turned Into A Disney Snob! updated 12/5

Ew, that's rough when things don't go as planned and you get no sleep. Eck. At least, you ended up having enough down time to really catch up on it and of course, Disney! NO sleep necessary.

You talking about your CP in relation to Wilderness Lodge gives me ALL THE FEELS. I've never stayed there but I used to spend a few days off prior to going to MK there. I miss it so, what a lovely place.

YAS to CoP! You taught your friend well. And bless the fact you put your foot down about Stitch. #stillbittertheycouldgetridofthegreatmovieridebutNOTstitchugh

Your lunch at BoG sounds SOOOOOO delicious. I love French Onion Soup, but never got to have it at BoG. DEF need to go back. And your photos out and around Fantasyland are making me miss my home so so much. *sigh*

OOOOOO 10 Days!?!??! How fun! And so awesome you got an AP! You really were living large this trip! Can't wait to hear about it!
Living large! Apparently if you don't take spontaneous trips you can actually save money to go big.

So glad found this! I love a good Sam trip report!
Yes! Welcome back. (I didn't forget that we need to start planning our Disney China trip :thumbsup2)

This is always my post-packing motto and then time passes and we go back and I still pack the night before :sad2:
I feel as though it just snuck up on me

Joining in!
Welcome!

Packing...not my favorite!! :rolleyes1

Joining in!! Love your reports!! :flower1:
Welcome. Thanks for joining in again!

Ew, that's rough when things don't go as planned and you get no sleep. Eck. At least, you ended up having enough down time to really catch up on it and of course, Disney! NO sleep necessary.

You talking about your CP in relation to Wilderness Lodge gives me ALL THE FEELS. I've never stayed there but I used to spend a few days off prior to going to MK there. I miss it so, what a lovely place.

YAS to CoP! You taught your friend well. And bless the fact you put your foot down about Stitch. #stillbittertheycouldgetridofthegreatmovieridebutNOTstitchugh

Your lunch at BoG sounds SOOOOOO delicious. I love French Onion Soup, but never got to have it at BoG. DEF need to go back. And your photos out and around Fantasyland are making me miss my home so so much. *sigh*
Little Disney things make me feel all the feels about my program and it was already 3 years ago.
The only thing stitch is good for is the treat trail during MNSSHP

I'm Fond Of Animatronics On The Left

We walked and walked and walked not having a clue what to do or where we were heading.
The Muppets show was going on so we stopped for a hot second. Erin had never experienced the Hall of Presidents and wanted too. I had to kill her dream by telling her that it was closed because of Trump.

36925311995_e1799ecb04.jpg

36925309885_519c9e1355.jpg

Instead we backtracked towards mansion. It was a good idea since its constantly moving. But jokes on us because the line was to ridiculous for me to wait in. Sorry HM we are not in Disneyland Paris, you are not Phantom Manor, I am not waiting in the hot florida weather for you.

36117281073_21ac84bf10.jpg

36117279113_e7fa840dc9.jpg

Once again we were back at wondering the frontier. Erin suggested Country Bear Jamboree and I knew that I go to Disney with the right people. First carousel of progress and now country bears.

36017547174_455fb156a4.jpg

The show was already letting in guests and by the time we were entered it was packed! We were able to snag one of the last few seats in the back. Bring on the AC, foot stomping, hand clapping fun!
After Country Bears we had about 50 minutes until the parade and we knew we wouldn’t be able to get any attraction near by down within that time and get a good spot. So we found that wonderful spot on the curb of Country Bears and waited. What makes that spot of of the best? They rope you in from the front and the back to keep the walkway open. Meaning no one can run up once the parade starts and make there way up to the front and take up your personal space. We got these spots even before the PAC (Parade Audience Control) CMs started roping off the spots. Once they did one CM noticed my shoes and made a whole scene and was shocked that I painted my shoes…I just sat there awkwardly like I normally do.
Then the country bears came out and walked around frontierland. Hold Up!
Wendell actually terrifies me but do it for the pic! (A little bummed Big Al wasn’t out)

36712874411_4715df5b60.jpg

Then Shocker came around. His attendant saw my shoes and goes “look shocker it’s you!” As he was walking away she looked closer and goes “oh wait, thats not you” Awkward, it was actually liver lips.
After the high of all the country bear fun Erin was claiming how she needed to jump in a pool. It was humid but at least it was overcast so the sun was beating on us. I also reminded Erin that we had Splash Mountain FPs after the parade then proceeded to ask her if I could get in first when we go on. She looked at me weird and proceeded to ask why? I came up with some random excuse of “I just really like the animatronics on the left side” which her response was “You are so Disney right now, you like the animatronics on the left…” No I just don’t want to get soaked from the waterfall on the right side at the end.
Before we could get to Splash Erin ran to get a Mickey Bar to keep cool.

36455713100_683b72d5ef.jpg

Hear ye! Hear ye! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the Magic Kingdom. You are warmly invited to join Mickey Mouse and his Fantasyland friends for a magical celebration in the streets! Dreams will come true, hearts will soar, and you will become a part of the magic. For the time has come to take your places, and prepare to welcome the wondrous and wonderful Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade!

36117276493_58f29b6389.jpg

36117273773_849b81fd62.jpg

Tale as old as time,
True as it can be.

36754377392_33b1bfab0b.jpg

Barely even friends,
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly.

36754375012_3baeb1eafe.jpg

36754372742_1fa0cdaa73.jpg

A dream is a wish your heart makes,
When you’re fast asleep.

36754365362_3aa078d96b.jpg

36754367542_5bcd1cafda.jpg

For the first time in forever,
I won’t be alone!

36754370162_5ff5547be2.jpg

Next starts everything I noticed that is missing from the parade thanks to weather due conditions that could hit at any moment

See, I ain’t as cruel and vicious as I seem!
Though I do like breaking femurs,
You can count me with the dreamers.

(Only 2 maidens were out dancing today)

36754363092_8f6c1e42d4.jpg

Like everybody else,
I’ve got a dream!

36091033354_f9b64946f7.jpg

36091031454_54e413dfec.jpg

And with every passing hour,
I’m so glad I left my tower!

36091030344_6f80b4b4f5.jpg

36091028144_dfc47637e6.jpg

‘Cause way down deep inside,
I’ve got a dream!

36091026544_cc484f7df9.jpg

Hahaha, dat boy… He ain’t never gonna kiss de girl…

36091024824_c946370bfe.jpg

Sha-la-la-la-la-la, my, oh my,
Look like the boy too shy,
Ain’t gonna kiss the girl.
Sha-la-la-la-la-la, ain’t that sad?
Ain’t it a shame? Too bad,
You gonna miss the girl.

36091022834_7a738b06b3.jpg

36091021174_181eb5aace.jpg

Someday I’ll be
Part of your world!

36091019104_3aac63eea4.jpg

36754337792_af0de21eed.jpg

Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there!

36754335702_6d4f055a80.jpg

Oh, a pirate’s life is a wonderful life,
You find adventure and sport.
But live every minute
For all that is in it —
The life of a pirate is short!

36754332972_598a5c540f.jpg

Think of a wonderful thought,
Any merry little thought.

36091016324_a027d74bc2.jpg

You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

36754330002_ed2e88a1b4.jpg

Think of all the joy you’ll find,
When you leave the world behind
And bid your cares goodbye

36754324742_561e151359.jpg

36754322062_44d903b51c.jpg

continue to next post

Looks Like I'm Moving To Florida!

Beauty and majesty,
Shining magically!

36754320252_c5f619afe2.jpg

36117201583_e5af528e3c.jpg

Chase the wind, and touch the sky!

36117198693_f05a91fe4e.jpg

This is the part of the parade when I was pointing out everything that was wrong. First, no fairies and no stilts.

36117195763_ee694650ed.jpg

You’ll love me at once,
The way you did once upon a dream.

36117192703_f708c4e788.jpg

36117189063_0c5e95af17.jpg

36117184193_2dbfc03272.jpg

36117181933_740d208fd5.jpg

The Monstro float was missing in action, while all the fab 5 characters were in their regular costumes.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay.
My, oh my, what a wonderful day!

36117177633_c4abea12cc.jpg

36925229385_172c7c73ce.jpg

36925227195_7f61b52ac1.jpg

Who’s the leader of the club
That’s made for you and me?
M-I-C-K-E-Y
M-O-U-S-E!

36117179923_d225804b39.jpg

36925225205_144b455dd7.jpg

36925222495_40c9f47292.jpg

So, away we go.
It’s a Festival of Fantasy!

36925220205_c72b930525.jpg

36925218675_6e6d9e28dd.jpg

36117158893_4ab063cef0.jpg

After the parade passed and the guest parade that trailed behind passed we weaved threw the crowds to get over to Splash. We were definitely ready to get cooled off after sitting in the thick florida heat for over an hour.
Once we got into our log and on our way Erin asked me which animatronics were so special to me. I told her they are all great and I just didn’t want to sit by the waterfall. She was unimpressed.

36455786090_8647c09138.jpg

36455714370_f5fafe66d4.jpg

After Splash we had a solid 15 minutes before our Thunder FPs were good so we browsed the splash shop and took some photos.
The mountains are calling and I must go

36851958565_e8a01acb72.jpg

36455721760_1ba8470266.jpg

36681268892_32b091ebdb.jpg

One thing we knew we would love this trip is photopass. The perk of getting all photo pass photos with our AP was something we would try to take advantage of.

36093561764_a747f80bd1.jpg

Then off to thunder with the 5 minute early entrance with our FP. At this time saving time helps us a lot because we had to rush out of the kingdom once getting off. We were on a mission to make it to AK before 6 we had just about 2 hours but we wanted to stop back at Wilderness to check out our room. So we did the fast pace walk out of MK and to the boat since it was right there waiting for us. Once getting to WL we headed to baggage claim to get our bags then it was up to check out our room.
Welcome home for the next 9 nights!

36531422170_38ceca82e5.jpg

36531420480_00c8798966.jpg

36119515643_a340f16be8.jpg

The perks of Club level is the adorable chocolate we got

36531422220_54a5f78fec.jpg

We had about 15 minutes of freaking out over the room, our view and the robes. They also printed out a list of all our FPs and dinner reservations for us.
Then it was time to head over to Animal Kingdom. As we were walking to the bus stop we saw the AK bus getting ready to leave…get ready to run. The bus driver saw us and waited and I was so happy because I couldn’t wait 20 minutes for another bus.
We got to AK earlier than planned but that is fine by me. As we were walking in a dad stopped me and asked where I got my ears. Once I told him that I made them he told me how his daughter has been seeing the flower ones all around and have been waiting to buy minnie ears until they found those. I told him that they all bought them online/made them and that they wouldn’t be able to find them in the park.
Our main mission for AK was just to see Pocahontas. Everyone goes to AK for Pandora, I go for Poca. Priorities. I had specific orders to go at 6 and get in line around 5:45. So we had time to kill, gift shops are great for wasting time. It was a good that we stopped though because Erin got a bag of Mickey pretzels. While Erin was making her purchase a CM came up to me and told me I needed to meet Pocahontas because she would just love my ears. She even took the time to pull out her time sheet to tell me when Pocahontas was meeting.
With pretzels in hand we were off to get in line for Poca. They were letting in families slowly and I was hoping it was slow enough to get me in after 6. Well that wasn’t the case once we got up to the character attendant, Jose, I told him I had to wait until 6 and that the family behind us could go before us. He looked at me weird but took the group after us.
He ended up leaving and then came back and thats when we became best friends. Like any small conversation starts he asked me where I was from. He proceeded to tell me how he was from NYC originally and gave it a year with the florida heat to see if he wanted to move there for good. The conversation started getting weird from there, he proceeded to tell me “Tell your husband you are moving here” I didn’t respond at first because I wasn’t sure if I heard him properly, but he repeated himself and I just laughed. Silly Jose, I’m too young for that. But apparently to him I wasn’t because that got him on the topic of his first wife, they were 17 and ran away to his aunts house for a week. This was only the beginning of his life story he was going to tell me. From there he talked about his 2 wife and how she moved with him when he went into the army where he did engineering in Vietnam. After his long story of his love life he tell me times have changed and how I don’t need a guy just a college degree. Erin wasn’t much into talking to Jose, but I’m pretty sure I made a new best friend and it was when he told me it was my time to go.
We were the first ones to meet Poca for her last set and I ran down that hill! I haven't seen Pocahontas since Tokyo Disneyland and it was great to see my favorite native.

36927934725_e576fdd3f6.jpg

And what kind of poca fan would I be if I didn’t bring her a gift? Matching dreamcatcher minnie ears for the natives

36927936315_9e98098e51.jpg

36093789834_3a50a76082.jpg

36927937285_a3043ecc5d.jpg

It was great seeing Pocahontas but we couldn't take up all her time. After we said our goodbyes to her I had to go say goodbye to my BFF Jose. He told me if I changed my mind and wanted to move to Florida that I could move in with him. Don’t tempt me! After saying goodbye to Jose and him reminding me that his casa is always open we headed out of AK.
On our way out I texting my sister right away about Jose and she told me the sad news that he was retiring next month… She then proceeded to tell me “the attendant saw you running down the hill and he said oh my god, she is beautiful” which she just responded duh she’s native. So overall my mission to find poca was a hit because I came out with 2 new best friends!

continue to next post

Last edited:

"I'm Fond Of The Animatronics On The Left" :rotfl: I hate getting stuck by that waterfall on Splash Mountain!

Lol I have the Phantom Manor theme playing as I'm reading your update. I've never been to DLRP, but I felt the need to say "Same." to the comment on skipping HM at Disney World, although it is my love and I feel blasphemous about it.

Your friend does have such good taste in rides. YAS TO THE COUNTRY BEARS!! And that's so awesome you got to meet Wendell and Shocker while waiting for FoF. Big thumbs down to no Big Al tho. Even out and about in Frontierland, he's overlooked. So sad.

Loving all your FoF pics! That's so unfortunate due to weather many of the characters and stunts were missing. At least there's always many more times to watch it in its full dazzling brilliant glory on a 10 day trip. Also, Donald without his hat is actually the cutest thing ever. Most beautiful bald head ever.

Lol "Fond of the animatronics on the left" I'll have to use that one next time I ride Splash with a newbie. I hate that waterfall too. It's not that you really actually get soaked by it, but it's like constantly dripping and annoying. Eck.

Yay for your WL room being ready! So gorgeous and that chocolate looks too too good to eat.

Awww, your Poca pics are so sweet and I'm in love with your ears. The Dreamcatcher styling to the inner part of them is so beautiful. No wonder both you and Poca were excited to see one another. What a special gift to give her her own pair of ears. I'll be looking forward to the potential twin pics.

You're so talented! my stick figures look deformed lol.
If you ever start painting magic bands, i would be your first customer!

I always get in first on Splash Mountain too. I also try to sit in the last seat because I feel like you get the least wet there. That first seat is a killer.

I just knew when you mentioned seeing Pocahontas who you were talking about. What a nice family reunion. I hope y'all were able to hang out a lot during this trip.

Following along - love your trip reports, can't wait for more. "Two shots of Rum!"

"I'm Fond Of The Animatronics On The Left" :rotfl: I hate getting stuck by that waterfall on Splash Mountain!
Its the worst!

Lol I have the Phantom Manor theme playing as I'm reading your update. I've never been to DLRP, but I felt the need to say "Same." to the comment on skipping HM at Disney World, although it is my love and I feel blasphemous about it.

Your friend does have such good taste in rides. YAS TO THE COUNTRY BEARS!! And that's so awesome you got to meet Wendell and Shocker while waiting for FoF. Big thumbs down to no Big Al tho. Even out and about in Frontierland, he's overlooked. So sad.

Loving all your FoF pics! That's so unfortunate due to weather many of the characters and stunts were missing. At least there's always many more times to watch it in its full dazzling brilliant glory on a 10 day trip. Also, Donald without his hat is actually the cutest thing ever. Most beautiful bald head ever.

Lol "Fond of the animatronics on the left" I'll have to use that one next time I ride Splash with a newbie. I hate that waterfall too. It's not that you really actually get soaked by it, but it's like constantly dripping and annoying. Eck.

Yay for your WL room being ready! So gorgeous and that chocolate looks too too good to eat.

Awww, your Poca pics are so sweet and I'm in love with your ears. The Dreamcatcher styling to the inner part of them is so beautiful. No wonder both you and Poca were excited to see one another. What a special gift to give her her own pair of ears. I'll be looking forward to the potential twin pics.
Phantom Manor over HM any day! Once you experience it theres no going back.
Big Al is my favorite, so super bummed about that.
I mean I've seen FoF so many times that it keeps me on my toes when they make changes. I honestly thought Donald looked so weird without his hat.

You're so talented! my stick figures look deformed lol.
If you ever start painting magic bands, i would be your first customer!
I've never tried painting magic bands but maybe one day

FoF always gives me the feels!...your pics made my heart warm LOL
I LOVE FOF!!!!

I always get in first on Splash Mountain too. I also try to sit in the last seat because I feel like you get the least wet there. That first seat is a killer.

I just knew when you mentioned seeing Pocahontas who you were talking about. What a nice family reunion. I hope y'all were able to hang out a lot during this trip.
See I'm ok with the front row and getting wet from that but theres just something about that waterfall.

Following along - love your trip reports, can't wait for more. "Two shots of Rum!"
Welcome Miss Sue! Can't wait to get to our Trader Sam's night!

Reach Out And Find Your Happily Ever After

Once getting back to Wilderness lodge we had some time to kill before we had to head over to the kingdom for the fireworks. During this time we were able to grab some dinner at Old Faithful Club. We made it just in time before the ”dinner” portion ended. They were all out of kid pasta so I was kind of upset but I went with some chicken salad thing and a PBJ shooter. Erin ended up with a whole tray of breadsticks, literally she took the rest of the breadsticks they had. Mainly because the CM said “Take them we have to throw them out in 5 minutes anyways” This became a trend, go to club level 5-10 minutes before closing and grab everything before it gets thrown out.
Here’s to that classy living, robes, sparkling water, balcony and a great view.

36807743001_ca14cd574e.jpg

After our meal on the balcony it was time to get settled and unpack in our new home.
And lounge around in our robes

36807740941_19306de679.jpg

Soon the sky got dark and we heard thunder in the distance. This storm could be your normal florida storm and pass threw quickly or it could linger all night and ruin our plans for seeing the fireworks tonight. It was getting closer to firework time so we decided to gear up and head out.

36947523695_d9d87768c4.jpg

By the time we got to the kingdom the rain and turned into a light drizzle and once we found a spot of Main street the rain had stopped completely. Then it was time for the show everyone was raving about.

Happily Ever After…My Thoughts:

I didn’t think I was going to like it as much as I did. I love Wishes and was really upset that they were getting rid of it. I was raised on that firework show, I have so many memories associated with it that it was hard to let that all go.
When I first saw a video of HEA I wasn’t obsessed with it, I thought it had a lot going on with all the projections and fireworks and it didn’t have a real storyline like Wishes had. Now the Disney community can be a bit crazy, something new let me jump on the bandwagon and be “obsessed” with it. However I was going into this viewing thinking it would be a good show and just that, nothing spectacular.
Well turns out I liked it a lot more in person though I do wish there was a storyline to it and not just random Disney songs. I’m obsessed with the fact that the hunchback gets it’s own special segment. The cover of Love Is An Open Door might be my favorite.
Now the main song is super catchy and great, I downloaded it right when it was available on iTunes. However I wish Disney came up with a song that was solely meant for this show instead of taking Hong Kong Disneyland’s 10 anniversary theme song.
But in the end Disney spent the last 14 years teaching me to believe in my wishes and to never stop dreaming. And after 14 years of wishing maybe its now time to reach out and find my Happily Ever After.

And they all lived happily ever after.
Each of us have a dream, a heart’s desire, it calls to us,
and when we’re brave enough to listen, and bold enough to pursue,
that dream will lead us on a journey to discover who we’re meant to be.
All we have to do is look inside our hearts and unlock the magic within.

36551419100_31f8c9a146.jpg

Ready to begin, let the wonder take hold.
Feel it draw you in watch the moment unfold

36551417840_96039a5b59.jpg

36551416060_d481cf750c.jpg

Just one day and then I swear I'll be content
With my share, won’t resent, won’t despair, old and bent
I won't care. I’ll have spent one day out there

36551414610_ef35778066.jpg

36551412960_066913c408.jpg

36551411020_73aa4f331a.jpg

The line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me
And no one knows, how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know, how far I'll go

36551409250_5cf00b5362.jpg

*insert my heart breaking*

36551407050_220a66543d.jpg

Trust me, having a best friend by your side opens up a whole world of possibilities

36551405280_3cbbbb0379.jpg

36551402870_a64b35fd67.jpg

36551400840_f31671ff0d.jpg

36551398760_341a939452.jpg

You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say

36551397480_498dac7a03.jpg

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.

36776345042_5c3843aabb.jpg

I have often dreamed of a far off place
Where a hero's welcome would be waiting for me
Where the crowds will cheer when they see my face
And a voice keeps saying, this is where I'm meant to be

36776344282_439dce074a.jpg

And so our journey comes to an end
but yours continues on
grab hold of your dreams
and make them come true
for you are the key to unlocking your own magic
now go, let your dreams guide you

reach out and find your happily ever after

36776343422_0169964c31.jpg

36113148594_68ce72c955.jpg

36807743881_1097c193ba.jpg

After the fireworks we joined the crowd in leaving but used the bypass exit so we didn’t get stuck like sardines on Main Street. After making our way out of the kingdom we walked over to the Contemporary where our Uber…aka my sister Alicia was waiting for us in the CM parking lot to take us back to the lodge so we didn’t have to wait for a bus/boat. This was my first time seeing her since I saw her in Paris. She got on the topic of how she always shows her boyfriend, Justin, my snaps of me and Gma and how he goes “They are like best friends, aren’t they”. And thats when I was on the verge of a breakdown cause I had to tell her how our mother was texting me this morning how Gma wasn’t doing well and I felt completely helpless being so far away from her. (Side note: she is doing great!)
First thing we did once arriving to WL was have Alish show her ID so I didn’t get stuck paying full price for club level. Then it was up to the club to grab some dessert and laid around the room for a bit before we headed down to the pool.
We enjoyed the pool for a solid hour. There Erin made a new friend. She went to check her phone because our friend Emily was coming down to join us and when she jumped back in the pool mike the lifeguard called her over. She thought she was getting in trouble for jumping in, he just noticed her wicked tan lines from her lifeguarding life back home. This started a whole big conversation of him asking where home was and thats when we found out he was from the same town and actually graduated high school with Alish. Small world.
At 11 the pool closed and the 4 of us headed back up to our room. It wasn’t long until Emily was getting a call from her mom saying she was in the lobby waiting for her. So Erin and Emily headed down and not long after I was getting a text from Erin to come join the party

36140694793_c104a7284e.jpg

By the time Alish and I got down to the lobby everyone was gone. However Alicia chatted with our dance teachers about her grand marvelous life with the disney company for a good half hour while I sat in the middle of the lobby. Amelia was still in the lobby at this time so once we all decided to call it a night the 3 bodyguards, Me Erin and Alicia, walked Amelia back to the Villas side of the resort to make sure she got home safely. Then it was back to our room, Alicia headed home and we got ready for the early morning ahead of us.

continue to next post

Last edited:
Sorry HM we are not in Disneyland Paris, you are not Phantom Manor, I am not waiting in the hot florida weather for you.

We're planning on Disneyland Paris in March and Phantom Manor is definitely one of the things I'm most excited about!

During this time we were able to grab some dinner at Old Faithful Club.

Ugh. Miss CL. We were upgraded for a quick stay at the Inn Keeper's in May. I got sick and was just killing all the wonderful fancy tea and would just grab all the food every time we stepped foot in there.

I’m obsessed with the fact that the hunchback gets it’s own special segment.

I avoided fireworks spoiler like the plague and freaked out when this scene came on :love:

This started a whole big conversation of him asking where home was and thats when we found out he was from the same town and actually graduated high school with Alish. Small world.

This is so funny to me! I'm from such a small town that I recognize pretty much everyone my sisters, my cousins, and some that my mom went to school with, but what are the chances that they graduated at the same time? Small world, indeed.

Haha, that's such a crafty way to enjoy Club Level. Catch them right as they are taking all the food away. I'd have dumped the breadsticks all in to one plate too.

Your opinion of HEA is EXACTLY how I've been feeling about it. I've yet to see it in person, but it just seems all very spectacle based without a coherent storyline. There doesn't seem to be much of a big emotional attachment. I love that a lot of under-appreciated movies are represented, but it just doesn't have the gravitas Wishes had with its storyline. People are comparing it to Disneyland Forever and saying its better, but Disneyland Forever at least had a semblance of a storyline it was headed on. Also I didn't know it copied another theme song?! I don't know, HEA sounds like it might really upset me when I go see it ngl

Glad you had a fun night and got all logistical things at the WL squared away! Can't wait to hear about your next 10 days of adventures! :mickeyjum

We're planning on Disneyland Paris in March and Phantom Manor is definitely one of the things I'm most excited about!

Ugh. Miss CL. We were upgraded for a quick stay at the Inn Keeper's in May. I got sick and was just killing all the wonderful fancy tea and would just grab all the food every time we stepped foot in there.

I avoided fireworks spoiler like the plague and freaked out when this scene came on :love:

This is so funny to me! I'm from such a small town that I recognize pretty much everyone my sisters, my cousins, and some that my mom went to school with, but what are the chances that they graduated at the same time? Small world, indeed.
It will seriously not let you down! Make sure to get the back story before going on it, it will save you a lot of confusion.
CL is the best and its hard going back to a normal room because I just like getting snacks whenever I feel like it.

Haha, that's such a crafty way to enjoy Club Level. Catch them right as they are taking all the food away. I'd have dumped the breadsticks all in to one plate too.

Your opinion of HEA is EXACTLY how I've been feeling about it. I've yet to see it in person, but it just seems all very spectacle based without a coherent storyline. There doesn't seem to be much of a big emotional attachment. I love that a lot of under-appreciated movies are represented, but it just doesn't have the gravitas Wishes had with its storyline. People are comparing it to Disneyland Forever and saying its better, but Disneyland Forever at least had a semblance of a storyline it was headed on. Also I didn't know it copied another theme song?! I don't know, HEA sounds like it might really upset me when I go see it ngl

Glad you had a fun night and got all logistical things at the WL squared away! Can't wait to hear about your next 10 days of adventures! :mickeyjum
Most times we didn't even plan to go near the end it just seemed to always be a recurring theme.
I was all about not liking it at all and then I saw it 3 times this trip. its not Wishes but it is good.

Love reading your trip reports!
Thank you so much!

subbed and caught up!

gotta support a fellow snob :cool2:
Welcome! Yes to fellow snobs!

Looking forward to the next 9 days. Looks like fun so far.
9 Days of fun left!

I've Been Waiting 6 Years For This!

It was our first full day in Disney and we were waking up at the crack of dawn. Happy 6:30am! It was actually 6:15 when Erin’s alarm went off and scared the poop out of me but in her defense she made me listen to it the night before. Well once I actually started moving Erin was still snoozing away and I could either wake her up or let her sleep and go by myself. I decided to wake her up and she was unaware that her alarm went off. Today we had no time to mess around, there were morning EMHs at AK and since we weren’t able to get Flight of Passage FPs for today we had to join the crowds. We quickly made a stop at old faithful and caught a bus to AK at 7am.

36818051102_58801ae6e8.jpg

36592004110_ffe1052bd3.jpg

We arrived at AK around 7:20 making us have a lovely 40 minute wait. The crowds were out and ready to run. However I have seen worse crowds.

36801540006_6e5d86bc7e.jpg

They slowly started letting people in around 7:45ish, it was a slow process. Safe-D first. So while we inched our way to the touchpoint a family behind us was trying to make it through the crowds. Everyone was complaining telling them to wait their turn, the dad was very apologetic as he tried telling everyone that they had breakfast reservations, he made it very clear that they weren’t running to Pandora. A guest a few groups behind us was not having it and kept telling them to wait like the rest of us. Clearly she wasn’t understanding that they had reservations and when you have morning reservations you go straight to the front to the CM to let you in. I was getting very frustrated by this lady and I was more than willing to have the family go in front of me but the wife seemed to slow her pace after hearing comments from the angry guests. But overall the best thing the dad said was “Well we made it this far, lets just skip our reservations and head straight to Pandora”
We finally made it in, CMs lined up everywhere to make sure guests were walking. They decided to skip scanning bands for EMHs and were just shouting “you need to be a guest at a resort” so basically anyone could be getting in. Right before we entered Pandora there was the funniest security guard. “Stay hydrated! Let’s get our power walk on”
At this point we were just a herd walking until we got in the line for Flight of Passage. The thing about this wait was I had no clue how the line worked, I had no clue to know how close we were to getting on. What I did know was that the line we got in wasn’t even part of the normal queue. They had everyone wrapping around the bridge coming from the harambe village, through Pandora and then they let a few people in at a time to through the actually queue.

36890265251_1d672d2517.jpg

36890262471_395f6afcc9.jpg

36890258451_4f74867f5d.jpg

Once we made it into the real queue there were many CMs inside telling everyone to keep walking, so there was no time to really stop to take photos. So if you are truly interested in looking at all the details inside be prepared to wait in that 3 hour wait.

36890255581_83714bdf1f.jpg

36890252681_c51d4d1ebb.jpg

36223390773_897ca98179.jpg

36634461980_3da19d2c91.jpg

36634460330_93c01527f5.jpg

From my first time looking around Pandora I was very impressed. Honestly it was worth the 6 year wait of thinking it was never going to be completed.
The inside queue seemed never ending and I could never see waiting in that line because it was so long. Lucky for us we just kept continuously walking through.

36634459130_ae4538b102.jpg

36634455530_325be9cc83.jpg

36860021872_86813ae686.jpg

We finally made it to the end of our waiting. The CM asked the usual question of “How many?” Then they played on their iPad and told you to go to a specific room. This felt like I was part of the hunger games or something. The room we were sent to, we had to walk up a flight of stairs before entering another room where we were given a specific number.

36153402464_8a8b6c2c2a.jpg

In this chamber we were linked up with an avatar, given a little back story before we were sent into another room, given our 3D glasses, and watched yet another video. Then it was time for our flight. The only thing I knew going into this was it was like Soarin with the screen in front of you and that you could feel the banshee breathing against your legs. As you enter the actually room we were very confused as to where the screen was…that disney magic.
The attraction itself was AMAZING! And I can see where people are coming from for waiting that 2-3 hour wait. Would I ever wait in that line? Probably not since it took us 40 minutes to wait and ride it first thing in the morning. The only downfall to this ride is the glasses, they are huge and the second you look down they are falling off.
And like every great disney attraction you are sent right into a gift shop.

36989270245_89f6e83706.jpg

The popular thing to do here is get yourself a banshee, but why buy a banshee when you yourself could turn into a banshee?

37031493745_085932b401.jpg

We got through the line a lot faster than I thought we would and that left us with a good amount of time to walk around Pandora before we had to pack up and start our hike to Everest.

36860506002_177157c700.jpg

When the moss wall has already become the new fad in the Disney community and you best believe we were those basic girls joining in.

36592011600_2b3041e4d8.jpg

36818057662_8604c5845e.jpg

Then the game of “how many photo pass CMs can we find” started

36153405444_50438d3667.jpg

36989275365_6f9121d453.jpg

Our pandora filled morning came to an end because the rest of AK was waiting to be explored. But not to worry because we had a FP for the River Journey later on in the day.
Then it was off to Everest where we first used our fastpasses, then got on 2 more times in the matter of 20 minutes total. The great thing about Pandora is that the crowds head that way and the rest of the park in the morning is dead.

36860506702_9098d478e2.jpg

36890695621_555e597569.jpg

36860507422_28d94d2810.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter