UK ticket - still best deal IMHO

We paid approx $500 US per adult 14 day park hopper plus, and a free memory maker. Can’t buy a park hopper over 10 days anywhere...

If you are only going for a week, you wouldn’t pick this ticket for a week...

Inga

I just checked today. The UK Ultimate 14 day is £375 which worked out to $493.56 USD. This includes hopper, water parks and photo pass. Must be used (activated) in the year purchased. I have some Disney Math to do!

Every trip I look into these tickets as an option.

But I just can’t pull the trigger.

I’m always concerned that Disney will implement a Proof of UK citizenship rule days before we go.

Having your tickets linked in MDE isn’t a foolproof way to avoid this. Our Canadian tickets were linked and we still had to go to a ticket booth upon arrival to “activate” them. How is this UK ticket different. It isn’t advertised as a discounted ticket but it is advertised for UK residents only.

Am I the only one not willing to take the gamble because of this? It’s a lot of money to be out if the rules change. And we all know how often Disney switches things up without warning.

I’m going to keep an eye on this thread for future trips indeed.

Every trip I look into these tickets as an option.

But I just can’t pull the trigger.

I’m always concerned that Disney will implement a Proof of UK citizenship rule days before we go.

Having your tickets linked in MDE isn’t a foolproof way to avoid this. Our Canadian tickets were linked and we still had to go to a ticket booth upon arrival to “activate” them. How is this UK ticket different. It isn’t advertised as a discounted ticket but it is advertised for UK residents only.

Am I the only one not willing to take the gamble because of this? It’s a lot of money to be out if the rules change. And we all know how often Disney switches things up without warning.

I’m going to keep an eye on this thread for future trips indeed.
That's what I think too. Any way Disney can close a loophole to make more money, they will. Although I guess if you order them and that's not a requirement, if they did bring in the UK residency requirement then you might be able to slide in under the old rules? It does say exclusive to UK and Ireland - but perhaps an "Aunt" could have purchased them for you?
It's a great deal though and those of you that purchased them please give feedback after you use them.

We have had no issues, there is no residency requirement. We got hard tickets in the mail so no signs of issues. In the end it’s up to individuals as to what they want to do, what risks to take.

To each his own.

Inga

Do the tickets have a date on them anywhere? Or is there an expiry? I noticed on the site that you have to buy for a certain year. Is it only good for then?

Also, has anyone heard if these tickets will be affected by the Oct. 16 ticket changes that are coming for the regular MYW tickets?

They are to be used by Jan 15 2019 (to be used in 2018). Generally tickets purchased before a change date (like the one coming in October) are exempt from the new conditions.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter