UK Tickets for US Residents - Best Vendors

Rob Huff

Mouseketeer
I'll explain how I reached this conclusion in greater detail below, but simply put, I've concluded that my Michigan-based family should buy the 14-day ultimate ticket sold in the UK and Ireland for our upcoming 2019 WDW trip. I had previously planned on buying a 10-day park hopper from Undercover Tourist, but the UK ticket holds extra appeal.

At this point, I'm plenty comfortable that this ticket works for US residents (thanks, in part, to numerous Disboards comments in other posts), unlike Canada- or Florida-specific tickets. I'm solid here.

My question: are there particular vendors of these tickets that should be (i) sought out, or (ii) avoided? Have you used any yourself? If so, how was the experience? It appears as though American Attractions has the best prices and appears to be an authorized ticket seller. Does anybody have experience with them? Any and all comments appreciated!

(In case you're wondering whey the 14-day ticket jumped out, there are a few reasons. First, we're doing a Thursday-to-the-next-next-Tuesday trip. We planned to go to the parks on 10 of the 11 days in between our travel dates, knowing that something close to a full day will be spent outside the parks with family. The 14-day ticket makes all 13 days accessible. Second, we considered purchasing Memory Maker separately, but didn't want to pop for the almost $200 expense -- Memory Maker is included in the UK ticket. Third, the water parks being included in UK ticket is a great bonus for our kids who are just old enough to take advantage of them. Fourth, the UK ticket costs only an extra $90 compared to the 10-day ticket whereas the jump from the 10-day ticket to annual passes for our family would be nearly $1,300.)

Because UK tickets are discussed on the UK Board, will move you as the experts there can assist you.

I bought my tickets for our upcoming trip from Disney (UK) site. Have never used American Attractions but have used Flordatix and Attraction Tickets Direct without a problem.

We also usually buy tickets from the Disney (UK) site and have also used Attractions Tickets Direct several times in the past who have been good enough to price match if we find a better deal elsewhere.

Mrs TT

I bought my tickets for our upcoming trip from Disney (UK) site. Have never used American Attractions but have used Flordatix and Attraction Tickets Direct without a problem.

Thanks for this input. How were you able to have a Floridatix order ship to you in the States? When I've prepared a dummy order on that site, it always falls apart when I reach the billing/purchase page when it asks for a UK or Irish address.

You can usually get a UK forwarding address that charges you to ship items to you.

But how much is a UK 14-day ticket?

I know that in the US you only have to input a delivery address to place an online order. It doesn't have to match the billing address for your card. I'm pretty sure here in the UK that the address you provide has to match the billing address of your credit card (for security checks). You can then input a separate delivery address. If it won't accept a US address that will pose a problem.

Mrs TT

I am from the UK, and your question has been moved to the UK forum, so I haven't had to have my tickets delivered to the US. Not much help I'm afraid.

The problem you have is the tickets need to be shipped to a UK address as the ones I have got from send you actual tickets rather than e tickets.

As others have said, in the UK we usually get hard tickets sent in the post.

The billing and delivery addresses often have to be the same to prevent fraud. And likely to prevent the UK Tickets being sold to other countries.

Do you have any UK friends? Mine offered to get it for me, but the next time we are doing WDW, we are going to get the Premier Pass good at WDW and DLR.

I'll explain how I reached this conclusion in greater detail below, but simply put, I've concluded that my Michigan-based family should buy the 14-day ultimate ticket sold in the UK and Ireland for our upcoming 2019 WDW trip. I had previously planned on buying a 10-day park hopper from Undercover Tourist, but the UK ticket holds extra appeal.

At this point, I'm plenty comfortable that this ticket works for US residents (thanks, in part, to numerous Disboards comments in other posts), unlike Canada- or Florida-specific tickets. I'm solid here.

My question: are there particular vendors of these tickets that should be (i) sought out, or (ii) avoided? Have you used any yourself? If so, how was the experience? It appears as though American Attractions has the best prices and appears to be an authorized ticket seller. Does anybody have experience with them? Any and all comments appreciated!

(In case you're wondering whey the 14-day ticket jumped out, there are a few reasons. First, we're doing a Thursday-to-the-next-next-Tuesday trip. We planned to go to the parks on 10 of the 11 days in between our travel dates, knowing that something close to a full day will be spent outside the parks with family. The 14-day ticket makes all 13 days accessible. Second, we considered purchasing Memory Maker separately, but didn't want to pop for the almost $200 expense -- Memory Maker is included in the UK ticket. Third, the water parks being included in UK ticket is a great bonus for our kids who are just old enough to take advantage of them. Fourth, the UK ticket costs only an extra $90 compared to the 10-day ticket whereas the jump from the 10-day ticket to annual passes for our family would be nearly $1,300.)
Hi I’ve came across your post and I too currently live in the USA and we were thinking of purchasing tickets from attractiontickets.com, a UK based website. I just wanted to ask did everything work out for you? Are USA residents allowed to purchase UK tickets?

Did everything work out for us? Yes! But are USA residents allowed to purchase UK tickets? No.

Huh?

Turns out, you need to be a UK resident to purchase the tickets, but anyone can then use the tickets without regard to residency. So, we made it work by having a UK-based friend purchase the tickets and ship them to us. I sent her a wire with the ticket price, shipping fee, and a small gift of appreciation. But it only worked because I've known her for 20+ years.

Thanks so much for that information, it sucks since they have such great deals and prices and I was going to purchase the tickets from the UK website to see what happens but I guess not anymore lol. Thanks again for your help and response.

I bought UK tickets from attraction tickets. I am in Canada. I used the electronic delivery. They are now linked with the Disney Canadian website and show the 14 day description of the tickets. I have booked park days. Going in August. No one asked my residency.
Thanks for the information, I was also curious about it because I put in my USA address and everything went through and it sent me to the payment page with the option to pay extra for non UK residents. I just wasn’t sure if anybody from the USA actually put in payment and was successful with the transaction and tickets.

Thanks for the information, I was also curious about it because I put in my USA address and everything went through and it sent me to the payment page with the option to pay extra for non UK residents. I just wasn’t sure if anybody from the USA actually put in payment and was successful with the transaction and tickets.
Resurrecting this to see if any US folks have tried this and were successful

We are from the US but half of my family (brother and sister and their families) lives in the UK (dual citizens), including my DD who lives there as a student. She has a UK address but her credit card billing address is our US address. So, I am thinking of asking her to buy the 14-day passes from attraction tickets. She will be traveling with us. I have a couple of questions for those who have used them.
If DD buys tickets for our upcoming trip in April, can she use her own UK address but pay with her credit card that has a different US billing address.

We are still waiting to found out when her April break is (PhD student), so can we get these tickets for a dummy date in April and change them later?

Does she need to use the US site to link her tickets or she has to create a new account in the UK site?

If I ask my sister (a UK resident) to buy them instead (she has a UK CC), is she required to also travel with us?

I checked the Euros vs GBP difference, and Euros was only 2 pounds cheaper! Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance!

I checked the Euros vs GBP difference, and Euros was only 2 pounds cheaper! Am I missing something?
No, you aren't. The GBP - Euro rate hasn't changed much for some years, it's the USD that has driven the headlines lately. It's all relative.

We are still waiting to found out when her April break is (PhD student), so can we get these tickets for a dummy date in April and change them later?
I doubt it. Disney's prices vary with exact dates, so changing them usually means cancelling and rebooking, never mind actual availability.
AT might have a special arrangement, but I wouldn't book without checking carefully.

Booking with Disney UK or AT requires a £50-£75 per head deposit which is forfeit if you don't 'complete'. But sometimes Disney will not charge you if you are changing dates. No guarantees, but I'd book direct with Disney rather than AT for that reason.

OTOH, availability is king, so regardless of the above, booking dummy dates won't guarantee you'll get the dates you actually need if you have to change them. Probably better to just wait until you have the dates and book what is available then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!