• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ultimate Hopper Pass or Park Hopper Plus?

Boo Boo Too

DIS Veteran
(Okay, I realise that this choice only exists if I ever manage to convince my husband to go for a WDW Resort rather than the Dolphin..........)

However, if I do, can anyone tell me the differences between these two types of pass: is the Ultimate Hopper Pass worth the extra money (what are the advantages?)?

Thanks,
Boo

You need to think about:
How long will you be in WDW?
How many days do you intend to spend at Disney vs. non-Disney parks?
Are you likely to return to WDW ever, and if so when?

The UHP is only available to those staying on WDW property, and is valid for access to all the main parks, PI and water parks (not sure about DQ) from the time you check-in until midnight on the day you check-out. You can't opt to have it run for only some of the time you'll be in the WDW resort, (although if you switch hotels during your stay you could have it for one stay and not the other). Because the price of an UHP is determined by the number of nights you'll be in the hotel, once you get over 7 or 8 days on an ULP, you'd be better of with an AP or even a PAP if you're there for longer.

If you plan to spend a lot of time out of the Disney parks the UHP will make you feel as though you're wasting valuable pass time! With an UHP you'll have the freedom, if you feel like it, to pop into a Disney park for an hour in the evening when you come back from somewhere else without wasting a park day (as you would with a Hopper)

The UHP will expire, Hopper passes do not, APs and PAPs will remain valid for one year.

It's a question of weighing up the best 'value' to fit in with your plans.

I think the UMP does include DQ.

I have read on the resorts board that if you leave getting the UMP until you arrive you can get them to lop off the first or last day.Anyone have any experience of this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter