Universal and airmiles

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
So thinking ahead way ahead and looking at maybe universal. Airmiles has now changed to this ? Has anyone gotten a quote or know what the usual range for tickets are ? E327D551-F769-444A-8C9D-ACEC3EE5322D.png

There was a bit of discussion on this on the Airmiles thread. You can find tickets here http://vacations.airmiles.ca
They have changed the way they do them, it would appear you can get any kind you'd like (park hoppers, water parks, any number of days) but the cost is quite high. Universal appear to be available as well.
Because of the change to the way they sell them, it doesn't look like you can use the personal shopper to get them any more though.

The price on the Disney tickets was the same as if you used your Canadian $ to purchase a ticket direct from Disney. The bonus is you will be use Airmiles so the $ aren't coming out of your pocket. I haven't looked at the Universal tickets specifically but I would imagine the pricing is the similar.

It's nice that we can finally purchase the options we want instead of having to take what is being offered. Under the old system Airmiles used to buy tickets in bulk at a discount and they were able to pass those savings along to us. Those days appear to be gone :(

As long as they still offer the discounted tickets like the buy 2 days, get 2 days at Universal, and Canadian discount tickets at Disney, I am okay with this new system. Free is still free, and now it will be exactly what we want, instead of hoping to get pixie dust for upgrades for hoppers, etc.

Same am hopeful they do the buy 2 get 2 but I won’t hold my breath I don’t think

The thing that concerns me is the "100% non refundable once completed" on the order form. This is why, for me, I'm going to stick with AM cash, then use that cash for groceries, gas, LCBO and use that cash I saved for our tickets. Lot more flexibililty if you purchase direct from disney and want to add days, or have to cancel your trip etc. Yes, the value of the tickets will still be good to put towards another ticket down the road, but you have to do that in person with a 3rd party ticket, then lose the ability to book fast passes, or a park reservation, etc. Too much of a pain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter