Universal Character Site: UPDATED MARCH 2016 PG 7

I noticed in the more recent YT videos, that the Marvel Superheroes are riding in on their ATVs again. While I was there in July, they walked out.

Is it because it's less busy during the off-season or is it just on the weekends?

The person that started this thread does update the info

If you have read through this sticky you saw on page 7 my notations
Also the creator of the thread has a current list to help find the info

If I see a change has not been made, I add info

Note:

The link is not working as I just checked it
Will try to take care of it soon

The person that started this thread does update the info

If you have read through this sticky you saw on page 7 my notations
Also the creator of the thread has a current list to help find the info

If I see a change has not been made, I add info

Note:

The link is not working as I just checked it
Will try to take care of it soon

Thank you. I did read, admittedly not all of the pages, but saw the dates and didn't realize they were updated. Thank you for all your help.

No, thank you !

I try to keep stickies current and I do check them once a month for links still working correctly

The character site does not get a lot of activity but I keep it as a sticky as it does help some readers

I know it's tough to keep everything on a board like this updated and I appreciate the efforts of all the moderators involved. If the 2016 list still holds then this is updated but if there are any other updates, many of us are going soon and would appreciate it! Thanks, moderators, for all you do!

Well, there is only one of me that handles these 4 forums.....

I do try hard to keep things current.

I always appreciate a pm from anyone if they catch something before I do so I can update what is necessary.

I won't be at the darkside until late September and plan to take notes and update anything that I notice while there.

For anyone that has be n recently, how reliable is it that we can have an interaction with Captain America and Spider-Man? My almost 3 yr old is crazy about them and this would be the highlight of the birthday trip we are taking for him in Oct!

I have not read any recent trip reports about current schedules for meeting those two characters

Send an email to guest services and ask about October schedule time periods for those characters meets

For anyone that has be n recently, how reliable is it that we can have an interaction with Captain America and Spider-Man? My almost 3 yr old is crazy about them and this would be the highlight of the birthday trip we are taking for him in Oct!

First week of August, Captain America & Spider-Man had scheduled meets throughout the day.

However, you may want to consider the Marvel character dinner. I attended this meal with my 12, 15 & 18 yr olds on Aug 2nd. We met Captain America, Spiderman, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, and...another girl I can't remember. The food was decent. The character interaction was exceptional..not just a quick photo. They chatted with each kid, were willing to pose with individual kids as well as the group. Plus, it included photos. Worth the price of the meal in my opinion.

@123SA, thank you for this bi had considered the dinner but didn’t really know a lot about it so wasn’t sure if it would be worth the price for us, esp if they met during the day. But I thwanna bk you just sold me on it, as I think that much interaction would be a lot better for my DS! He’s crazy about captain America and Spider-Man! He won’t know the other characters, but those 2 alone will be worth it if it’s a good interaction!
@macraven, I will also send an email to first services just in case we change our mind again about the dinner!

Spiderman has a spot in the back of the Spiderman shop. I'm sure he is there several times a day. Captain Marvel was out when the other villians rode on there ATV's. (I didn't see him on an ATV ) but He was right before we entered in to Toon land. The first time the line had closed but after walking to Toon land we decided to go back and eat at the Marvel (?) Cafe and when we came out he was there. We got great pics... but saw no roving Photographers. On the daily map is gives a timefram for character visits...we found by asking in the shops they could tell us exactly what times they would be at the spot. We were there from Sept 16-Sept 20th

When we got to Marvel Super Hero Village or Land or whatever, we asked about meeting the super heroes. Spiderman does appear almost continually in the back of the Spiderman shop - it's on the lake side of the road - there is a separate line set up to see him against a green screen and the photo THEY take is great with a comic book background. All of the other super heroes (and a few villains) appear on the street (about every 45 minutes) and you line up for photo ops. We had Captain America, Wolverine, Storm, Rogue... and Spiderman. (Adding that Green Goblin was running around the street, in and out of the Spiderman ride...but he was so fast i couldn't get a picture even though i saw him 3 times!) After the street encounter, Spiderman returned to his semi-permanent position in the back of the Spiderman store. You had to line up individually for each if you wanted pictures with them. But the good news is they each took their time with you. That was special.

Universal does an good job with character encounters. If only they did more with PHOTOGRAPHERS at their character encounter!

Last edited:
It looks like the last post was September 2018. Forgive me if I missed where something was updated since then! My son (7) and I always love the Disney characters, and he is so excited to try to see characters on our first Universal trip in December (hopefully). Are there any tips to be able to see as many characters as possible? He is really wanting to see characters from Simpsons, Transformers, Despicable Me, Curious George, Shrek, Scooby Doo, and Sponge Bob. The most recent list I found on Kenny the Pirate’s site (where I always looked for Disney) says last updated 2017, so if any of these no longer appear or if there are some added since, I would love to be able to find a recent list!!

Oh, gosh! I just saw Page 7 but see it has been a bit since updated....also, any superhero characters, Dr. Seuse, Grinch since we will be there are christmas? I am hoping we can get a good plan to find lots of characters for my boy!!!

Yes at Christmas time you will see those other characters
Grinch is popular with the crowds

Super heroes will also be available to the public

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!