Universal FAQ's

My sister and I will be taking our first trip to Orlando this year, we're staying at a Disney Hotel but we want to visit Universal. We're hoping to visit on Mon 2nd Oct and do both parks in one day. (There are only a few things we want to go on so we hope we can do it.)

I just wanted to ask about buying tickets on the gate, how long of a queue would it be and how much roughly it would cost? I have looked on the Universal website to buy in advance but I'm unsure if I can buy tickets from that site as I live in the UK. I have emailed Universal but I'm still waiting for a reply. We have sellers here in the UK but none offer a one day ticket.

Does anyone have any advice for me regarding this? Thanks!

You should be able to buy your tickets online at Universal's website. There are kiosks at the gates to get your tickets you just need your confirmation number and the credit card used to purchase I believe

You should be able to buy your tickets online at Universal's website. There are kiosks at the gates to get your tickets you just need your confirmation number and the credit card used to purchase I believe

Thanks for the reply. I've just got a reply back from Universal too and they said I could use that website, I just wanted some form of confirmation from them just in case!

How long would the queue take do you think?

If you already bought your ticket there are multiple computer stations to pick up your ticket. You don't have to stand in line just find an open kiosk. It's sort of like the airport. You can also print the tickets off at home if you have a printer.

If you already bought your ticket there are multiple computer stations to pick up your ticket. You don't have to stand in line just find an open kiosk. It's sort of like the airport. You can also print the tickets off at home if you have a printer.

Thanks for the info! That means we can either print the tickets before we go or wait just in case we change our minds and book it online whilst we're there and then pick the tickets up from the kiosk.

Sometimes I totally hate being single. Like now.. I have to have a medical test done on Friday. (something standard for men over 40...) I have to have someone I know pick me up after the test because I will have been knocked out. So, I don't have anyone who can drive me there or pick me up. I am going to have to take Lyft to the place because I can't leave my car there after the test. My physical trainer has offered to pick me up. I feel bad asking her to do this, but she's wonderful. If I had a husband, I could just make HIM do it.

We're going to be at the parks for the first time this Sept 23/24. I just learned that Universal will close at 5pm because of HHN, so we're doing our best to strategize our time. We are staying at RPR, so will have EE and EP. If we hit Universal for EE, what is the best time to line up on the HP train to get over to IOA? On our second day, we want to move over to IOA as early as possible, but don't know how long the lines for the train will be - to get to there at park opening.

I asked this in the character FAQ thread and it wasn't answered...

Is Storm only present during the weekends at IOA? She wasn't there on Tuesday and Wednesday when I went (mid-July). Everyone else -- Spidey, Captain America, Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine, Dr. Doom and Green Goblin -- were there.

Is Storm only present during the weekends at IOA? She wasn't there on Tuesday and Wednesday when I went (mid-July). Everyone else -- Spidey, Captain America, Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine, Dr. Doom and Green Goblin -- were there.

i really don't know but if i did, i would tell you....!

probably send guest services an email and they would have an answer for you.
they would know who to contact to find out Storm's schedule

Maybe when you went, she was just feeling under the weather! HA! I KILL ME! ;)

Last edited:
We are planning to do universal after a Disney cruise, arriving at the park around 11 am on a Friday morning in February. If we stay onsite and get express passes, will we be able to enjoy all the Harry Potter and Minion things at the parks by the time park closes that night? They are the only reason we are going. Hard to find a one day ticket price for Feb too. What should we expect to pay? Thanks!

Only rpr, pbh and hrh have the free ep perk

To buy a one day, p2p ticket for all will be costly

Depending on the feb date, could do highlights of Potter sections especially if you have the ep

I stayed at rpr first week of February this year

Opening weekend for Mardi Gras
happened which is why I was there

Friday was not crowded for us at either park but we stayed at rpr and had the free ep
But we covered a lot in the park before noon and did not switch to the other park until about 2:30 that first say

If I am reading all the info that I have seen correctly, IoA will not have an early entry on either Wed or Thurs (10/25 or 10/26) because US has EE those days (since they are closing early for HHN).

Is that right?

Thanks.

I always check the EE calendar regularly in case there are changes.

I have been at the onsite hotels when they have made changes and included both parks for EE.
Not common but has happened for a few of my stays

I think it is great they do have EE for the studios side since the park closes early at 5 on hhn nights.

Hello! We're heading to Orlando in December from the 5th-9th and spending only ONE day at Universal. I know its supposed to be a slower time in the parks but I've not been there in 8 or 9 years a definitely want to get the most out of the day. Is it worth it to add on the Express Unlimited pass? Or will the park be quiet enough to walk on rides? We're not staying on site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter