Universal Orlando Reopened June 5th! CityWalk Reopened on May 14th

I wonder if the April passholder pin will be Coronavirus related?

Last edited:
I don't know if they will be open in 11 days, listening to the news they are painting a grim picture of the current situation

I hope Universal announces their plans going forward for hotel/parks soon.
I have a reservation for May 4-7. Haven't changed it yet because I don't know when to change it to??

Yea - just heard that. Closed through the end of May. Wonder how long until Disney announces the same thing - unless they just continue to go with their 'indefinite' approach.

Just saw the updated dates on their webpage, so I’ve cancelled my Memorial Weekend reservation and flight tickets. Not sure when I’ll rebook, possibly August if they’re open and hosting the Annual Passholders Appreciation Days.

As others noted, Universal extended the closure to at least May 31st. If your curious you can see the notes sent to the team members at http://www.uoteam.com They are extending pay for Hourly until May 3rd, and cutting Full Time pay to 80% for many others before furlough.

FWIW, we saw Tom Williams the Uni Park CEO and his wife Shari nearly every week in church until all this started happening (sorry I make a point to not talk about work there), and from talking with them then I suspect this will continue as long as they need to (Although further pay reductions may happen if it drags out too long).

Last edited:
As others noted, Universal extended the closure to at least May 31st. If your curious you can see the notes sent to the team members at http://www.uoteam.com They are extending pay for Hourly until May 3rd, and cutting Full Time pay to 80% for many others before furlough.

FWIW, we saw Tom Williams the Uni Park CEO and his wife Shari nearly every week in church until all this started happening (sorry I make a point to not talk about work there), and from talking with them then I suspect this will continue as long as they need to (Although further pay reductions may happen if it drags out too long).

Best wishes to you atricks in all of this......and every other UOR employeee :hug:

CityWalk is partially reopening with some procedure changes on Thursday (may 14th). Including face mask requrements and temperature checks.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/terms-of-service/operations-update?linkId=88480280

Full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations:

Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant and Market
Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville® (outside & Lone Palm)
Red Oven Pizza Bakery™ mobile ordering available
Voodoo Doughnut mobile ordering available

Shopping venues:

Airbrush
Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company® (retail only)
Universal Studios Store™ and select merchandise carts

Entertainment venue:

Hollywood Drive-In Golf™

CityWalk is partially reopening with some procedure changes on Thursday (may 14th). Including face mask requrements and temperature checks.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/terms-of-service/operations-update?linkId=88480280

Full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations:

Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant and Market
Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville® (outside & Lone Palm)
Red Oven Pizza Bakery™ mobile ordering available
Voodoo Doughnut mobile ordering available

Shopping venues:

Airbrush
Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company® (retail only)
Universal Studios Store™ and select merchandise carts

Entertainment venue:

Hollywood Drive-In Golf™

Just see this.....good news....I think.

I hope just because City Walk is opening they won't re-start the monthly payments up again until the parks themselves actually open.

looks like a big crowd from the on line pictures of the "Grand reopening" of Citywalk

Last edited:
looks like a big crowd from the on line pictures of the "Grand reopening" of Citywalk

Just heard from a friend there, the security officers have plastic masks completely covering their faces taking temps of everyone going in.......

He also said there were folks playing drums welcoming folks back.....said it’s a real fun atmosphere.

EB36XF73H5B2BNGRQUVJFOUIZA.jpg

NQNCS2XAAVCDXJUBEGQZKGHONM.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter