Universal Split Stay

ForMyBoys

DIS Veteran
Hi All, For our upcoming stay at Universal we decided to stay at Cabana Bay the first three nights and HRH the last 4. We couldn't decide between the two options so went with both :) We will not have a rental car so I'm wondering what the easiest way is to move between the hotels? Is there a shuttle that goes between the two hotels? We are a family of 5 so we don't have a small amount of stuff. Or should I arrange a car or maybe call an Uber? It seems silly for a short drive but with 3 kids and lots of luggage I don't want it to be a pain either.

Thanks!
Ali

Bell services should be able to transfer your luggage.

I have heard of people being put in a town car with their luggage to transfer after talking to bell services, but YMMV.

Just out of curiosity - did you price staying the whole time at HRH?
I understand why you would stat at Cabana bay for the pool and such - but the discounts are larger for 7+ nights and the cost might be pretty close
Pool hopping is allowed at Universal - but I can see where it might be inconvenient.
Be aware there are shuttle buses between the resorts now - I think that is somewhat new

I have heard of people being put in a town car with their luggage to transfer after talking to bell services, but YMMV.

I understand why you would stat at Cabana bay for the pool and such - but the discounts are larger for 7+ nights and the cost might be pretty close
Pool hopping is allowed at Universal - but I can see where it might be inconvenient.
Be aware there are shuttle buses between the resorts now - I think that is somewhat new

So when I looked a couple of weeks ago they didn't have the room I wanted for the whole week. But now when I looked today I see the save more rate for the room we wanted at HRH and you are right it is actually almost $200 cheaper to stay at HRH the entire week in a deluxe 2 queen vs. the family suite at Cabana bay so I did just change our reservations. I guess that makes life easier. You are right its not that convenient to pool hop but its way more convenient than two check ins and moving rooms :)

Staying at Hard Rock, you are really close to the boat at Citywalk. You can easily take it to RPR and Sapphire Falls. Cabana Bay is a short walk from Sapphire Falls. HRH is also a close walk to Portofino to try out their pool (and eat pizza at Sal's).

Staying at Hard Rock, you are really close to the boat at Citywalk. You can easily take it to RPR and Sapphire Falls. Cabana Bay is a short walk from Sapphire Falls. HRH is also a close walk to Portofino to try out their pool (and eat pizza at Sal's).

Thanks for the tip on getting to Cabana Bay :) We stayed at PBH July 2015 and loved thier pool but ruled it out this time due to room size and because we wanted to try something new. We wanted to see RPR anyway so we'll go that route when we head over to explore CBBR :)

when we were there in April we were told the town car option was not available for CB (as it's a value property and that's not one of the perks) However, Sapphire Falls which is right across the street IS available for use of town car so that's the option we went with...just walked our luggage across the street.--but we only had 3 of us and the child was a teenager so it was worth the little bit of extra hassle. although maybe not if you've got little ones with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter