Universal Studios in later October?

SnowBelleAlice

Mouseketeer
First - where to stay?
Budget friendly, and close appreciated; I will have a car, but prefer to avoid outrageous parking fees. Hotels?
VRBO, Air BNB - which cities are closest?
Harry Potter is the main draw, we aren’t interested in the Horror Nights but either way the park closes at 6, will the park be less crowded on a non Horror Night day?
From US we’ll head to Disneyland, and then San Diego.
Thanks in advance!

I'm moving this to a forum where I hope you can get some good, specific information for USH.
Try posting your DLR question in the Disneyland (California) forum and the SD question in the CA & the West forum. That way you can get as many detailed answers to your questions as possible and your posts won't risk being overlooked.

Hotel parking fees are nearly the same as the park.
Some great AirBnB's in Hollywood. North Hollywood is close. So is Burbank.
Slightly less.

"budget friendly" - what is your range?

Last edited:
Thanks, I booked five nights at the Super 8 on Disneyland Dr.
I’ll drive up to US two days, likely Monday and Tuesday 10/22-23
The parks open at 10, we’ll head out a bit before 9, hoping to have skipped the morning commute traffic.

Good luck! I'm hoping to miss the morning commute traffic when we move from DL to USH. They really aren't that far apart but the traffic makes the 45 minutes 2 hours! I'm staying in a Comfort Inn that's about 7 miles from USH for that night. (We're from Northern California so doing USH last puts us up above the worst traffic for our commute home.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!