Universal UK?

georgina

DIS Veteran
Not sure if there has been a discussion of this that I missed, but the news is interesting to me.

Universal Studios said they are looking into the possibility of building a theme park in the United Kingdom after purchasing a 480-acre parcel of land near Bedford, England.
The land was purchased by Universal’s parent company, Comcast Corporation, in August for $271 million, a company spokesperson confirmed. It will take several months before a decision on further plans for the land, the company said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2023/12/21/universal-studios-theme-park-uk-europe/

Not sure what they are thinking, for the most part people want to go away for the weather, not just the theme parks, especially if you are from the UK or Ireland. I know UK can get decent weather, but not year round.

They might get the locals for weekends and short breaks, but honestly (at least from Ireland) its cheaper to go to Spain or some where like that for a short break. Maybe they are thinking about the added hassle now that they are no longer in the EU.

Cant say I would have any interest in the park.

They may be thinking more in terms of a smaller park like the one they are building in Frisco, Texas rather than a destination theme park.

I could see something like the WB World in Dubai being a good inspiration for a mostly indoor park experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter