Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Got the campsites request in for next week. I can't believe that I am not going to stay at a hotel/resort. I've already got a name for my trip report as a single, middle-aged male...."I've kissed a Fort Wilderness pine tree and I liked it". Who knows, this could go really well or lots of sleepless nights. I love FW when I stayed in the cabins, but this is really going outside my comfort zone. If it gets too torturous, I can just leave and drive home about an hour away. But, I want to experience this side of FW and see if I can put all those years of corporate Americana to rest.

I've got the Hertamaniac sign completed for the DIS boards and my IndyCar flags are ready.

Got the campsites request in for next week. I can't believe that I am not going to stay at a hotel/resort. I've already got a name for my trip report as a single, middle-aged male...."I've kissed a Fort Wilderness pine tree and I liked it". Who knows, this could go really well or lots of sleepless nights. I love FW when I stayed in the cabins, but this is really going outside my comfort zone. If it gets too torturous, I can just leave and drive home about an hour away. But, I want to experience this side of FW and see if I can put all those years of corporate Americana to rest.

I've got the Hertamaniac sign completed for the DIS boards and my IndyCar flags are ready.
I hope you have a magical time, with some wonderful memories! I definitely can't wait to hear all about it! Love the Trip Report title! :)

Dh's first on-site stay was at Ft. Wilderness back in the days when Space Mountain was the latest new ride.

I have the cabins in mind on a future trip (or on a short list to pick) because a kitchen is handy for having healthy options to counteract the splurges. I'm not sure if MIL has a timeshare week to spare to exchange for DVC or Bonnet Creek (did this when it was opening up Tower 5/Building 5). I might have us to maybe a short trip maybe by May before Spaceship Earth gets its makeover. DH has his 1 year checkup for his heart in May (doing good) with Cardio and the other doctors/healthcare team says he is doing great so he might be able to go on some thrill rides.

I almost got to ride Everest with Helio Castroneves (plus Joey Fatone and maybe another star...was parade taping week), but we keep waving to each other while the station was doing a hold pattern for them to space out for reduce picture taking. We got some lanyards after our ride--part of the magical promotion. back in 2007.

Last edited:
I think we must be specially marked on Harris Teeter customer list (a Kroger owned grocery chain) because I sent a customer e-mail form on the app telling about another weird event at a local store (a coupon that was peeled off the bottle on that shopping rang up expired. We double checked on the expiration dateas we were putting up the groceries and I saw it was a sell by or best by Jan 7 2020 date so on the complaint form attached a photo of it. Okay, tonight at 5 pm, the general manager calls us and he knows my first name which was not on the email complaint which he goes on and on for almost 5-10 minutes that we should go to him or call him for future issues because the email made it to the president of the company. We thought it was more of a hey...the stock needs checking over heads up.
We did plan to get the product refunded anyway, but thought maybe a store should know that some products need to be removed plus we had emails that usually get an email a day or 2 later/form letter. Now, the manager is telling us that he will make sure that we are not having out of the way in checking things or going in person for refunds. Our conversation just felt plain awkward.

*We have a rotation of stores that we use for deals and plus local was best on a wet day/night. We love Publix for service, but timing was bad this week. We had too much fun at Wegmans the prior week (DH loves the cart escalator).

Dh's first on-site stay was at Ft. Wilderness back in the days when Space Mountain was the latest new ride.

I have the cabins in mind on a future trip (or on a short list to pick) because a kitchen is handy for having healthy options to counteract the splurges. I'm not sure if MIL has a timeshare week to spare to exchange for DVC or Bonnet Creek (did this when it was opening up Tower 5/Building 5). I might have us to maybe a short trip maybe by May before Spaceship Earth gets its makeover. DH has his 1 year checkup for his heart in May (doing good) with Cardio and the other doctors/healthcare team says he is doing great so he might be able to go on some thrill rides.

I almost got to ride Everest with Helio Castroneves (plus Joey Fatone and maybe another star...was parade taping week), but we keep waving to each other while the station was doing a hold pattern for them to space out for reduce picture taking. We got some lanyards after our ride--part of the magical promotion. back in 2007.

You mentioned Helio and voila'.....after his win in St. Pete.

Helio and I.JPG

Mother in law fell the other day. She neglected to tell people she hit her head. DH's step dad called an ambulance for her today. DH was at the hospital. She is being kept overnight for observation. All scans are showing nothing, but she has a disease that is an offshoot of Parkinson's, so not sure if that is effecting anything. Very stressful day. I have been watching the meltdown of the youtube Disney community over the resignation of Bob Iger. Have to keep my brain busy with something other than worry.

Mother in law fell the other day. She neglected to tell people she hit her head. DH's step dad called an ambulance for her today. DH was at the hospital. She is being kept overnight for observation. All scans are showing nothing, but she has a disease that is an offshoot of Parkinson's, so not sure if that is effecting anything. Very stressful day. I have been watching the meltdown of the youtube Disney community over the resignation of Bob Iger. Have to keep my brain busy with something other than worry.
@superme80 - Hope all turns out okay. Hugs.

Thank you. They are keeping her for another night. She is having memory issues. She is 80, so I knew times like this were coming, but you are never really prepared for it.
I hear ya. I have SO many friends who have/are going through "aging parents issues". That's why I'm usually glad I lost my Mom when I was 3, and my Dad when I was 19. I know that sounds cold, but I mean it. I see so many people's hearts being ripped out as their parents/loved ones age. :(

I to
I hear ya. I have SO many friends who have/are going through "aging parents issues". That's why I'm usually glad I lost my Mom when I was 3, and my Dad when I was 19. I know that sounds cold, but I mean it. I see so many people's hearts being ripped out as their parents/loved ones age. :(
totally understand. It is so hard. DH and I have been together for almost 14 years now. She has been there for so long in my life. It isn't looking good. She will be losing much of her independence. She has held onto it for so long. I do not envy my husband or SIL for having to break the news to her.

Thank you. They are keeping her for another night. She is having memory issues. She is 80, so I knew times like this were coming, but you are never really prepared for it.
Hugs.
We have close members that had various memory/dementia issues over the years. We know that time is precious and try to enjoy different relatives' good days. I know the ones from my side tend to hang out with me at different family functions (his side too). I remember that my paternal Grandma's youngest sister kept on telling me at my grandmother visitation and funeral reception that her sister died. She could not remember that I used to see her on very visit to my grandparents and at church/Sunday school. My aunt was maybe mid 70s at that time (G-ma was 80).

Hugs.
We have close members that had various memory/dementia issues over the years. We know that time is precious and try to enjoy different relatives' good days. I know the ones from my side tend to hang out with me at different family functions (his side too). I remember that my paternal Grandma's youngest sister kept on telling me at my grandmother visitation and funeral reception that her sister died. She could not remember that I used to see her on very visit to my grandparents and at church/Sunday school. My aunt was maybe mid 70s at that time (G-ma was 80).
All of my grandparents have had some sort of dementia or Alzheimer at some point in their life. This is hard as we are now becoming caregivers. You can prepare yourself the best you can, but you are never REALLY prepared for it. She is going to a rehab facility for 20 days, and hopefully we can get the house ready for her plus 24 hr care. My sister in law has been amazing, but MIL is mad at her, because SIL is looking out for her, so a lot is falling on DH.

I'm not a regular chit-chatter, but I wanted to mention somewhere that I finally saw a podcaster in the park last Friday. We were having a rough day, so it was a nice surprise to see a familiar face!

Sorry you were having a rough day, @FeaturePresentation, but glad you saw somebody. Who was it, and did you go up and say hi?

Craig. We were both in (a long) line for Peoplemover. I believe it was around the time they evacuated it which may explain the line.

I wasn't sure if it was work or family time since he was with a group, so we didn't say hi. We just enjoyed seeing a podcaster in the park after years of listening.

:surfweb: I am sorry to not drop by the past few days....too grumpy lately and trying not to put in my 2 cents (or should that more these days ) on some select threads. It is something frustrating daily for a week...and having less sleep due to knees at first then neck/shoulder pains (dog pulled too hard on her leash a couple of times).

MIL is some health challenges again, and made sure we (sons and their wives/partners plus now the grandchildren) know at the same time what she wants to do with her life while she has a choice. She is in Florida visiting relatives and friends and using some of the timeshare weeks at the beach (think she went to Tampa airport last week). She is not too worried about the virus situation because she is art peace with her decisions.

NC Beast had a good respiratory appointment today...98% oxygen rate which is a sign that his heart condition is stable and improving with medicine, diet, and exercise. He was not told to wear a mask in public so we are taking normal precautions to avoid virus (not just the flu/other). I love Publix in our...they have been cleaning everything more often and we wished that they stock more low sodium/no salt added products so we don't have to do other stores too much. Monday, not too bad on food supplies, but the tp and some soap supplies were running low...good deals and people stocking up. We did add extra stuff the past couple of weeks for the just in case and the items were a good deal at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter