Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Is someone from the team in Paris right now? I noticed a few tweets from there
I think Craig might be, saw something on Kylie's Twitter the other day it was a VERY last minute, Disney-sponsored thing for some of event going on there.

I think Craig might be, saw something on Kylie's Twitter the other day it was a VERY last minute, Disney-sponsored thing for some of event going on there.
Yep Disney FanDaze inaugural event. I have a thread on Rumors and News about it. 100ish characters all out and about. A duck tales parade, Max Goof show with projections on Tower of Terror, and an Imagineering panel about upcoming Walt Disney Studios Park stuff.

I've seen many peculiarities in IndyCar, but yesterday proved to me anything can happen even before the race starts.

The Corvette pace car crashes hard just after leaving pit lane (#certifiedpacecardriversonly)!

Corvette smashed.JPG

Would it be possible for the DIS Unplugged staff to put in more video clips of their experiences at the places they talk about? Also putting a link to the time of the video in which you start talking about a certain topic would be great. If I could press "14:20 - New ride details" instead of skimming through the video, I would definitely watch a lot more. Right now I can't sit through an hour long video just to hear the topics that I was looking forward to learning about. Keep up the good work!

I've seen many peculiarities in IndyCar, but yesterday proved to me anything can happen even before the race starts.

The Corvette pace car crashes hard just after leaving pit lane (#certifiedpacecardriversonly)!

View attachment 327141
Wow! Hopefully nobody got hurt! Awesome car though - I love "sporty lookking cars", even though I could probably NOT get in/out of 1 these days - many years ago my boyfriend had a Triumph Spitfire, and I LOVED that thing - one of the VERY few times in my life when I ENJOYED driving when I still did so was going down the PCH in that glorious thing!!) and blue (darker tones) is my favorite color!

Wow! Hopefully nobody got hurt! Awesome car though - I love "sporty lookking cars", even though I could probably NOT get in/out of 1 these days - many years ago my boyfriend had a Triumph Spitfire, and I LOVED that thing - one of the VERY few times in my life when I ENJOYED driving when I still did so was going down the PCH in that glorious thing!!) and blue (darker tones) is my favorite color!

Nobody got hurt, but apparently one GM executive's pride took a hit as he couldn't handle the 700+ horsepower. I would love to be at the GM water cooler to rib him a little in good fun.

I remember the Spitfire (car and WWII fighter)! It was very classy and sexy for a car. If memory serves, I think some/all were hardtops that could be removed?

My go to youth "sports" car wasn't really a sports car at all. It was an economical commuter (suspension based on the Chevrolet Chevette) that I had the privilege of owning several. My 1987 Pontiac Fiero was a spectacular car, but it was my 1987 Fiero GT that I really appreciated. Best car in the snow, ever, as it was mid-engine with rear wheel drive. With that aerodynamic front end, it was virtually a plow. At it's time, it was an affordable alternative to the 'Vette.

Oh, and I would need a shoe-horn to get in/out these days. :car:

Randoms....

-When I clicked on this thread to post, it actually took me to the FIRST page instead of this page. Fun to go back and read through what folks were talking about nearly two years ago. Also, some posters who have gone AWOL from the boards altogether, it seems. Definitely some fun blasts from the past. Miss those folks.

-Woke up this morning angry about the Pirates of the Caribbean scene change for some reason. Not that they changed it(I'm completely fine with them changing it), but that they changed it to something so nonsensical. Saw it for the first time in person last month and just....didn't....get it. They could've gone 100 different ways with it, and they chose the 100th best way. Ridiculous.

-I wish there was a way to gently tell people who click "like" on every single Facebook post that when you "like" everything, you really don't "like" anything. But it is what it is.

-Anyone else roll to movies solo? I do it pretty frequently, and thinking of doing it this weekend. I do it for baseball games, too. Might do it this weekend....a Reds game, a movie, or both.

-I always hear songs that I intend to download later, then when I sit down to download new tunes, I forget what songs I'd been meaning to add. I'm old.

-Bit the bullet and hired some landscapers to come and spruce up the grounds this past weekend. New mulch, weeds pulled, and buried some irrigation lines that allow the water from the downspouts to spray out into the yard. The works, really.

-Bored yet reading this? Probably. So I'm out.

@KingLlama - Having been on my own most of my life (not my choice, just pretty much happened to have ended up that way), I an entirely comfortable seeing a movie by myself, and doing most events that CAN be done alone that way, including travelling. I am even comfortable dining by myself, which I know a LOT of people are not. Got over any "weird feeling" about it a LONG time ago. If I didn't, I'd spend much more time cooped up inside, which, IMHO, is worse than not doing anything simply because you're alone.Sometimes I'd rather have somebody else there, but don't stop myself from doing something just because I'm alone. And if you're in/with the WRONG company, that can be even WORSE. I always say "I'm alone quite a bit, but rarely am I lonely - BIG difference".

Enjoy your movie, or baseball game, or whatever this weekend!

Last edited:
I like going to the movies by myself - my husband works a lot so I'm generally on solo mom duty a lot. It's nice to have some time to myself!

But I started going to the movies alone years and years ago - especially when the Lord of the Rings movies were in the theater. I went and saw those 10+ times and I ran out of people who wanted to go with me

My parents and I have been working on getting our cabin kitchen cleaned out as we are renovating it for new kitchen cabinets, oven and cooktop. Now we are going to replace the ceiling and floor.

The stuff we cleaned out and no longer need we are going to have a yard sale the weekend before July 4th. I thought this summer would be a relaxing one up there, but now it has turned into a working summer.

On a fun note, I have my flight and hotel booked for DLR the end of September!!!! My friends and I are getting excited!!!!

Anyone going to see Incredibles 2 this weekend? I'm taking my daughter to see it tomorrow at a drive-in that is about an hour away. 2nd film is A Wrinkle in Time!

We looove the drive-in :)

Randoms....

-When I clicked on this thread to post, it actually took me to the FIRST page instead of this page. Fun to go back and read through what folks were talking about nearly two years ago. Also, some posters who have gone AWOL from the boards altogether, it seems. Definitely some fun blasts from the past. Miss those folks.
Me, too, but I haven't read from the beginning in a while.

-Woke up this morning angry about the Pirates of the Caribbean scene change for some reason. Not that they changed it(I'm completely fine with them changing it), but that they changed it to something so nonsensical. Saw it for the first time in person last month and just....didn't....get it. They could've gone 100 different ways with it, and they chose the 100th best way. Ridiculous.
It just opened at Disneyland. I'm going to the parks tomorrow, so I'll get to see it for myself. I'm hoping to like it even with the changes.

-Anyone else roll to movies solo? I do it pretty frequently, and thinking of doing it this weekend. I do it for baseball games, too. Might do it this weekend....a Reds game, a movie, or both.
Oh, heck yeah. I love to go to the movies, and have gone solo several times. In fact, I left work early a few Fridays ago to see Solo solo. ;) I got to the theater (one of those dine-in reclining seat AMC kind), and saw a whole bunch of teenage guys. I thought that I wouldn't be able to get a decent seat, but found out that there was a Dolby stereo (slightly more $) and regular feature. Of course, the youngsters went for the regular feature, and I went to the Dolby stereo one - thank you job! :thumbsup2

-I always hear songs that I intend to download later, then when I sit down to download new tunes, I forget what songs I'd been meaning to add. I'm old.
Lol - I hear you. I do a couple of things now - I pull up Shazam to get the song and then take a screen shot on my phone to remind me of the song, and if I hear different ones I note them on my phone right away and make a list. I'm horrible at names.

-Bit the bullet and hired some landscapers to come and spruce up the grounds this past weekend. New mulch, weeds pulled, and buried some irrigation lines that allow the water from the downspouts to spray out into the yard. The works, really.
We're living in parallel universes right now! I just got through meeting with the new gardener boss. He took over the business from his uncle, and we went over several things that need to be done to my yard. He gave me a quote, and we're going to do this little by little. We ended up chatting about stuff for over a half hour. It was really nice. :flower:

Anyone going to see Incredibles 2 this weekend? I'm taking my daughter to see it tomorrow at a drive-in that is about an hour away. 2nd film is A Wrinkle in Time!

We looove the drive-in :)
I wish we still had drive-ins. The last time we went was when Jurassic Park came out. My daughter was around 4 at the time and ended up on the floor of the car. Lol There is too much light pollution for one here. I'll probably go see the Incredibles 2. It's a fun flick.

@KingLlama - Having been on my own most of my life (not my choice, just pretty much happened to have ended up that way), I an entirely comfortable seeing a movie by myself, and doing most events that CAN be done alone that way, including travelling. I am even comfortable dining by myself, which I know a LOT of people are not. Got over any "weird feeling" about it a LONG time ago. If I didn't, I'd spend much more time cooped up inside, which, IMHO, is worse than not doing anything simply because you're alone.Sometimes I'd rather have somebody else there, but don't stop myself from doing something just because I'm alone. And if you're in/with the WRONG company, that can be even WORSE. I always say "I'm alone quite a bit, but rarely am I lonely - BIG difference".

Enjoy your movie, or baseball game, or whatever this weekend!

Same boat, and it's quite nice. But someday I may be in your neck of the woods, or hopefully you'll be in mine, and we can go together. That would be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts