Unused linked park tickets are disappearing/lost by My Disney Experience - check your account

suebeelin

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the DVC specific forum but I believe it applies to the budget board (if you are concerned about your unused linked park tickets disappearing).

FYI -- Apparently there are technical issues with My Disney Experience. Linked Park Tickets are disappearing, and entire profiles lost.

Please check your park tickets to make sure they are all there, and linked. I called the internet help line, and there was an hour wait to speak to an agent. Apparently, this has been happening for two weeks.

We personally "lost" 8 of 14 tickets that we had linked to various members of our family and extended family. They said that WITHOUT THE TICKET NUMBERS OR CONFIRMATION CODES, they could not find our tickets and escalate it so that Disney will look for it and reconnect the tickets back to your account. Basically you're SOL if you don't have your confirmation code or ticket numbers. That bothered me very much. So much for technical excellence and reliability (which we know is not Disney's forte).

Thank god I went through all my tickets back in January of 2017, line by line, and wrote down every ticket number. I did not have my DVC promo ticket numbers (back from 2016, I think) but was able to find the confirmation number in my email.

I was on the phone with the internet technical help desk woman for over an hour going through EVERY TICKET number, and discovered that EIGHT tickets were lost (5 and 7 day MYW park hoppers for both adults and children) out of 14 unused tickets that we have in "storage" for future use. That's appx $3k in tickets that they "lost", and I had to go digging around for the ticket numbers to make sure they will "find" the tickets again... someday... since it's being escalated. I'm assuming they haven't found our tickets yet, although the woman promised that the tickets weren't lost bc I have the ticket numbers. Her explanation was neither reassuring nor did it make sense. The tickets are currently "lost", why couldn't she just admit to that fact? Escalating the ticket number to a more senior technical expert does not mean the tickets aren't LOST. It just means that they will promise to find the ticket again, somehow, with the ticket number. Note: SOMEHOW.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know to check their profiles to see any unused tickets that you have linked to your profile have "disappeared". I'm glad I called it, even though it was almost 3 hours of my life. $3k is not chump change.

The help desk number is 407-939-4357, hit option 4.

Hope this helps.

This "magical enhancement" took place over a week ago and people are still having problems. Like you, I had a few tickets in my account attached to phantom guests as placeholders? Almost all of the phantoms lost their tickets and reservations, which I had canceled, reappeared but cannot be canceled online now. At least the tickets (one 5-day hopper and a 2-day base ticket as well as 2 Platinum Plus AP vouchers) came back on their own. We leave in 10 days and my brother's and sister-in-law's ticket are no longer visible even though they are listed in my friends and family. Ironically, their FPs are okay so I'm not sweating it.

I have a binder of tickets and they're marked "linked to X" or "not linked". I hang onto them to make sure that I have a backup system. I don't trust Disney IT. This recent fiasco is a prime example of why.

When I checked tickets, I am missing several. When I go into Magic bands and cards, everything is there.

When I checked tickets, I am missing several. When I go into Magic bands and cards, everything is there.
Magic bands and cards are not the same as tickets. Once you attach a card or ticket to a names, it can't be transferred to another. But the ticket media associated with that card or Magic Band can be transferred if it has not been used. If you're not actually seeing tickets and they are not part of an upcoming package, you need to get in touch with Disney.

The missing tickets are unused but linked to a profile. They disappeared. I still have 6 tickets but 8 are missing....

I have four tickets and two are missing. My two are still there. My husband's are missing.

This happened to me last March. Went to Disney knowing that I had one park hopper no expiration ticket left. They insisted I didn't so ended up buying a ticket to use since we were already in town. At the end of the day, I called Disney and questioned what happened. They insisted I was wrong, but finally transferred me to a supervisor. After an hour on the phone she agreed that I did indeed have a ticket left. If you have linked fast passes to your account it automatically uses your OLDEST ticket when you enter the park - even though you show them another paper ticket like I had done with a three day pass. I had to go back to Disney Springs location to pick up my ticket to use another time. After all the time on the phone, I thanked her for "Taking care of such an unusual situation". Her response - "Oh, no this happens all the time - it even happened to me!" So they are not trying to fix this.

This happened to me last March. Went to Disney knowing that I had one park hopper no expiration ticket left. They insisted I didn't so ended up buying a ticket to use since we were already in town. At the end of the day, I called Disney and questioned what happened. They insisted I was wrong, but finally transferred me to a supervisor. After an hour on the phone she agreed that I did indeed have a ticket left. If you have linked fast passes to your account it automatically uses your OLDEST ticket when you enter the park - even though you show them another paper ticket like I had done with a three day pass. I had to go back to Disney Springs location to pick up my ticket to use another time. After all the time on the phone, I thanked her for "Taking care of such an unusual situation". Her response - "Oh, no this happens all the time - it even happened to me!" So they are not trying to fix this.
:crazy2:

So if I don't have any record of the ticket being purchased or the ticket number, the ticket is just "lost for good"?

So if I don't have any record of the ticket being purchased or the ticket number, the ticket is just "lost for good"?
Thats what the agent told me on the phone. She kept insisting that because I have the ticket numbers, I haven't LOST the ticket, they just need to find it and reattach it. Then I asked "what if I didn't have the ticket numbers??"

Her answer was "but you do, so its not lost!"

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Glad you posted. Imagine this happened when you're in the park and you don't have the tix #. Mine is still there, but DH and DC's are missing. I still have the physical tix at home and will have to go through them.
Scary.

Glad you posted. Imagine this happened when you're in the park and you don't have the tix #. Mine is still there, but DH and DC's are missing. I still have the physical tix at home and will have to go through them.
Scary.

I bought 2 special DVC tickets and one of them is still missing. It was linked to my dad but he bought his own tickets so I went back to reassign it to a dummy profile.

It disappeared.

I called it all in last week and it’s still gone. Only his ticket that he bought recently is on his profile.

I’m pissed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter