*Update* First Bad Experience with MS

Not to mention, before all this happened yesterday, (I originally had a studio and a 1 BR for 5 nights = 261 pts.) - now I have a 2 BR for 4 nights and a 1 BR for 1 night = 228 pts.) Before I made the current existing changes, I had 110 points left in my account. So, adding the difference of 31 pts., the difference between the 261 and the 228, I should have 141 points left in my account. When I log into my DVC account, it shows I have 56 points!!! So not only did he screw up my reservation, he also screwed up my points!!! This just keeps getting worse by the minute. I'm sure I will be on the phone with MS for a very long time straightening this one out!!! It's just very frustrating because this has NEVER happened to me before and all of my transactions have gone smoothly.....:headache: :sad2:

Well, that wasn't too bad. I spoke to a supervisor at MS and the upped us on the waitlist and straightened out my points. Hopefully it comes through though. Keeping my fingers crossed. It's still a messed up system...:confused3

Well, that wasn't too bad. I spoke to a supervisor at MS and the upped us on the waitlist and straightened out my points. Hopefully it comes through though. Keeping my fingers crossed. It's still a messed up system...:confused3

pixiedust: for you! I don't know when this trip is, but I hope you get what you want!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Was the supervisor able to explain why this happened? Could your reservation have been modified instead?

The same thing happened to me weeks ago. The rep was also a man (wonder if it was the same one?) he was trying to book 2 days at OKW in the middle of my stay, and as he was doing that he lost one day. So he tried to book the other day but then lost that one too. I was peeved!! So I had to waitlist for BOTH of them!

MS claims that everyone can look at the system, and it's just a matter of who can book the room the quickest. I think it's wrong, and I told them they should have at least 30 sec-1 min to hold that room while someone looks at it. They said they can't. so now when they have something I want, I tell them (ok, to be honest it's practically yelling!) "Yes I want it! Book it fast before it's gone!" Then after I get my conf# I aplogize.

Frankly, it's worse than booking breakfast at the castle!!

(On a side note, I did get those 2 nights about 2 weeks later. Guess I was lucky it was at OKW! I'm still waiting for a waitlist at BCV!!)

MS claims that everyone can look at the system, and it's just a matter of who can book the room the quickest. I think it's wrong, and I told them they should have at least 30 sec-1 min to hold that room while someone looks at it. They said they can't. so now when they have something I want, I tell them (ok, to be honest it's practically yelling!) "Yes I want it! Book it fast before it's gone!" Then after I get my conf# I aplogize.

As another poster said somewhere , how can they hold a room for a waitlist but can't hold the room for 1 minute to free up points to book it?

We just purchased at AKV this year and made a reservation at SSR in Nov / Dec. We used all points except for one day cash. When I never received a confirmation on the cash day I called MS. I was then told that my credit card was never attached to the cash day and I actually could have lost the room for that day:confused3 . She said it was good that I called. I would have been fuming as well if when I showed up I was told I had no room for one day in the middle of my 10 day stay. Needless to say I learned that just like everything else in life you have to double check everything everyone does. I now will always call back the next day after making ressies to make sure everything is correct. Hope everything works out for you!

The same thing happened to me weeks ago. The rep was also a man (wonder if it was the same one?) he was trying to book 2 days at OKW in the middle of my stay, and as he was doing that he lost one day. So he tried to book the other day but then lost that one too. I was peeved!! So I had to waitlist for BOTH of them!

Frankly, it's worse than booking breakfast at the castle!!

(On a side note, I did get those 2 nights about 2 weeks later. Guess I was lucky it was at OKW! I'm still waiting for a waitlist at BCV!!)

That definitely not right.

The program should be set up to lock out everyone else until you are done. In other words while they are on the phone with you and have requested dates up on the screen waiting for you to decide, no one else should not be able to book them ahead of you. When you say no and they release it then the next one up can get them.

Also the original dates should not be released until you made the modification.

As another poster said somewhere , how can they hold a room for a waitlist but can't hold the room for 1 minute to free up points to book it?

That is the eternal question.

The waitlist issue is discussed in another thread - or should I say 3 or 4 other threads at last count!

The reservation up on the screen at that moment should be "locked" until it is either booked or not where then it would just be released into the system. This was definitely a learning experience for me and before I say "cancel" that one and "book" this one, I will book first, hopefully having enough points to work with. Live and learn. My waitlist better come through though!!!;) :surfweb: :rolleyes1

The program should be set up to lock out everyone else until you are done. In other words while they are on the phone with you and have requested dates up on the screen waiting for you to decide, no one else should not be able to book them ahead of you. When you say no and they release it then the next one up can get them.

Just remember that would be a two-way street. If you have 100+ MS reps working with people, many of whom could just be fishing around for different resort and date combinations, that would be a lot of rooms in that "hold" status at any given time.

Chances are people will lose out on rooms simply because they are in that "hold" status, only to be released (unbooked) after the time limit has expired. I know in theory it may seem like a rare occurrence, but if rooms are being grabbed as quickly as this post indicates, it will be an issue.

I guess if you had to decide between the two systems, holding the room while booking is probably the fairer of the alternatives, but both approaches would still inconvenience members, albeit in different ways.

I will usually book two things on top of each other, then wait a week and then cancel the one I don't want-I have a pathological fear of exactly what happened to you happening to me.

I hope everything works out for you (they need a fingers crossed smilie!)

I just checked and my waitlist came through!!! I have the dedicated 2 BR for the 5 nights!!!:dance3: :cheer2: :banana: Doesn't it stink though all the stress we have to go through for this!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter