Update on expiring Aulani DVC points

jodybird511

DIS Veteran
FYI, for those Aulani owners who had a reservation canceled that was using banked points, received the following email from DVC late this afternoon:

Aloha Aulani Member,

As we previously shared, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa is working toward a phased reopening beginning on November 1, 2020.

To provide greater flexibility for Members with an ownership interest at Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawaii, we've modified our temporary policies regarding expiring Vacation Points for those with a reservation impacted by the Resort's closure. If you have previously banked Points that are still eligible for use, they will automatically be extended through Feb 28, 2021, and will be available online for use through the Member Online Booking tool once your Use Year has ended. This includes previously banked April, June, August, September, October, or December 2018 or February 2019 Aulani Use Year points. All other types of Points will follow their normal expiration process.

We encourage you to regularly visit the Aulani Resort and Disney Vacation Club websites for important information regarding your Membership and utilize the Member Online Booking Tool to book or modify a Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family home to Aulani Resort soon.

This is super frustrating for me. We have March points. I'm set to lose over 200 points if we don't go in December - which I'm really on the fence about. My family wants to go but I'm not sure I'm willing to take the risk to sit in our Villa. :/

We had a reservation cancelled in July that had been booked with banked Aulani October 2018 points. Deposited the points into RCI back in August, as I knew there was no chance that we would be able to use them by the end of November (as we are in Canada). I called Member Services last week when the above email re the Aulani Point extension came out to see if we could reverse the RCI deposit and apply our banked Aulani October 2018 points to an upcoming February stay, but was told that was not an option. ☹️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter