Update on Hilton Head?

YET? I would worry trying to GET there :(. Roads are a wreck, and unless Disney has their own private water supply? ehhhh - it's looking grim in the area, due to pig crap contamination :(.

You will do as you chose.... but I would advise staying AWAY from a known disaster zone :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

YET? I would worry trying to GET there :(. Roads are a wreck, and unless Disney has their own private water supply? ehhhh - it's looking grim in the area, due to pig crap contamination :(.

You will do as you chose.... but I would advise staying AWAY from a known disaster zone :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Thanks for your concern! I wasn’t planning to go there - just wanted to know whether the resort itself had sustained damage severe enough to keep it closed longer. I’m glad to know the owners won’t be hit with another dues increase to pay another insurance deductible.

That area of SC did not get hit as bad as most of NC. The Outer Banks were also not as bad.

OMG-I think of all the trees on HHI. I remember when we went to the resort a couple years ago after Matthew hit. There were entire large lots where they'd moved trees that had fallen during the hurricane. I hope it isn't that bad.

Hilton Head Island did NOT suffer any damage and received no rain from Florence. While the Governor did order an evacuation on Monday September 10 for the following day at 12:00 noon, he rescinded that order at 11:30am Tuesday morning. Many had already left prior to the cancelation so that many resorts, restaurants and other service related businesses were without sufficient staff for the remainder of the week.

Everything is back to normal now and the ocean temp is 84! Air temps have been in the upper 80s-low 90s and there has still been no rain.

C'mon down, the water is fine! :teeth:

any idea how the golf courses made out?
I don’t think that part of the state was hit with a lot of rain. Hilton Head is down at the Georgia line. I would think they are the same. We just drove down from New England. I-95 is still shut down through most of North Carolina. Long way around, no other direct route.South Carolina I 95 was completely open. Saw lots of trees down and lots of water still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!