UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

Ed,

Please update my DIS Meet dates. As long as work doesn't have a major problem with me taking the time, I will be coming on property Thursday October 1st, but we are staying at Coronado Springs until October 3rd.

I modified my DIS Meet Fort reservation to be Saturday October 3rd - Saturday October 17 in a Premium. Looking forward to checking out Coronado Springs and enjoying 2 full weeks at the Fort.

j

Ed,

I'll hit up some of my Disney friends at work, but I don't think any of them are campers.

Well it is 100% official. I'll be spending 16 days at WDW in October. My boss said she didn't care. I do have to tell a couple of my key staff they can't be gone, but they don't have plans.
I cancelled the Fort cart and have a Kenny cart reserved. 14 days (the first 2 of the trip are at Coronado Springs) is way over my threshold to pay the Disney convenience tax on their cart.

October seems like a long way off, and I still have several other trips before then, but I'm getting pretty excited.

j

Ed,

I'll hit up some of my Disney friends at work, but I don't think any of them are campers.

Well it is 100% official. I'll be spending 16 days at WDW in October. My boss said she didn't care. I do have to tell a couple of my key staff they can't be gone, but they don't have plans.
I cancelled the Fort cart and have a Kenny cart reserved. 14 days (the first 2 of the trip are at Coronado Springs) is way over my threshold to pay the Disney convenience tax on their cart.

October seems like a long way off, and I still have several other trips before then, but I'm getting pretty excited.

j

Jim,

I'm happy for you buddy. That's a nice long stay - you may have to get your mail forwarded. :rotfl:

There are folks like our poster @team bradfield who is retiring and spending a month at the Fort. I've never spent more than a week (and now you're spending two weeks and still working HA) but I can see my light on the horizon. I don't think I could handle 30 days at the Fort (I might lose my mind) but two weeks like you're doing (with a 10-day pass that has to be used within 14 days) is about my outer limit and just might work.

It's a good thing DW decided to bring you along for the conferences she has. :thumbsup2 I bet you were behind her at home walking by and whispering, "pick me, pick me" <jk>.

Your new dates are on our list.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

I've never spent more than a week (and now you're spending two weeks and still working HA)
Thanks for updating my dates. I've never spent more than 10 days at the Fort (or WDW). 16 is going to be surreal. I'm fortunate to get a lot of vacation time (equivalent of 5 weeks a year) and I can roll it over up to 400 hours a year. The 4 days we will be at WDW in April and the 16 in October push me into AP land. I'll get 3 or 4 day tickets for April so I can book FP+ at 60 days and then convert them to APs when we get there. From what I read, buying an AP now doesn't allow me to do FP in advance since the AP isn't "active" until first use.

And DW likes me coming along on conferences so I can help setup/take down, bring lunch and keep her company in the booth when it is slow. Small price to pay to get lots of Disney time.

j

Last edited:
Teamubr, we stayed at Lake Louisa last Oct. on our way down to the Fort. Bama_Ed had a good idea on this stopover, the park is beautiful. We had a pull thru, which was plenty long. But like most state and federal parks, they do not trim trees and under brush. We had to back in to the site and leave the front of the truck in the road. Getting to WDW the next morning was a breeze.

Thanks Arnold,

I hate to say this because I have tried to stay at LLSP 3 times, but I just cancelled my October reservation. As much as I was looking forward to camping across from Ed the night before our Fort arrival, I have the opportunity to extend our trip from 7 days to 17. DW has a conference at Coronado Springs on Oct 1-2. Instead of driving down on Friday the 9th, I'll be towing the camper down on September 30th, staying 2 nights at CS and then moving over to the Fort from October 3rd-17th.

j

As much as I was looking forward to camping across from Ed the night before our Fort arrival, I have the opportunity to extend our trip from 7 days to 17.

I would have made the same choice Jim. ::yes::

Bama Ed

Thanks Arnold,

I hate to say this because I have tried to stay at LLSP 3 times, but I just cancelled my October reservation. As much as I was looking forward to camping across from Ed the night before our Fort arrival, I have the opportunity to extend our trip from 7 days to 17. DW has a conference at Coronado Springs on Oct 1-2. Instead of driving down on Friday the 9th, I'll be towing the camper down on September 30th, staying 2 nights at CS and then moving over to the Fort from October 3rd-17th.

j
I'll see what I can do about getting a spot for maybe 3 days during the week If the wife wants to go. If not, I might drive over myself one day during the meet up. I'll try and keep current on these plans.

I'll see what I can do about getting a spot for maybe 3 days during the week If the wife wants to go. If not, I might drive over myself one day during the meet up. I'll try and keep current on these plans.

PM me if DW agrees and we'll get the ball rolling. ED

Through a source on local school board I got an early look at 2020-2021 school calendar. It would seem that they have moved the fall break back to where it originally was, which is the week of October 13th! Looks like kids are outa school 2 of the 5 days that week and easier for them to miss.

However, we already booked trip to the Fort in June for the DDs to get to go. DW wants to keep both trips. Take girls for trip in June and leave them home for the three days of school in October and have just an "us" trip.

My gut says before it's all over they'll likely go on both...

My gut says before it's all over they'll likely go on both...

What, you don't love your kids?

Of COURSE they'll be on both. And you'll buy tickets and pay for meals and charge souvenirs for them.

Because you're the cool parents.

Plus how could you think of having fun without your two DD's? You and DW NEVER had fun without kids EVER, right? :rolleyes:

Bama Ed

Wow, you guys make my head spin with all this planning, lol :crazy:. I'm happy to just sit back and enjoy your stories as we do not have to plan much or travel far. popcorn::. Will chime in when the date draws closer. But I will throw one tip out there, for those that need a night before or after, we just stayed at Moss Park in Orlando, which is about 25 minutes to the Fort and it was very nice and very cheap. See my photos in the post a picture of your site at other campgrounds thread.

But I will throw one tip out there, for those that need a night before or after, we just stayed at Moss Park in Orlando, which is about 25 minutes to the Fort and it was very nice and very cheap. See my photos in the post a picture of your site at other campgrounds thread.

Nice Terri but Moss Park appears to be on the OTHER side of Orlando (SE side) which is nice for your approach but we need you and DH to get into the RV campground business somewhere up near Wildwood (up on our side) where I might have a spot held on retainer...

Lots of Florida counties and parks districts have local campgrounds which are worth examining....

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!