UPDATED:Your thoughts on upgrading Child's Pass...

Aaron

DVC Member
I'm planning on buying 5-day hoppers so I can get the $50.00 gift cards. I will then upgrade them to Annual Passes when I get to WDW. Pretty simple so far - My question is: What if I buy additional ADULT 5-day hoppers - Could they be upgraded to a CHILD'S Annual Pass? If so that's another $50 GC per hopper...

Thoughts?

Hmmm ....

I would think so. I think that Disney will just apply the amount that you paid for the hopper to the cost of the AP, even if it's a child's AP. It's worth a try ;).

If I read your question correctly you're asking about buying additional hoppers to apply them to the Child's AP. Keep in mind that you can only apply one pass towards an AP.

I would only try to do one per AP - I have two children. I would like to buy 2 additional Adult Hoppers (to get the $50 GC), then upgrade each of them to a Child's AP.

An Update - I called the WDW ticket research line and was told that an adult hopper cannot be upgraded to an Child's annual pass. I have also emailed - it will be interesting to see if I get the same answer.

There normally isn't any trouble upgrading a ticket to an AP but it's possible the tickets with the $50 GC may be coded so you can't upgrade (or maybe they'll take off $50 off the credit).

Well we have personally done this applied a adult hopper with days left on it for a AP and even had a nice cm who applied two hoppers to one AP.

Mal

Hi Aaron!

Did you possibly mean that an adult Park Hopper pass couldn't be upgraded to a child's Annual Pass?

Correct Tammy - I asked them that specfically this morning - Can I upgrade an ADULT park hopper pass to a Child's Annual Pass - they told me no when I called the WDW Pass Research dept. Phone number is (407) 827-4166. The lady put me on hold for a few minutes to research the question, then came back with that answer.

Ah - I see where I mistyped that in the last message - I've gone back and edited it.

(sarcasm mode one)
Gee, I guess that's gonna be a major disappoinment for those folks (not Aaron) who wanted to buy the adult PHP for the $50 GC, upgrade it to a child's AP so they can get an AP resort rate, then want it upgraded free to an adult AP since the kid is now 10.
(end of sarcasm)

Yeah, I know, too much computer time...I'm getting punchy. Wait until tomorrow night! ;):p :bounce: :p :bounce::p :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter