Upgrade AP to PAP

Imgoingplaces

Earning My Ears
I have heard a couple of differnt answers on this

I purchased and used the pass two months ago, I'm going next month and I wasnt to upgrade to a PAP-do I just pay a prorated difference for the rest of the year and my anniversary date will stay the same?

Or will I have a certain amount applied to the purchase of the PAP and I will have a new anniverssary date-the day I purchase my PAP?

Help :)

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for but it depends on the CM you get to handle the transaction for you.

In general, with more than 6 months remaining on the AP, they should be charging you the entire price difference between an AP and a PAP ($127.82 non-discounted adult price). Your PAP will retain the same expiration date as your original AP. They will no longer prorate the price difference between the two.

If the AP has less than 6 months left, they should allow you to apply the prorated credit of what remains unused on the AP towards the purchase of a new PAP that would run one year from the day you do the upgrade. You will find some CM's who will also tell you that you will still have to pay the $127.82 to do the upgrade for even the few months remaining. That's why I say it depends on who you get.

The confusion comes from Disney's switch away from doing it prorated based on the price difference between the two. Too many people were upgrading an AP to a PAP with 2 or 3 months left on it and only having to pay around $10 per month left to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter