• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Use year question (I feel almost too embarrassed to ask...)

Tony

Mouseketeer
I feel like I should know the answer to this, but don't!

We have a March use year, having bought 160 points in BLT about 10 years back in the developer phase.

We are booked to travel in April 2022, so have banked one set of points, used the current year and borrowed 50% of the next use year (and bought some one time use points too) to "sort of" get the booking we want.

On March 31st 2022, do I get access to more points? I'm thinking I do but I really can't get my head round it.

Obviously will be very late in the day, but will we - at the 11th hour - have an extra 160 points to play with?

Thanks in advance

If you have a March UY, your points come available March 1st. So 3/1/22, your 2022 points are available without borrowing. So did you 'bank' from 2021 into 2022, used 2022 points, and then borrowed from 2023?

Does that make sense? Does it answer you question?

Thanks. Yes, we've maxed out our allowance right now. Dashboard shows:
March 2021 0 of 160, points banked
March 2022 0 of 160
March 2023 80 of 160
March 2024 160 of 160

I think what's puzzling me though is if we tweak the booking on April 1st I'm actually using points from 4 use years across a single booking when I thought the limit would be spreading across 3 years...

Not sure how you're using from 4 use years? You should not have access to any additional points 4/1/22 than you do 3/1/22. You cannot get to the 2024 points until 3/1/23, when you could then borrow from 2024.

That's my point. At the moment we have bookings worth 414 points in place (160 + 160 + 80 plus 14 I bought)

So what happens/changes when the next use year tips over, at the start (sorry, previously thought it was the end) of March 2022? The answer seems to be "nothing at all" as the holiday falls in the March '22 use year, so I can just forget about tweaking the booking as nothing will change on March 1st.

So what happens/changes when the next use year tips over, at the start (sorry, previously thought it was the end) of March 2022? The answer seems to be "nothing at all" as the holiday falls in the March '22 use year, so I can just forget about tweaking the booking as nothing will change on March 1st.
That is correct. You have used all of the points that will be available to you for an April 2022 trip.

According the dashboard you showed, you are already using banked points from 2021, all your points from 2022, and 80 borrowed points from 2023, plus one-time use points. The remaining 80 points from 2023 will become available for use on March 1, 2023 (unless DVC changes the 50% limit on borrowed points).

You've maxed out the amount of points you can use until 2023
Unless borrowing changes back to 100% then your next booking needs to be from 1st March 2023

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter