used current, 2021 and 2019 for a January 21 trip, now what happens if I cancel?

tinkandme

Mouseketeer
Hello! I have read through the threads and I am still wondering what will happen in my case, if I were to cancel. I used 332 point to book BWV in January 2021. 150 from the current year
Bank Points to Use Year 2020 from 2019. +143 Vacation Points

Borrow points to Use Year 2020 from 2021.+39 Vacation Points

What will happen if I cancel? I'd love to re-book for January 2022. Thank you!

What is your UY? It’s hard to answer completely without that.

However, the banked points will stay in your 2020 UY and expire at the end of it,

If you cancel now, they should put the borrowed points back to your 2021 UY as they are making that exception right now..
but can end at any time,

For the 150 2020 UY points, it all depends on if you are beyond your banking window. If you are, then they also expire at the end of the 2020 UY. If not, you can bank to 2021.

Regardless, the 143 banked 2019 points will not be valid for a trip in January 2022.

However, the banked points will stay in your 2020 UY and expire at the end of it,

If you cancel now, they should put the borrowed points back to your 2021 UY as they are making that exception right now..
but can end at any time,

For the 150 2020 UY points, it all depends on if you are beyond your banking window. If you are, then they also expire at the end of the 2020 UY. If not, you can bank to 2021.

Regardless, the 143 banked 2019 points will not be valid for a trip in January 2022.

but can end at any time,

I was afraid of that! Sorry I should have mentioned my UY is June. thank you so much for answering! you are wonderful at answering all of our questions!!

We had a Thanksgiving trip booked using banked points, but canceled it back in June. The banked points were placed back into our account two weeks ago! We had assumed they'd already been returned, and we used them. We're now facing points that expire in a month and DVC has no answer for why it took four months to return the points. My point, be careful using banked points on a trip that might be canceled.

We had a Thanksgiving trip booked using banked points, but canceled it back in June. The banked points were placed back into our account two weeks ago! We had assumed they'd already been returned, and we used them. We're now facing points that expire in a month and DVC has no answer for why it took four months to return the points. My point, be careful using banked points on a trip that might be canceled.

That is extremely weird...Banked Points usually go right back in.

I know the banked 2018 points that were extended didn’t show up online, but other than that, it’s always been right away.

Sorry it happened to you this way.

Hello! I have read through the threads and I am still wondering what will happen in my case, if I were to cancel. I used 332 point to book BWV in January 2021. 150 from the current year
Bank Points to Use Year 2020 from 2019.+143 Vacation Points

Borrow points to Use Year 2020 from 2021.+39 Vacation Points

What will happen if I cancel? I'd love to re-book for January 2022. Thank you!

150 current UY points would need to be banked by January 31st or used by May 31st, 2021
143 banked points would need to be used by May 31st, 2021
39 Borrowed points as of now would still be eligible to be returned to original UY. If that guideline changes back to normal before you cancel then they would need to be used by May 31st, 2021.

150 current UY points would need to be banked by January 31st or used by May 31st, 2021
143 banked points would need to be used by May 31st, 2021
39 Borrowed points as of now would still be eligible to be returned to original UY. If that guideline changes back to normal before you cancel then they would need to be used by May 31st, 2021.
Thank you!

Thank you for your reply. Sorry that happened to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter